Author Topic: One month to go  (Read 19066 times)

Mo

• Junior Baggie

Re: One month to go
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2019, 09:32:40 PM »
Agree re Bartley, although he did have a decent end to the season, his attitude on the pitch worries me, doesn't take responsibility, gets out of position and constantly pointing and blaming others.
Livermore, exactly the same.

For long periods last season I was a big critic of Bartley in particular his overall body language . I simply didn’t like him end of . However I saw him arrive at the stadium and walk past our group ( we were on a stadium tour ) as he made his way to the changing room  to our Rotherham home game last season and he completely took me by surprise he was warm , friendly, and a credit to himself the club . There were others who totally blanked people asking for autographs despite going on over the top laps of honour at the end of games .

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2019, 09:42:30 PM »
Pontus Jansson has signed for Brentford. Very strange signing imo and someone I think we should of definitely been after
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 09:57:15 PM by MarkW »
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2019, 09:55:24 PM »
Can't believe we didn't make a concerted effort. Ready made replacement for Dawson. I just wonder what goes on at board level.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2019, 10:25:21 PM »
Can't believe we didn't make a concerted effort. Ready made replacement for Dawson. I just wonder what goes on at board level.
Pretty sure the new boss has the final say on any signings according to what Dowling said at the press conference.
Which would also indicate the new boss has his own targets and Jannsson wasn't on his radar,
Any new faces will come with the approval of Bilic directly.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2019, 10:31:18 PM »
I truly hope you are right.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2019, 10:32:40 PM »
Pretty sure the new boss has the final say on any signings according to what Dowling said at the press conference.
Which would also indicate the new boss has his own targets and Jannsson wasn't on his radar,
Any new faces will come with the approval of Bilic directly.

Yep this.

Slaven will know who he wants to bring in he's not going to be swayed because Jannsson or Roofe become available. He and the club will have identified players they want to bring in to play the way Slaven wants to play.

Krovinovic would've been on no supporters radar before he came here and I wouldn't mind betting further additions to the squad will come from abroad.

Fans have been moaning for a few years because we were only signing players from English clubs rather than utilising the overseas market, now we're doing that they're moaning because we're not trying to bring in someone from Leeds.

Let's judge the squad at the end of the window and trust our head coach to do his job.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2019, 09:56:32 AM »
Plenty of time left but i do think we need a minimum of 6 further players joining us before August 3rd.

I completely trust Bilic though and feel we may sign 3 players within a few days of each other.

Quietly confident.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2019, 10:21:22 AM »
Priority must be strikers.  As it stands at the moment we have no strikers for the opening match. the only striker we have is HRK and he's suspended for the 1st match.

I have faith in Bilic and his team that work is progessing behind the scenes that none of us are aware of.

One name that has been mentioned is Famara Diedhiou from Bristol City.  He would give us something new which we were lacking last year , an aerial threat.  Just read the stats from last year that he won 5.6 aerial duels per game last year.  Our best player was Dawson who won 4.3 per game.  Putting it in perspective, Jrod won 1.8 per game.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2019, 11:36:37 AM »
Bring Roofe home.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2019, 12:04:00 PM »
If the rumours on prices are true, we could do a lot worse than:

Reece Oxford - 4 million.
Romaine Sawyers - 2million
Kemar Roofe - 5 million
Michael Morrison - free or
Josh Vela - free

That would give us another body in the attacking positions, cover a striker and also cover our defenders. All for the money received from the Rogers and Dawson deal, and covered by the Rodriguez and Dawson wages.

Adding in a couple of loan deals from the premier league and abroad and the squad wouldn't look too bad.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2019, 01:46:16 PM »
Saw some photos of the players training in Spain yesterday. They looked quite lonely out on the pitch. I do hope some of the lads going to Benidorm take their boots with them to keep the little mites company.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2019, 03:33:13 PM »
It's very difficult to see this season going well based on the current trajectory.

As expected almost everyone from last season is leaving, but the biggest concern here is the poor fees for the players. In 07/08 we lost players but we got good fees for the time and were able to reinvest, we've lost players for relatively nothing by todays standards this time. 6m for Dawson doesn't go far, 5+5m Rodriguez won't even buy a decent championship striker.

