Author Topic: Alex Mowatt  (Read 86983 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Alex Mowatt
« Reply #725 on: October 01, 2023, 07:56:15 PM »
He looks fitter and quicker. Playing well atm and long may it continue.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #726 on: October 01, 2023, 08:02:38 PM »
AM is playing like the AM who first played for us. Great to see him back to that form, and long may it last.

You were not saying BTA should not be played up top on his own before, were you?

Imo you have little to no knowledge about football, this evidenced by you stating on here after the terriers result that you could do a better job than cc and would play furlong in mf because he has energy.

Everybody jobs looks easy from the outside, but that doesn't mean you'd really have a clue how to do it.

It's fans like you who drive good managers away.

Even though it is staring you in the face, you can't seem to understand that this manager has not spent a penny in transfer fees.

He took our bottom of the table team to within 3 points of a po place.

He's one the best young managers out there and any decent fan base would be forming an orderly queue outside cc's to see if he needs any chores doing around the house.

A lack of a transfer budget and ingrates like you are going to drive him out, sooner rather than later, with your boos after Millwall game, etc, etc.
.......and so say all (well, nearly all) of us. Well said.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #727 on: October 03, 2023, 10:08:58 PM »
Excellent again tonight. Really impressed me since getting a chance.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #728 on: October 04, 2023, 07:07:06 AM »
Mowatt has always been a good player. He was playing with a hernia for half a season when he first joined. I'm not sure people understand how that affects a player.

He's on top form now but he's nice and fresh having only started the last three games. He will have a dip in form and then some fans will claim he's no good again. That's the fickle nature of football fans.

I've not seen anything to get excited about in Chalobah (in fact quite the opposite) but in Mowatt, Molumby and Yokuslu we have three top class Championship midfielders and any combination of those three is more than adequate at this level.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #729 on: October 04, 2023, 07:15:33 AM »
I had no idea he has a hernia when he joined.

I had one playing Sunday league and it was excruciating and limiting all at once. Fair play to him for playing on

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #730 on: October 04, 2023, 07:55:27 AM »
He was excellent last night. Always wants the ball and doesn’t panic. Some of his switch passes yesterday to enable Wallace, Furlong and Phillips to attack their wide men were excellent.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #731 on: October 04, 2023, 08:17:23 AM »
He was excellent last night. Always wants the ball and doesn’t panic. Some of his switch passes yesterday to enable Wallace, Furlong and Phillips to attack their wide men were excellent.

Agree with this, he is like a new signing.
MAGA!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #732 on: October 04, 2023, 04:55:26 PM »
AM is playing like the AM who first played for us. Great to see him back to that form, and long may it last.

You were not saying BTA should not be played up top on his own before, were you?

Imo you have little to no knowledge about football, this evidenced by you stating on here after the terriers result that you could do a better job than cc and would play furlong in mf because he has energy.

Everybody jobs looks easy from the outside, but that doesn't mean you'd really have a clue how to do it.

Even though it is staring you in the face, you can't seem to understand that this manager has not spent a penny in transfer fees.

He's one the best young managers out there and any decent fan base would be forming an orderly queue outside cc's to see if he needs any chores doing around the house.

A lack of a transfer budget and ingrates like you are going to drive him out, sooner rather than later, with your boos after Millwall game, etc, etc.
Just because you say stuff or don’t agree with what I say, doesn’t make you correct.
To answer your points
I’m happy mowatt is contributing
I’ve never been happy with BTA as a lone striker, is tough and positional sense are bad
I really don’t care for your opinion, we should not be losing at home to Huddersfield.
Managers don’t leave clubs because of fans like me
There is nowt staring me in the face, I am aware of how much money we haven’t spent
Yes we had a good run(for which he got credit) then we had a bad run which many said was down to everyone and anyone but Corberan.
Ingrate?…I didn’t boo after the milwall game …maybe get your facts right .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #733 on: October 05, 2023, 10:17:06 PM »
Just because you say stuff or don’t agree with what I say, doesn’t make you correct.
To answer your points
I’m happy mowatt is contributing
I’ve never been happy with BTA as a lone striker, is tough and positional sense are bad
I really don’t care for your opinion, we should not be losing at home to Huddersfield.
Managers don’t leave clubs because of fans like me
There is nowt staring me in the face, I am aware of how much money we haven’t spent
Yes we had a good run(for which he got credit) then we had a bad run which many said was down to everyone and anyone but Corberan.
Ingrate?…I didn’t boo after the milwall game …maybe get your facts right .

All I have to say is apply for the job you stated you could do better than cc.

Let's see how far down the interview process you get.

Re Alex Mowatt, it is like having a new player.

Mom for me against SW, very cool in possession and not giving the ball away.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 11:50:44 PM by BalisPen »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #734 on: October 07, 2023, 06:59:27 PM »

This evidence
Corberan played Furlong as right midfield against both Preston and blues…imo he had 2 of his better games in the last two seasons .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #735 on: October 08, 2023, 01:46:15 AM »
Did he?

Who played right wingback in the 5 then?

Also, you wanted furlong played in centre midfielder because of energy.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #736 on: October 08, 2023, 02:58:05 AM »
This evidence
Corberan played Furlong as right midfield against both Preston and blues…imo he had 2 of his better games in the last two seasons .

