Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 363243 times)

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2017, 10:57:54 AM »
Reckon we might get him summer 2018.  :P

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2017, 12:57:40 PM »
Why are we still after him? Injury prone and pretty average.

Our scouting network seems to be struggling hard.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2017, 01:04:55 PM »
We booted out our European scouts a couple of years ago. Did we ever replace them? It doesn't look so at the moment. Hopefully, Pulis will surprise us all in the next couple of weeks. I won't hold my breath :-X

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2017, 01:10:59 PM »
We booted out our European scouts a couple of years ago. Did we ever replace them? It doesn't look so at the moment. Hopefully, Pulis will surprise us all in the next couple of weeks. I won't hold my breath :-X

We have 6 full time European scouts
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2017, 01:17:32 PM »
I would liken their meetings with TP to Grandpa Simpson entering the burlesque house before seeing Bart in the Simpsons...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=grandpa+simpson+gif&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEvs-r9c7UAhUqJ8AKHSvTDNcQ_AUICigB&biw=1264&bih=875#imgrc=-x4h4Ug-g-gQKM:

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #255 on: June 21, 2017, 01:20:27 PM »
We have 6 full time European scouts

I suspected that we did, but there hasn't been much evidence of the work they are supposed to be doing.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2017, 01:37:38 PM »
I suspected that we did, but there hasn't been much evidence of the work they are supposed to be doing.

How do you expect this evidence? us publicising our targets and information on players :D :D :D

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2017, 02:33:11 PM »
How do you expect this evidence? us publicising our targets and information on players :D :D :D

Signing a player who hasn't spent the vast majority of his career playing in England would be a start

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2017, 02:39:45 PM »
Signing a player who hasn't spent the vast majority of his career playing in England would be a start

You do realise scouts arent just sent out abroad they scout every player we have a interest in this country.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »
You do realise scouts arent just sent out abroad they scout every player we have a interest in this country.

Well yes, but there is little or no evidence of any work being done by our scouts abroad whilst TP is in charge as, Rondon aside, every signing he has made has been a player who has played in this country.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2017, 02:45:57 PM »
If pulis wont sign non british players, what can the scouts do? seriously?

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »
Also id be chuffed with this. With our medical staff i think we could get him going again. If anything else hes a big improvement on HRK and finally gives rondon some competition.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #262 on: June 21, 2017, 02:47:45 PM »
Who is cheap or who is free - the top two criteria for our scouting department

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #263 on: June 21, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »

And do you realise we have signed 16 players on loan or perm deals since Pulis joined and 15 of them have been playing in England when we signed them.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #264 on: June 21, 2017, 02:52:56 PM »
If pulis wont sign non british players, what can the scouts do? seriously?

Absolutely nothing. A wasted resource with TP in charge and his ridiculous attitude to recruitment that is holding us back.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #265 on: June 21, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »
Who is cheap or who is free - the top two criteria for our scouting department

Were never going to splash the cash, might aswell get over it because moaning isnt going to change it. We arent and i doubt we will ever be anything but a club who generates its own money and doesnt spend outside its means.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #266 on: June 21, 2017, 03:23:48 PM »
Were never going to splash the cash, might aswell get over it because moaning isnt going to change it. We arent and i doubt we will ever be anything but a club who generates its own money and doesnt spend outside its means.

Fine with me.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #267 on: June 21, 2017, 03:34:26 PM »
Fine with me.

Absolutely fine with me aswell. We could/should be able to spend around £40m+ this summer with a slight increase to the wage bill without needing to use funds from Lai. That could get us a very good striker plus 2 or 3 decent players to cover midfield and defence. The problem is the market we choose to shop in it's get us Jay Rodriguez + Troy Deeney with just enough left over to sign Marc Wilson and Joe Ledley type players to fill the squad out

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #268 on: June 21, 2017, 04:03:54 PM »
Absolutely fine with me aswell. We could/should be able to spend around £40m+ this summer with a slight increase to the wage bill without needing to use funds from Lai. That could get us a very good striker plus 2 or 3 decent players to cover midfield and defence. The problem is the market we choose to shop in it's get us Jay Rodriguez + Troy Deeney with just enough left over to sign Marc Wilson and Joe Ledley type players to fill the squad out

How do you define cash in 'splash the cash'? Didn't we show more than a passing interest in Benteke and Carvallo? We are occasionally prepared to splash the cash but we generally look to do our shopping in Poundland rather than Harrods

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #269 on: June 21, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »
How do you define cash in 'splash the cash'? Didn't we show more than a passing interest in Benteke and Carvallo? We are occasionally prepared to splash the cash but we generally look to do our shopping in Poundland rather than Harrods

I think we are actually looking to do the majority of our shopping in Harrods rather than Poundland, but can't afford anything of real quality from there so end up with a box of chocolates for £30 when theres a perfectly good box from the shop down the road for £5.99.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #270 on: June 21, 2017, 09:44:47 PM »

i can walk into the porsche and ferrari showrooms tomorrow, doesn't mean I will ever buy one.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #271 on: June 21, 2017, 09:50:25 PM »
Well yes, but there is little or no evidence of any work being done by our scouts abroad whilst TP is in charge as, Rondon aside, every signing he has made has been a player who has played in this country.

Because thats the sort of player he likes "experienced" you cant be critical of the scouts when they are only going and watching the players TP and the club want them to

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #272 on: June 21, 2017, 09:52:44 PM »

Because thats the sort of player he likes "experienced" you cant be critical of the scouts when they are only going and watching the players TP and the club want them to

I don't think anyone is criticising them, how can we, we don't ever get to see the fruits of their labours.

Rather, people are questioning the point of having a resource which the head coach ignores!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #273 on: June 21, 2017, 10:05:27 PM »
I would rather us sign Rodriquez for £12mil than deeney for £35mil.

However I would prefer us to go for Afobe or King from Bournemouth, or have a punt on somebody from outside the uk- but won't happen in a month of Sunday's with pulis in charge.
O Albion we love you

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: June 21, 2017, 10:13:27 PM »

...where am I criticising the scouts?