In 07/08 we were able to rebuild but crucially we kept some key players - people like Greening, Robinson, Phillips, Gera were all instrumental this season. This time round we're losing it seems almost all quality and just left with the ones who are average at best at this level.

Then this is all exacerbated by the transfer window ending in a month now. We've made one signing - a loan without a view to a permanent - and don't seem any closer to doing any business. Pre-season is basically wasted and we'll be parachuting players in late on hoping they gel.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2019, 04:07:47 PM »
It's not looking great is it! Many players leaving and one incoming at present. Two of our biggest young talents are leaving the club. As you say only a month to go and many players to replace. We have sold players for £40m plus but how much will we be given to spend on new players?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »
We should have £50-65m to spend on transfers and wages. The lack of movement to bring players in so far is disappointing. We seem to be playing catch-up.

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2019, 08:00:06 PM »
Or have we been waiting to see if we have the money for the players we want as we need to shift people to get some new ones in!
We always seem to sign people out of nowhere so I’m not worried at this point!
If it is still the same with a few days to go it would be a different story!
We can only wait and see at this point, all part of the excitement.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: July 09, 2019, 10:44:49 PM »
Yeah so we are going to be brining in a shed load of new players who won't have had a pre-season with us and will all be strangers to each other and the management. Nothing to worry about....

It's chaos and I don't believe anyone in the club hierarchy have a clue what they are doing. Who we end up signing will probably be dictated by the activity of other clubs and lady luck. It's easier to take a good game in football. Reality is far different. Surely there must be a sense of urgency now to bring in three new strikers asap.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: July 09, 2019, 11:09:33 PM »
Yeah so we are going to be brining in a shed load of new players who won't have had a pre-season with us and will all be strangers to each other and the management. Nothing to worry about....

It's chaos and I don't believe anyone in the club hierarchy have a clue what they are doing. Who we end up signing will probably be dictated by the activity of other clubs and lady luck. It's easier to take a good game in football. Reality is far different. Surely there must be a sense of urgency now to bring in three new strikers asap.

Jesus Christ lads. calm down, will ye.  We all called for a clear out, didn't we ?? Well, the clear out is happening.
Lets give Slaven a chance to build his own team. He's hardly here a wet week yet. OF COURSE, him and his team are working away behind the scene lining up replacements. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being negative for the sake of being negative.
Lighten up lads, ffs.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: July 09, 2019, 11:35:19 PM »
Jesus Christ lads. calm down, will ye.  We all called for a clear out, didn't we ?? Well, the clear out is happening.
Lets give Slaven a chance to build his own team. He's hardly here a wet week yet. OF COURSE, him and his team are working away behind the scene lining up replacements. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just being negative for the sake of being negative.
Lighten up lads, ffs.

It's not just signing players. It's giving bilic time to train and formulate tactics and his style of play.
The season starts in what 4. Week's?
 It takes time to get a defence sorted into a cohesive unit let alone found set piece drill's.
Shambles

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2019, 11:48:19 PM »
What does the 3 year embargo refer to, Jacko ?

Chinese money is only restricted for 3 years, or at least the restrictions are relaxed after 3 years.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2019, 11:59:20 PM »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/moment-pontus-janssons-relationship-marcelo-17725578

See lads, we don't know the half of it. This guys sounds like bad news. We are all calling for the ringleades and troublemakers to be moved on from our squad, and then some of ye are questioning why we weren't in for this a**hole. 
Back up lads, trust in Slaven. He's no greenhorn.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2019, 09:14:12 AM »
Lighten up lads, ffs.

Exactly this !!!

it takes time to do a clear out and re-build a team. our fans never have patience.

the first two games of the season our squad may not be what we want it to but im confident by the end of the window we will have a strong enough squad to compete.

There is money to re-invest into the squad but it needs to be spent wisely. i think sometimes if some of our fans were in charge we would be throwing all sorts on panic buys.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2019, 09:24:31 AM »
Please keep comments relevant to the thread topic, any non relevant posts will be removed.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2019, 07:58:08 PM »
Just imagine, five more sleeps and we go again! Boy how time flies
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.