Author Topic: Callum Marshall Joins Albion on loan  (Read 8617 times)

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

Callum Marshall Joins Albion on loan
« on: January 26, 2024, 01:31:27 PM »
Reporting on twitter that were signing Callum Marshall on loan from West Ham. It's come from someone who is very reliable on West Ham news so looks like it could be happening.

Edit: Bit more about him, scored 16 in 10 apparently in the PL2 and 3 in 4 in EFL trophy. Centre forward who it looks like can play on the left as well.
Smethwick..

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Callum Marshall
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 01:42:36 PM »
Reporting on twitter that were signing Callum Marshall on loan from West Ham. It's come from someone who is very reliable on West Ham news so looks like it could be happening.

Edit: Bit more about him, scored 16 in 10 apparently in the PL2 and 3 in 4 in EFL trophy. Centre forward who it looks like can play on the left as well.
Being reported by Romano to, although he could just be re posting from the West Ham Twitterati
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 01:54:56 PM »
Marshall would be a good gamble, hes highly rated, the kind of loans we should be looking for. Low risk, high reward. We are not in a position to be getting the top established loans so this is what we need to look out for.

His premier league 2 record is 16 goals in 10 games which takes some doing, though naturally its a low level of football.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 02:05:54 PM »
Marshall is worth a gamble, probably the best youth striker in the country currently. Either he’s ready for first team football and we’ve got one of the best strikers in the league, or he’s not and we send him back.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 03:36:18 PM »
Marshall definitely worth a gamble, EX WHU employee is pretty good, he said we wanted him before so good chance of it getting done especially as he's signed a new contract with WHU today. He'll be sent out on loan now, hopefully to us.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 04:06:19 PM »
Can’t understand us wanting to sign a player in Marshall who has no track record at Prem or Championship or indeed at any level apart from match’s in the FL Trophy ! Surely this is going to be a complete gamble . Why not let Jovan Malcolm have an extended run off the bench .

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 04:08:25 PM »
Can’t understand us wanting to sign a player in Marshall who has no track record at Prem or Championship or indeed at any level apart from match’s in the FL Trophy ! Surely this is going to be a complete gamble . Why not let Jovan Malcolm have an extended run off the bench .

I suspect he's far better than Malcolm.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 04:18:16 PM »
I suspect that too.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 04:37:21 PM »
Marshall is worth a gamble, probably the best youth striker in the country currently. Either he’s ready for first team football and we’ve got one of the best strikers in the league, or he’s not and we send him back.

We wouldn’t be able to send him back.  Can’t move between transfer windows.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2024, 06:01:24 PM »
LEwis Cox confirms we are trying to get the Marshall loan done.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2024, 06:24:03 PM »
Callum Marshall's uncle has posted that he's signing for us on Twitter and they have some historic family ties to WBA

"Delighted that our young nephew @callummarsh04 is joining @WBA for the rest of the season. A great opportunity for him..
but my wife Bernadette Vernon who’s Uncle Jackie (Vernon) was captain for the Club some years back is even more delighted..#Nephew and #uncle -pretty unique!"

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2024, 06:36:14 PM »
Callum Marshall's uncle has posted that he's signing for us on Twitter and they have some historic family ties to WBA

"Delighted that our young nephew @callummarsh04 is joining @WBA for the rest of the season. A great opportunity for him..
but my wife Bernadette Vernon who’s Uncle Jackie (Vernon) was captain for the Club some years back is even more delighted..#Nephew and #uncle -pretty unique!"

Uncle made 190 appearances for us!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Vernon_(footballer)

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2024, 07:03:03 PM »
It’s been officially announced.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2024, 07:06:54 PM »
A very welcome addition

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Callum Marshall Joins Albion on loan
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2024, 07:08:36 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/callum-marshall-joins-loan-west-ham

Albion are delighted to confirm the loan signing of West Ham United striker Callum Marshall.

The 19-year-old, who joins for the remainder of the season, came off the bench to make his Hammers debut in their third-round replay against Bristol City earlier this month. He is cup-tied for the Black Country derby on Sunday (ko 11.45am).

Glengormley-born Marshall has netted 19 goals for West Ham’s under-21s this season, earning three caps for Northern Ireland’s senior side after making his international debut in June 2023.

And Callum says he is ready to take on the challenge of the Sky Bet Championship.

He said: “It’s a big step for me, and I know it’s a challenge moving up to the Championship from under-21s football. I’m going to give it my all and try to work my way into the squad and then the team.

“I know the team are flying - I’ve watched a few games from my digs in London. Carlos seems like a top coach and I’m really excited to get working under him.”

Carlos Corberán said: “We are very happy to have Callum with us. He is a young player with lots of potential and a very good future in front of him.

“Callum provides additional competition in attack. He is a natural striker with the quality to link up play and lots of energy to press.

“He has good instincts in front of goal, which he has shown by scoring a high number of goals for West Ham’s Under-21s side.”
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

luke.jones1234

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2024, 07:10:56 PM »
Just out of interest how many more loans are we allowed ?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2024, 07:22:55 PM »
Really pleased with this. Welcome on board Callum.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2024, 07:41:40 PM »
Just out of interest how many more loans are we allowed ?

Off the top of my head, no more than two from one club, and only five loan players can be involved in a matchday squad.
Max of seven loan players in, although I don't know if that counts over the full season, or at a time?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2024, 07:52:24 PM »
Off the top of my head, no more than two from one club, and only five loan players can be involved in a matchday squad.
Max of seven loan players in, although I don't know if that counts over the full season, or at a time?

I think it’s at any one time

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2024, 07:59:44 PM »
WHU friends of mine rate him and think we’ve done well. Let’s hope he does as well as our last West Ham loan…
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2024, 08:14:44 PM »
Welcome and good luck CM.

I don't know anything about him.

Does anyone know if he is quick?

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2024, 08:35:38 PM »
I hope everyone’s optimism is well placed . We’ve gone from signing over 30’s to someone with no league experience. The great tranch of players in between remains untapped to us apparently.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2024, 08:45:54 PM »
Lepkowski has shared a tweet from the lads uncle.

I don’t think it’s the lads great uncle by blood based on how it’s written, but his aunties uncle, Jackie Vernon (great uncle by marriage I guess)  played for and captained us between 1947-1952.

Sorry, just realised Gazberg had already shared most the detail!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 08:47:32 PM by johnny Cash »

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2024, 09:37:02 PM »
I hope everyone’s optimism is well placed . We’ve gone from signing over 30’s to someone with no league experience. The great tranch of players in between remains untapped to us apparently.
Be grateful for anyone in the circumstances.
Anyway, good luck Callum, good to have another attacking option off the bench
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 09:39:04 PM by Albertbaggie »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2024, 09:55:59 PM »
Welcome to the club Callum, be interesting to see how he gets on.