Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5163734 times)

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #18175 on: November 17, 2017, 08:12:20 PM »
I'd like us to be ambitious when we do replace him. There are a few names I could mention that would take a little convincing but aren't entirely out of reach. I'd rather it be someone that has to be persuaded a little bit rather than jumps at it immediately - says more about their quality!

At this point though? Anyone is an improvement on this numpty. There's more to life than Pulis.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18176 on: November 17, 2017, 08:17:03 PM »
Chris Coleman has left his job with Wales to take over at Championship club Sunderland.

Coleman will succeed Simon Grayson, who was sacked after 18 games in charge.

Former defender Coleman succeeded the late Gary Speed as Wales boss and guided them to an historic appearance at Euro 2016, where they reached the semi-finals.

Disappointment followed as Wales failed to reach the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia.

More to follow.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18177 on: November 17, 2017, 08:46:37 PM »
Fingers crossed Pulis gets approached for the now vacant Wales job!

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #18178 on: November 17, 2017, 08:48:46 PM »
Fingers crossed Pulis gets approached for the now vacant Wales job!
The Wales job pays around 15% of pulis current salary. Complete non starter.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18179 on: November 17, 2017, 08:52:20 PM »
We are not allowed to name replacements but i have got the ideal man to take over, wait until tomorrow about six oclock and i will tell you who it is!
Is this a military coup (by any other name) against Pulis?

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18180 on: November 17, 2017, 09:06:26 PM »
Personally very happy Coleman is off the table.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18181 on: November 17, 2017, 09:08:44 PM »
The Wales job pays around 15% of pulis current salary. Complete non starter.

Oh don't tell us that you party pooper  ;D

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18182 on: November 17, 2017, 09:08:49 PM »
Personally very happy Coleman is off the table.
Pulis may take his chance at the job and give us the Spanish archer. (With a bit of luck).

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18183 on: November 17, 2017, 09:33:30 PM »
No names, just look abroad.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #18184 on: November 17, 2017, 09:39:42 PM »
West Brom boss Tony Pulis believes he is a victim of his own success amid speculation about his future.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42023968

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18185 on: November 17, 2017, 09:40:12 PM »
I'm guessing Williams first call would be to Big Sam. I don't think we'd go for a name abroad whatsoever.
the regime don't like it man

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18186 on: November 17, 2017, 09:47:29 PM »
I'm guessing Williams first call would be to Big Sam. I don't think we'd go for a name abroad whatsoever.

I agree. Williams appointed him at Blackburn and they had a good working relationship until the Venkys came steaming in.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18187 on: November 17, 2017, 10:24:02 PM »
No names, just look abroad.
Just look north of the boarder!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18188 on: November 17, 2017, 10:34:30 PM »
It's clear that the majority of Albion fans are now pushing for a parting of the ways between the club and Tony Pulis.

Just a few comments I'd add to a topic thread that seems to increase by about 30 posts a day.

Having just watched todays press conference, I'd have to say I've yet to listen to his comments and views during the media questions without being impressed with the way he handles himself, his straight talking attitude and the majority of his views, and earlier today he did make some valid points.

Other thoughts, would be that virtually all of the genuine football people in the media (excluding the rent a mouth idiots in the media who seem to solely focus on getting a reaction) appear to be of the view that considering the status of the club and financial resources that Pulis is doing a decent job, so it's clear if we do terminate his contract and it were to go belly up, it's not as if we haven't been warned.

I'm of the opinion that yes, we're probably coming to the end of the line though the next steps to be taken by the club hierarchy are far less straight forward than many make out, and part of me actually respects the Albion Board for not yet caving into pressure from the supporters (though the lack of any real dissent against Pulis at any of the home games, at least so far, may be a factor as well) and to pull the trigger at this stage of the season, when the present manager would probably be top of the list of any club outside of the top 8, to be considered to have the experience, expertise and track record to turn things around, is not without risk.

As for how I'd feel if a decision was made to part company, well part of me would feel relief, on the basis the appointment has divided supporters from the start and it would be wonderful to have a united front for the first time in quite a while, but a small part would be quite concerned about any adverse impact in terms of instability while the reorganisation took place (and I'd acknowledge that our present form is poor which is why he's under pressure in the first place!).

I'm not posting this in support of Pulis, but in support of WBA Fc.

Whatever the outcome I just hope it turns out to be the best one for the Albion.
Good post
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18189 on: November 17, 2017, 11:13:59 PM »
Pulis says we won't find a better manager than him and that before he got here we were fighting relegation to the last days. Obviously this hasn't gone down to well on social media to say the least.  :-X

I understand he wants to defend himself but he's making supporters even more irate. Just concentrate on tomorrow TP.
the regime don't like it man

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18190 on: November 17, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »
Please! Please ! Take the Wales job .

