Author Topic: “Albion 'Artist in Residence' documentary on Channel 4”  (Read 34874 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: “Albion 'Artist in Residence' documentary on Channel 4”
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2018, 06:23:27 AM »
I find the assembly questionable at times especially the subjects they choose to discuss. It was nice to see one or two of the fans giving it to the board that's what they need to do. I'm probably going to get some stick for this but Alan Cleverly made my blood boil with his defense of the players and their lacklustre performances by criticising the fans for booing them in games. Well I'm sorry Alan but if fans aren't being entertained and haven't won at home in months and there's no clear sign of that changing with the management structure at that time then they have every right to express their opinions how they see fit. It got that desperate last season us voicing our opinions in a critical manner felt like the only way to see change.

Nice to see the no show by Pardew, just like his tenure really.
Obviously an under current there, shown when the 3 players were asked if they had enjoyed training.
Great programme and what a guy that Tai is
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:24:52 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2018, 06:28:57 AM »
Nice to see the no show by Pardew, just like his tenure really.
Obviously an under current there, shown when the 3 players were asked if they had enjoyed training.
Great programme and what a guy that Tai is

Im glad someone shares my opinion. The fact that Pardew didn't help out with any of the filming. Anyone decent would of sat down and spoke about the club and how things were etc but he would rather just boast about himself and his inflated ego behind closed doors I guess.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:25:05 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2018, 06:57:53 AM »
it was great to see him get emotional about the Albion after the Spurs result. supporter for life
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Yardley

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2018, 07:37:18 AM »
Made me quite glad we got rid of Foster for a decent price. He looked about ready for the scrap heap with those knees!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2018, 08:03:10 AM »
I agree with Alan Cleverley, anyone who boos after half hour are idiots! Achieves absolutely nothing except for makes it more hostile which anyone with half a brain knows makes it even harder to play.

Back to the programme, I thought it was great.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2018, 08:23:38 AM »
Really well crafted programme, thoroughly enjoyed it and the emotional journey that Tai went on is one we are all familiar with. The players reaction when asked about training (under Pardew) was priceless. Said everything by saying nothing.

I can’t say that it prompted any sympathy for me where Pulis is concerned. Obviously I don’t know the bloke but my instinct these days is that I don’t trust him and I wouldn’t therefore trust how he portrays himself. Having said that Tai seemed to like him.

On Cleverly, again, never met him but I do agree with Lee, booing the players achieves nothing positive. If I were sitting working and people kept criticising me it certainly wouldn’t make me work better so I can’t imagine that it’s any different for the players.

Back to the programme though, I really did enjoy it and despite the unlikely premise it was riveting TV. Well done Channel 4 and well done Albion.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:35:18 AM by Chipperfan »
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »
It was a very good programme. Some of the conclusions drawn by fans are baffling though.

The Assembly was an embarrassment.

Garlick was hopeless.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 08:56:55 AM »
Loved the doc... just wish it was a more positive season.  Would be interesting to see how the documentary would be different during a promotion season.  I thought that there was a missed opportunity around Cyrille's game.  They were there, as there was a short interview before the game in the car park.

<=== Anyhow, THE REDEEMER has provided me with a updated profile picture!

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 09:01:09 AM »
Made me laugh when Garlicky was asked by the assembly when was the last time he enjoyed a game and all he could come back with was the 1st half vs Watford. Not even a full game.  :P

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2018, 09:06:18 AM »
I agree with Alan Cleverley, anyone who boos after half hour are idiots! Achieves absolutely nothing except for makes it more hostile which anyone with half a brain knows makes it even harder to play.

Back to the programme, I thought it was great.

At that point of the season that assembly meeting was held we had won 2 in the opening ten and were looking destined for a relegation scrap playing god awful football with no sign of immediate change that was only further backed by the boards call for support and claims pulis was a good coach who would sort it. People work hard all week and come a weekend they have every right to express their feelings aslong as they aren't crossing the line with such things as racism then it's absolutely fine. They are paid stupid amounts of pounds each week and Pulis was on 2 million a year. For 2 million a year and with all his experience in the game I think he can handle a bit of booing and anti Pulis chanting. At that same stage we were growing tired of two years of Pulis this didn't help matters we were going to games each week as if it was a job. Sorry but sometimes fans need to be vocal about change and when it's needed because when you have a board without a single footballing person they won't know when to make changes as they proved by giving Pulis a new deal when they should of let him go in the summer of 2017.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2018, 09:14:39 AM »
At that point of the season that assembly meeting was held we had won 2 in the opening ten and were looking destined for a relegation scrap playing god awful football with no sign of immediate change that was only further backed by the boards call for support and claims pulis was a good coach who would sort it. People work hard all week and come a weekend they have every right to express their feelings aslong as they aren't crossing the line with such things as racism then it's absolutely fine. They are paid stupid amounts of pounds each week and Pulis was on 2 million a year. For 2 million a year and with all his experience in the game I think he can handle a bit of booing and anti Pulis chanting. At that same stage we were growing tired of two years of Pulis this didn't help matters we were going to games each week as if it was a job. Sorry but sometimes fans need to be vocal about change and when it's needed because when you have a board without a single footballing person they won't know when to make changes as they proved by giving Pulis a new deal when they should of let him go in the summer of 2017.

