Author Topic: 6 Mar 2024 Queens Park Rangers 2 Albion 2  (Read 10078 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #400 on: March 07, 2024, 10:30:44 AM »
Come on lads we cant be brilliant every week  ;)  a draw against an in form team at their ground is not to be sniffed at, that point could be the difference between the play-offs and finishing 7th.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #401 on: March 07, 2024, 10:39:43 AM »
It is also funny how their manager etc. is going on about the Kipre handball as if it's a guaranteed when they had literally just missed a penalty.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #402 on: March 07, 2024, 10:47:08 AM »
It is also funny how their manager etc. is going on about the Kipre handball as if it's a guaranteed when they had literally just missed a penalty.
To be fair you’d be fuming. Not assured of scoring it but even if missed they’d have been playing against ten for the remainder and battered us 11v11.  Understandable that the ref missed it but it’s still a bit poor from the ref and his team.

BagAlbion123

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #403 on: March 07, 2024, 11:07:31 AM »
The Field fan club are probably going to have a field day with this, bottom line it was his only 2 goals this season and bet you many people forgot he was even playing for QPR, he had what 5 different managers here and no one fancied him so I don't buy this idea he was treated poorly.

As for the game, CC got is wholly wrong system and personnel, Wallace as a CF experiment needs to end asap he's ineffective playing with 10 men esp away from home. We were overrun in MF all night and he took of our only outlet for a CB????

We got a point because we playing QPR, a better team and we lose 4 or 5 their CF was awful, they had so many set pieces and they were all so poor (or just well defended by us)

Last 1.5 performances are worrying...

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #404 on: March 07, 2024, 12:03:34 PM »
Anyone else find the stewards hostile and looking for bites?

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #405 on: March 07, 2024, 12:36:43 PM »
The Field fan club are probably going to have a field day with this, bottom line it was his only 2 goals this season and bet you many people forgot he was even playing for QPR, he had what 5 different managers here and no one fancied him so I don't buy this idea he was treated poorly.

He's played under 4 managers at QPR and he's a deep midfielder.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #406 on: March 07, 2024, 02:22:13 PM »
He's played under 4 managers at QPR and he's a deep midfielder.
Seemed to be playing much further up the pitch than with us. I hardly ever saw him in the opposition penalty box with us.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #407 on: March 07, 2024, 03:09:46 PM »
You know the old saying guys
If you cant win dont lose and we didnt lose did we?
They wernt good enough to beat us either were they?
A very good awzy point for us ladt night keeps us in top 6 and helps another point further way crom Norwich, so all good, we go again to Huddersfield on Sunday

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #408 on: March 07, 2024, 06:03:05 PM »
Can't argue with anything any one has said to be fair. Lucky to get the point, a couple of inspired moments, one or two lucky breaks.

We were not great but they are currently really upping the ante and I think looked pretty damn good at times.

That'll do for last night but we need to pull a rabbit from the hat ....
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #409 on: March 07, 2024, 10:01:31 PM »
midfielder / winger at full back,
full back at CH,
Afcon finalist CH on the bench

I think CC sometimes overthinks stuff,
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2024, 04:34:34 PM »
Great result in the end. Yes we looked awful. But that was mainly down to QPR pressing high and fast. Making the pitch as small as possible and not allowing us the space to pass out and break. Normally when teams do that, they let off for 10-15mins and you are allowed to get back into the match.

Two great goals by us and a great save by kipre 😂.

Also a side note. Fellows is now our prized asset. Everytime he gets the ball and is one on one with the left back. You know he is going to beat them and most importantly put the ball in a dangerous area. I absolutely love the kid.

Need to handle him carefully and be careful he doesn't burn out. 

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2024, 02:53:26 AM »
To be fair you’d be fuming. Not assured of scoring it but even if missed they’d have been playing against ten for the remainder and battered us 11v11.  Understandable that the ref missed it but it’s still a bit poor from the ref and his team.

It (Kipre handball) is exactly the type of incident VAR should
be used for instead of what it is actually used for.

I don't blame the ref at all for missing it nor his assistants. I saw three or four replays and still didn't notice it. It was only when the commentators mentioned it after someone had spotted it after several replays and different angles that I became aware of the handball. There were three or four QPR players inside the penalty area and the only one to appeal was the centre forward who was right next to Kipre, all the others put their hands to their heads thinking Palmer had pulled off a wonder save.

It was incredibly difficult to spot at full speed in the moment.  QPR fans, players and staff have every right to feel really aggrieved, they absolutely deserved the three points.

Emotions run high straight after games and I can understand Steve Cook's comments but saying the officials have to get that decision right is expecting an awful lot without help.