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18191 on: November 17, 2017, 11:54:53 PM »
Please! Please ! Take the Wales job .
Pay him till the end of the season to go to Wales now.  Please.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18192 on: November 17, 2017, 11:57:26 PM »
Pulis says we won't find a better manager than him and that before he got here we were fighting relegation to the last days. Obviously this hasn't gone down to well on social media to say the least.  :-X

I understand he wants to defend himself but he's making supporters even more irate. Just concentrate on tomorrow TP.
Has he taken to recreational smoking while in The Bahamas?? It may sound weird, but his comments are actually refreshing to hear. Makes a change from the usual guff. I’m almost looking forward to his post match interview tomorrow. ☺️
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18193 on: November 18, 2017, 12:04:14 AM »

So not only have the excuses been flying out from all angles the past few weeks, but he's now taken to belittling the club and telling straight up lies.

I'm starting to detest him more with each passing day. It's blatantly obvious that all he cares about is himself and protecting this 'reputation' that he undeservedly has in the media.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18194 on: November 18, 2017, 12:17:14 AM »
I think it is wrong to assume that Williams would automatically appoint another member of the old school British coaching establishment, firstly unlike when he was at Blackburn there are fewer still active and even fewer with even a shred of credibility. Secondly Hammond will have an influence on the appointment I am sure he would broaden the search beyond the very obvious and limited choices we can't name but know are possibly lurking in the background.

He won't take the Wales job unless he is out of work, it pays a fraction of what he earns here and the FAW aren't going to pay up the remainder of his contract, despite their recent success they don't have the financial muscle  to do so
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18195 on: November 18, 2017, 06:07:48 AM »
I have believed for a long time that Pulis was the right manager for our club. For the current talent we have in the playing squad, for the types of players we have and for the budget we run with.

Last year were never flirted with relegation. This year.. we stink.

We can't put it together for 90 minutes and if not for that start over the 1st couple of games, well right now we would be equal points with Palace, who are almost assured of relegation.

We are almost certainly going to be "in the zone" after the Chelsea & Tottenham games unless we can pick up at least 1 and probably 2.

So now it is probably time. It is hard to make a call on TP based on the next 2 games, but unfortunately it isn't so hard based on his last 20.

I don't know who we bring in.. Do we bring in Big Sam, who is a struggler himself or do we try and pick up one of these foreign managers and risk getting a good one against that possibility of another Mel?

Anyway, who we get is the secondary question, the first being.. Will we survive if we keep the one managers who is meant to be more adept than all others at keeping teams up?

Tony I think will be gone even after this weekend if we lost 3-0

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18196 on: November 18, 2017, 06:22:19 AM »
Just look north of the boarder!
Or in Northern Sweden
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #18197 on: November 18, 2017, 06:44:08 AM »
Has he taken to recreational smoking while in The Bahamas?? It may sound weird, but his comments are actually refreshing to hear. Makes a change from the usual guff. I’m almost looking forward to his post match interview tomorrow. ☺️

His post match interview will go a little something like this. He’ll be so proud of the effort the players put in, and how ‘aaadd’ they all worked. He’ll bemoan the missed clear chance we created and highlight that with a little more luck we could have got more from the game. He’ll make clear what a ‘privilege’’ it is to be playing a team like Chelsea at the Hawthorns is and how their resources have allowed them to assemble a team of wonderful players. He will allude to the fact that we do not have the same quality in our team and that injuries have restricted our ability to open teams up. He’ll most likely wrap it up by again trying to sugarcoat everything and ‘put everything into perspective’!
Perhaps it’s easy to put things into perspective. For the last 2/3rds of a season we’ve been the by far the worst team in the league by playing some of the worst football in our clubs history. What a privilege that is hey!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18198 on: November 18, 2017, 07:41:58 AM »
He's a dead man walking.
He knows if he gets the sack after just signing a new contract, he'll get a nice little pay day, and probably walk into a new job straight away.
If the club was bloody minded I suppose they could put him on gardening leave until his contract expires.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18199 on: November 18, 2017, 08:21:10 AM »
He's a dead man walking.
He knows if he gets the sack after just signing a new contract, he'll get a nice little pay day, and probably walk into a new job straight away.
If the club was bloody minded I suppose they could put him on gardening leave until his contract expires.

I would have him on gardening leave so if any club does want him they can pay us for the privilege.