No he didn't the formation was the same 3421. I know jouno's stated we'd reverted to two CH's but this is far from the first time they've got it wrong, they clearly don't understand the tactical side of the game enough. CC himself put one local journo right and corrected him. We were endlessly told we were playing 4231 last season but we werent it was 442. Not one journo to my knowledge understands that even now.

Once someone says something others jump on a bandwagon and a false "truth" is created. It's not just in football it happens in every day life all the time.

As Gary Megson once said (and people need to understand this) - You don't attack in formations.

Formations are how you line up off the ball when the opposition has possession. In this case Phillips clearly drops into a back 5. You could actually call it a 541 which actually would be more accurate than a 3421. However when teams play three CH's everyone calls it a 3. When teams play with two CH's no one calls it a two at the back. That's one of football's strange things. If you look at Liverpool for example TAA and Robertson play every bit as advanced as a Wingback but everyone says they play with a back four not a back two.

Because of idiosyncrasies like this you can often debate exactly how a team lines up but in our case at the moment it's always with a back three CH's.

What teams do ON the ball is strategical. Players don't play football in lanes particularly in the modern game and there are tweaks going on all the time.

Next time the other teams keeper has the ball and you get a wide shot on TV (or if you have an appropriate vantage point at the game) look where the players are positioned and that gives you your formation.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #737 on: November 04, 2023, 07:31:25 PM »
AM has been excellent since coming into the side.

Always covering, making himself available for a pass and most importantly never wasting possession.

8 out 10 performances from him every week.

The upturn in form may be because he is in the last year of his contract and is putting himself in the shop window (I think his previous best season came when he was in the last  year of his contract under VI).

Doesn't really matter as long as keeps it up.

This is the player we had before his injury, although he is curbing his attacking instincts imo to make us solid, which we have been since he and CK cams in.

Keep it AW.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #738 on: November 04, 2023, 08:31:32 PM »
Man of the match for me today, just wish he had the nous to back off a couple of paces for the free kick, in the same way that Gardner did for Blues against us.
Alex has been like a breath of fresh air since getting his place back in the team. Presently a big improvement on Jason Molumby.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #739 on: November 04, 2023, 09:38:57 PM »
I don’t see it, he looks slow and clunky and I’d rather chalobah or mulumby.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #740 on: November 04, 2023, 09:56:58 PM »
AM has been excellent since coming into the side.

Always covering, making himself available for a pass and most importantly never wasting possession.

8 out 10 performances from him every week.

The upturn in form may be because he is in the last year of his contract and is putting himself in the shop window (I think his previous best season came when he was in the last  year of his contract under VI).

Doesn't really matter as long as keeps it up.

This is the player we had before his injury, although he is curbing his attacking instincts imo to make us solid, which we have been since he and CK cams in.

Keep it AW.
Im not convinced this is the player we had before his injury. Before his injury he ran around loads and pressed a lot , other than a couple of absolute rocket strikes I don’t think he showed a great deal of ability with the ball. This manager is getting a far more rounded game out of him, the improvement is immense. I think on recent showings he’s the pick of the centre midfielders.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #741 on: November 04, 2023, 11:00:34 PM »

Truly shocked by this. He was excellent today and is a much better player than Molumby. Just my opinion of course.

Baggiee_Boyy_Benn

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #742 on: November 05, 2023, 02:47:40 AM »
Very good at football this fella, who knew!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #743 on: November 05, 2023, 07:19:00 AM »

I'd always have "a Molumby" in any team of mine but there's no right or wrong way to set up football teams just personal preferences. At the moment CC is preferring Mowatt because of the differing qualities he has to Molumby. Both are very good players.

It's also worth remembering that when everyone else was having time off in the summer, Molumby had no break because he was playing international football. At some point he was going to need his game time managing and Mowatt has come in and performed well enough to keep his place.

Personally I thought Mowatt was excellent yesterday, probably our best player over the ninety minutes.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #744 on: November 29, 2023, 07:10:45 AM »
Alex Mowatt vs Cardiff:

1 Assist
73 Passes ⭐️
91% Pass accuracy
91 Touches
8 Passes into the final 3rd
8 Recoveries
6/8 Duels won
1 Foul drawn

Man of the match for me without a doubt

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #745 on: November 29, 2023, 07:24:35 AM »
He was aggressive into tackles and challenges. A side of his game that seems to have elevated under Corberán.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #746 on: February 14, 2024, 08:28:14 AM »
Last post November 29th, hardly gets a mention , yet one of our most consistent players M-O-M for me last night.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #747 on: February 14, 2024, 08:38:01 AM »
Last post November 29th, hardly gets a mention , yet one of our most consistent players M-O-M for me last night.

Very much so, brilliant alongside Yokuslu once more as they have formed quite the partnership in that midfield.

Would love to see him rediscover his ability to score screamers, though. Feel like it has been a long time since he last rifled one in from the edge of the area, which he was renowned for. So much more to his game now though under CC

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #748 on: February 14, 2024, 09:08:18 AM »
Very much so, brilliant alongside Yokuslu once more as they have formed quite the partnership in that midfield.

Would love to see him rediscover his ability to score screamers, though. Feel like it has been a long time since he last rifled one in from the edge of the area, which he was renowned for. So much more to his game now though under CC

Friday night at a floodlit Hawthorns?

Go on then......  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #749 on: February 14, 2024, 09:21:42 AM »
Has been excellent this season for me. Him and Okay are always available for the ball and can play a bit too which helps.