That's the point. None of it bothered Pulis it only rattled the players. Completely counterproductive. The guys and girl in that assembly meeting sounded like spoiled kids who weren't getting their own way.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »
Made me quite glad we got rid of Foster for a decent price. He looked about ready for the scrap heap with those knees!
.    Agree with your post . Just wondering how he's past a medical ,but what did get my back up was what he said about getting relegated how it would effect the every day staff at the club losing their jobs and they have a duty to them .Well Ben I think you was one of the first to jump ship .Well done Ben !

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2018, 09:25:42 AM »
Ha found myself looking at all these posts and wanting to say to each 'yep, agree with that, well said!'

As many have said, Field, Brunt and Foster told loads without saying much... and Foster looked past it too (my wife's a nurse and watching it commented 'you did good business there getting rid!'). Garlick showed himself in true colours.

Strangely it made me optimistic about this season, I feel like the passion is coming back and hopefully some attacking form too.

A remarkable piece of TV, loved it and really respect Tai. Thanks Channel 4.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »
I knew Foster’s knees were bad but this programme highlighted how bad they really are. Yes, we did well to get what we did for him.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2018, 09:43:48 AM »
I knew Foster’s knees were bad but this programme highlighted how bad they really are. Yes, we did well to get what we did for him.
He passed a medical at a premier league club and signed a 3? Year deal. I’d guess his knees are nowhere near as bad as we think. He certainly played plenty of matches last season.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »
To be fair Diego Luna passed a medical at a premier league club and couldn't run  :o

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2018, 12:43:24 PM »
I thought it was a really interesting to see an outsiders perspective on last season, although I wasn't too keen on them trying to paint Pulis like a victim of circumstance. I thought the name of the Pulis painting, Fear Of Failure, was the most apt name ever.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2018, 12:52:01 PM »
I watched it, but the thing that struck me was how incredibly lucky Channel 4 were to have randomly picked a Premier League Club at the beginning of last season, who subsequently went into meltdown.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2018, 12:57:34 PM »
Just watched it. Very interesting and insightful. Clearly the players weren't a fan of Pardew judging by their lack of answer to how training was going.

Also interesting to see Yacob was in the first interview but his contribution didn't make the cut (and he wasn't he in subsequent interviews).

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2018, 05:00:10 PM »
Anyone know where I could watch this (plus for the rest of us not based the UK)?  ;D
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »
Anyone know where I could watch this (plus for the rest of us not based the UK)?  ;D

Try Channel Four catch up.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-football-club-artist-in-residence/on-demand/66822-001
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2018, 05:16:10 PM »
Fantastic programme that unfortunately sums up how dismal last season really was.

However, I loved Tia's transformation into an emotional wreck after that last minute goal against Spurs.

It also made me realise just how special that last minute goal was. After two dismal years, it brought back my love for going to a game again.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2018, 05:18:11 PM »
I thought it was a really interesting to see an outsiders perspective on last season, although I wasn't too keen on them trying to paint Pulis like a victim of circumstance. I thought the name of the Pulis painting, Fear Of Failure, was the most apt name ever.

I do agree. No pun intended but it really did paint a portrait of Pulis. I still quite like the man, but I hate his brand of 'football'.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2018, 05:19:19 PM »
I watched it, but the thing that struck me was how incredibly lucky Channel 4 were to have randomly picked a Premier League Club at the beginning of last season, who subsequently went into meltdown.

I couldn't get over that. Just seems so bizarre that.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »
Try Channel Four catch up.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-football-club-artist-in-residence/on-demand/66822-001

Only works for those in the U.K. Not sure how anybody outside the uk would go about watching it.
O Albion we love you