Author Topic: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football  (Read 21227 times)

gaggsy18, leeiswba, Fritzl Palace, ABaggie, BalisPen and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football
« on: February 16, 2024, 07:48:07 PM »
Here's the first pics i believe of our new Chairman at the Hawthorns. Borrowed from WBA Report on Twitter

Welcome to the club, please look after us. You have a good chance to do well with us with some care, attention and planning!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 01:21:02 PM by MarkW »

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Re: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkull football
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 10:36:27 PM »
Welcome to our club, Mr. Patel!

We know very little about you but have read some exciting things.

At the start of the 1980s we looked like we were starting to go somewhere significant... hope you can get us back there, sir.

You already look more invested in us. Looking forward to the future! Congratulations.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2024, 03:07:51 AM »
The Patel era has begun not in the way any of us wanted but at least we can look forward to the clubs future in a more positive light.

I am cautiously optimistic but I think today neatly demonstrated the size of the task in hand.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2024, 02:35:02 PM »
Are we going to get better communication from the Club once the Patels have got their feet firmly under the table? I hope so.

I've banged on in the past about how Tom Silk wanted to take us to the very top at the start of the 80s (one of the very few benefits of getting older is knowing this stuff!!) and then tragically not getting that opportunity.

I like what I read about them taking on projects that others want to walk away from and having a grand masterplan for said projects/ ventures. I hope we hear some encouraging stuff soon, for now I'm glad we are moving on and forward....
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 03:15:14 PM »
Are we going to get better communication from the Club once the Patels have got their feet firmly under the table? I hope so.

I've banged on in the past about how Tom Silk wanted to take us to the very top at the start of the 80s (one of the very few benefits of getting older is knowing this stuff!!) and then tragically not getting that opportunity.

I like what I read about them taking on projects that others want to walk away from and having a grand masterplan for said projects/ ventures. I hope we hear some encouraging stuff soon, for now I'm glad we are moving on and forward....
We mustn’t forget what a mess this club is in. The owners have taken on a project with us. For me we need a huge investment in football people off the pitch. Scouting, dealing with contracts, negotiations etc. have been shambolic since Dan Ashworth left. There’s a lot of deadwood at the club. I think the new owners will see that and hopefully drag us into the new century!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2024, 03:35:02 PM »
The positives he already has an angle on how football clubs are run and looking at how well he and his family have done business wise in the states I would say he's no mug.
He's always wanted to own a football club a dream if you like, the Albion are in a mess butI'm hopeful we have the right people in charge.
I'm not expecting a huge cash input more a steadying of the ship and a sound business plan.
Good luck to the Patels and thanks for taking on the hard work you have in front of you.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2024, 10:22:21 PM »
Welcome Mr Patel You have joined a historic club, a club that is well supported in one of the friendliest areas of England you have inherited a mess but please take good care of our club. Make me proud once again of this sleeping giant, I don't want Mbappe or Any fancy signings or even Europe for the time being just back in the Prem where we belong with a decent set of players and Carlos as our gaffer enjoying ourselves. Good Luck and here's to the future
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2024, 09:21:28 AM »
Nice and sensible opening statement from Shilen Patel. I’m glad he didn’t come out with the ‘Champions League’ in 5 years guff.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2024, 10:10:15 AM »
Really looking forward to his vision and plan for our club.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2024, 10:13:58 AM »
I haven't seen any statements BB74 and  can't see anything in the official website or twitter.

Has he spoken publicly now?
Boing Boing

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2024, 12:29:47 PM »

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2024, 06:12:42 PM »
Welcome and good luck to the Patel family.

Please don't let us down.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2024, 07:16:57 PM »
When Lai and co pitched up, I had a feeling it would all go a bit Venkys.

I don't get that feeling from this guy. I think it might be a return to being a steadily-run club, although that may not be in the way a lot of people are thinking.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2024, 09:56:01 PM »
What are a lot of people thinking?

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2024, 10:22:37 PM »
What are a lot of people thinking?
I've got a good feeling about this, just on first impressions he looks like he's got something about him and I think being American they have that desire to win at all costs when it comes to sports so think he'll want to do a good job.

BUT

Proof is in the pudding, lets see how much backing we get next transfer window. Massive rebuild needed with lots of players out of contract so this is his chance to stamp his mark early.

lindenbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 12:49:16 AM »
I've got a good feeling about this, just on first impressions he looks like he's got something about him and I think being American they have that desire to win at all costs when it comes to sports so think he'll want to do a good job.

BUT

Proof is in the pudding, lets see how much backing we get next transfer window. Massive rebuild needed with lots of players out of contract so this is his chance to stamp his mark early.

A lot of work and planning will have already taken place, but I expect we'll hear a lot more when the legal stuff is out of the way.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2024, 07:19:35 AM »
The club need a smart strategy not necessarily big money/wage transfers but the structures that a good club has - Dof, scoutin network,  youth set up with a pathway to the first team and a club culture that is about development would be a start. This club was running well for a number of years, I’m sure we have people who are around still who could help and /or others who’ve done similar jobs at clubs which copied our old model (Brighton, Brentford, Luton).

The best thing I think the club could do is understand what worked for us in the past and other clubs recently and implement a new structure and strategy which isn’t about lashing fees in late 20s players who might not cut it.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2024, 07:57:02 AM »
as long as we are financially safe i will take that for a few years, ongoing if we are run like we were under JP i will take that too. how close was this great club to going into oblivion
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2024, 09:52:06 AM »
Has anyone heard that Lai will be entitled to a bonus fee of £10 million for every year Albion spend in top-flight should they be promoted.   :o
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2024, 10:00:30 AM »
Has anyone heard that Lai will be entitled to a bonus fee of £10 million for every year Albion spend in top-flight should they be promoted.   :o

Yep Lepkowski posted it. In the first 5 years of ownership i think.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2024, 10:35:41 AM »
Based on Friday night I’m not sure he’ll be getting a bonus anytime soon! 😀

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2024, 10:44:45 AM »

As Gazberg said, Lepkowski quoted it.

If it's conditional on being promoted this season, then it makes some sense, but after this season, all of the effort will have come from the new owners, just can't see them agreeing to that.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2024, 11:17:36 AM »
Not so much in the grand scheme of things if we do get back up.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2024, 11:36:59 AM »
Not so much in the grand scheme of things if we do get back up.

I hope Bilkull use the same payment terms that Lai has used in relation to loans from WBA
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2024, 11:44:49 AM »
The terms quoted by Lepkowski article are £10m a year for each year we are in the Premier League in the next 5 years. I would be amazed if we spend 3 of the next 5 seasons in the Premier League.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.