Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2363299 times)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #5175 on: March 01, 2018, 03:49:39 PM »
I read an article which was saying the Chinese economy is set to crash similar to how the US did in 2008, but worse. If that happens I don't want to think about what happens to us
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5176 on: March 01, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »
I read an article which was saying the Chinese economy is set to crash similar to how the US did in 2008, but worse. If that happens I don't want to think about what happens to us
China's Economy is growing at 6.9%, suggests a bubble, BUT its been running at / near that for a long, long time, they started at such a low base that they should sustain growth for a while IMO. When things do go wrong though everyone needs to watch out, its an awful lot of people to keep under control when they start to lose jobs / food! There are still 100's of millions living day to day out there.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5177 on: March 03, 2018, 06:46:55 PM »
Would you please do the decent think mr Lai and Fire pardew

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5178 on: March 03, 2018, 08:05:34 PM »
Ok... so now that we are certainly heading towards the Championship, what are the predicted next steps for Lai?

He bought the club for £175 million. What's it worth next season as a standalone company?

He didn't buy us for vanity. It was an investment that he could promotionally couple with his Palm business in China. No Premier league football = limited Promo revenue in his home market, again devaluing his investment.

Does he look to sell or over-invest more capital in order to try for an immediate return?

Answers on a postcard...

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5179 on: March 03, 2018, 08:11:02 PM »
Ok... so now that we are certainly heading towards the Championship, what are the predicted next steps for Lai?

He bought the club for £175 million. What's it worth next season as a standalone company?

He didn't buy us for vanity. It was an investment that he could promotionally couple with his Palm business in China. No Premier league football = limited Promo revenue in his home market, again devaluing his investment.

Does he look to sell or over-invest more capital in order to try for an immediate return?

Answers on a postcard...

Looks to get out with a minimal loss asap in my opinion. Whether that tallies with Chinese business ethics I have no idea.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5180 on: March 03, 2018, 08:12:48 PM »

Answers on a postcard...

I’d like to think he will invest heavily to secure an immediate return, unfortunately what I believe is more likely is for him to minimise his losses.

Sell everything of any worth and bank the parachute payments.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5181 on: March 03, 2018, 08:16:35 PM »
I think you're both probably right. The old adage of don't start a business that you have no experience in seems to fall true here.

I think we may have seen the last of the free scarves and beer.

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5182 on: March 03, 2018, 08:17:41 PM »
I think he'll have one go at trying to get us back in the premier.  He'll have to gamble and spend some cash, but the loss on us will be massive.  I'd have one possibly two seasons at trying to get back in the prem before throwing in the towel.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5183 on: March 03, 2018, 08:20:47 PM »
I think he'll have one go at trying to get us back in the premier.  He'll have to gamble and spend some cash, but the loss on us will be massive.  I'd have one possibly two seasons at trying to get back in the prem before throwing in the towel.

If I was Lai I would tell Dan Ashworth to name his salary.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5184 on: March 03, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »
Was having this conversation the other day, have a very weird feeling that Peace will buy the club back for less than he sold it at some point next year.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5185 on: March 03, 2018, 08:30:49 PM »
Was having this conversation the other day, have a very weird feeling that Peace will buy the club back for less than he sold it at some point next year.

Haha, I didn't even see that plot twist! Genius.

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5186 on: March 03, 2018, 08:33:35 PM »

Was talking with my Dad earlier.  He said exactly the same thing.  I think peace is a wise man though personally and will stay well away.

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5187 on: March 03, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »

Me too but unfortunately Dan Ashworth is on to bigger and better things.

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5188 on: March 03, 2018, 08:36:03 PM »

I doubt he even knows who dan ashworth is..

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5189 on: March 03, 2018, 08:36:41 PM »
Was talking with my Dad earlier.  He said exactly the same thing.  I think peace is a wise man though personally and will stay well away.

He’s also a business man. Likelyhood is its going to get worse before it gets better at this club, Lai is going into unknown territory with the championship.

I imagine at one point he will just look at ‘a way out’ Peace could offer him that at a cheaper price and also come back as the ‘saviour.’

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5190 on: March 03, 2018, 08:37:45 PM »
Said exactly that over some beers last night - can see it coming

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5191 on: March 03, 2018, 08:40:07 PM »

Cannot see that happening, Peace secured maximum return for minimum outlay.

He is a businessman first and foremost, he will realise it would be almost impossible to repeat.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5192 on: March 03, 2018, 08:45:09 PM »
He could come back as chairman he doesn’t have to buy it back

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5193 on: March 03, 2018, 08:47:54 PM »
He could come back as chairman he doesn’t have to buy it back
Wouldn't surprise me if this happened

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5194 on: March 03, 2018, 08:48:28 PM »
Cannot see that happening, Peace secured maximum return for minimum outlay.

He is a businessman first and foremost, he will realise it would be almost impossible to repeat.
Also a fan. Like some of us he might fear a double drop and possibly Lai leaving us in a mess similar to before Megson took over.
I remember him saying we are a top half championship club in today’s football - looks like very soon we might all be hoping for that....

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5195 on: March 03, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »
2 of the top 4 in the Championship are Chinese owned. I think he'll stay and want to come straight back up.
If we get the right manager, chairman and scouts we have a great chance.
After the dirge of Pulis, I'm hoping for a new dawn.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5196 on: March 03, 2018, 08:55:16 PM »
Totally agree with you setee.
Salo was upset today,I think he's a decent human being and do you know what,I think hell stay and hit 20 goals next season,also I don't think that Mr.lai won't need to spend,we have players to get rid of for good money.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5197 on: March 12, 2018, 07:52:24 AM »
If anyone heard the paper review on talk sport this morning the journalist seemed to think he's looking to sell, that's why pardew is still here as he wont sack him.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5198 on: March 13, 2018, 07:25:24 AM »
If anyone heard the paper review on talk sport this morning the journalist seemed to think he's looking to sell, that's why pardew is still here as he wont sack him.

The only reason Pardew is still here is because the board have admitted defeat and know we are destined for the championship. He has a break up clause in the contract that states when we are officially relegated we can sack him without paying him any money towards compensation. This is probably the only smart move the club have made all season

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5199 on: March 13, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
The only reason Pardew is still here is because the board have admitted defeat and know we are destined for the championship. He has a break up clause in the contract that states when we are officially relegated we can sack him without paying him any money towards compensation. This is probably the only smart move the club have made all season

So Pardew is going to be wheeled out for 8 more press conferences?? They really are rubbing his nose in it which he richly deserves.

He should be banished on garden leave and let the 'Celtic' mob run the show for 8 games.