Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718306 times)

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #825 on: March 22, 2019, 10:31:35 AM »
This has been the final straw for me with this owner. He hasnt got a clue about running a football club, in truth it amazes me he has managed to run any kind of business but the reality is whilst he is here this club will continue to lerch from one ridiculous incident to the next. There is no new manager it will be Shan who will be hung out to dry next having been asked to do a job he is not equipped for, with tools that arent good enough and one hand tied behind his back exactly the same as big Dave was.

Until Lai goes nothing will change the man and the team around him are incompetent.

I've got to agree.

Darren Moore is just too much of a nice guy to be a football manager. But what Albion have done is just unforgivable. We are still in the thick of a promotion race and what the Albion management have done is take our manager away with 10 games to go and have refused to bring another one in.What other club would do that. In fact I can't recall another club doing it ever.  No doubt someone will prove me wrong.

If they had no intention of bringing a new guy in they should have stuck with Darren Moore until the end of the season.  Shan is doing a good job but he's no football manager.

If we fail to get promotion the blame should be aimed 100% at the management of the club. 

My interpretation of how it works is that   Lai owns the club but the running of the club is down to Jenkins and the board and that is where the problem lies. If Jenkins and the board had said to Lai keep Moore until the end of the season he would still be there.

I think all this will blow any chance of being promoted.

It just reminds me of the brexit fiasco. But one day , the next elections, we will get these MPs out who have caused this brexit mess but I don't know how we get the West Brom board out.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #826 on: March 22, 2019, 11:39:47 AM »
This has been the final straw for me with this owner. He hasnt got a clue about running a football club, in truth it amazes me he has managed to run any kind of business but the reality is whilst he is here this club will continue to lerch from one ridiculous incident to the next. There is no new manager it will be Shan who will be hung out to dry next having been asked to do a job he is not equipped for, with tools that arent good enough and one hand tied behind his back exactly the same as big Dave was.

Until Lai goes nothing will change the man and the team around him are incompetent.
You gotta blame Mr Peace for this mess. He always said he would only sell to someone who would take the club forward.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #827 on: March 22, 2019, 01:50:18 PM »
I’ve come to the conclusion, Lai is not very good at all things football.

Amongst other things, he over pays for a football club.

Then HEbuys a footballer, whose talents are questionable and doesn’t appear to have played much football and he then cuts his losses and sells. I always thought this was a misjudged move on his part, a gamble that didn’t pay off for him.

I wonder what other of his footballing assets might be next up for the auctioneers hammer?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #828 on: March 22, 2019, 05:11:59 PM »
Have I missed some kind of official announcement on the next manager from the club? Have they stated that JS will remain in charge until the end of the season? If not, surely they are still looking to make an appointment?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #829 on: March 22, 2019, 05:24:09 PM »
Lai needs to sell up. As an owner he is useless, clearly knows very little about football and his non attendance, no communication doesn't exactly show commitment to the cause. Since he became owner I challenge anyone to name any positive impact he's had.

The day he sells up will not be a day too soon.

Manc Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #830 on: March 22, 2019, 05:25:03 PM »
In summary, the search for the new manager is being 'lead' by a board that collectively couldn't find their own arses with both hands.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #831 on: March 22, 2019, 06:08:33 PM »
Lai needs to sell up. As an owner he is useless, clearly knows very little about football and his non attendance, no communication doesn't exactly show commitment to the cause. Since he became owner I challenge anyone to name any positive impact he's had.

We got a free beer the first game he was in charge  ;D

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #832 on: March 22, 2019, 06:26:46 PM »

...compared to Peace, who ran a very tight ship.
The ship is now running without a rudder.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #833 on: March 22, 2019, 07:59:43 PM »
I've got to agree.

Darren Moore is just too much of a nice guy to be a football manager. But what Albion have done is just unforgivable. We are still in the thick of a promotion race and what the Albion management have done is take our manager away with 10 games to go and have refused to bring another one in.What other club would do that. In fact I can't recall another club doing it ever.  No doubt someone will prove me wrong.

If they had no intention of bringing a new guy in they should have stuck with Darren Moore until the end of the season.  Shan is doing a good job but he's no football manager.

If we fail to get promotion the blame should be aimed 100% at the management of the club. 

My interpretation of how it works is that   Lai owns the club but the running of the club is down to Jenkins and the board and that is where the problem lies. If Jenkins and the board had said to Lai keep Moore until the end of the season he would still be there.

I think all this will blow any chance of being promoted.

It just reminds me of the brexit fiasco. But one day , the next elections, we will get these MPs out who have caused this brexit mess but I don't know how we get the West Brom board out.

All of this. Esp the bold bits.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #834 on: March 23, 2019, 10:43:11 AM »
...compared to Peace, who ran a very tight ship.
The ship is now running without a rudder.

A good assessment, under Peace we knew what we would be getting every window,...nothing to shout about, but now we sack a manager with no replacement on the horizon.
It wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't one of the most important seasons in our history. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns.

For all my dislike of JP, i doubt very much if he would have given the job this season to a novice. His priority would have been top two.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #835 on: March 23, 2019, 11:42:20 AM »
You gotta blame Mr Peace for this mess. He always said he would only sell to someone who would take the club forward.

I thought Peace did a fantastic job. However, how he sold the club has soured his reputation and legacy somewhat for me. It was never about finding the right buyer, it was about getting the right price.

As for Lai, there are ways to make money in football. Buying a mid table premiership team isn't it.

If the Wolves owners have any sense, they will cash out on Wolves at £200m in a couple of years, make healthy profits, disappear and leave the drama with someone else foolish enough.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #836 on: March 23, 2019, 11:51:08 AM »
Personally i think Lai is more interested in promoting the game in China, by using our name than he is of showing any interest in our club itself.
When he bought us we were the only club in the premiership with Chinese owners. Our stock has fallen in China, we should have been the most well known club in that country given the 78 tour.
Now Wolves are the top team in the midlands and in China.
Galling if the rumours are true that Peace turned down Fosun 12 months before selling us to Lai.

Peace was always only in it for himself.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #837 on: March 23, 2019, 02:04:56 PM »
We were the only midlands club in the premier league. We had Pulis as manager. Massive opportunity missed through selection of manager. We wouldn’t be in the state we are in if it weren’t for Pulis.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #838 on: March 23, 2019, 02:15:24 PM »
We were the only midlands club in the premier league. We had Pulis as manager. Massive opportunity missed through selection of manager. We wouldn’t be in the state we are in if it weren’t for Pulis.
Bit one sided mate , we had to have Pulis because JP took a risk on Irvine.
Pulis played his part but should have gone at the end of his last full season with a thanks and a hand shake.
Now , back on topic.. :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 02:56:11 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #839 on: March 23, 2019, 03:38:47 PM »
Does anyone know where this rumour/story about peace rejecting fosun is from, any link etc.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #840 on: March 23, 2019, 05:41:29 PM »
TP out of contract in June ;)
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2019, 09:48:01 PM »
Does anyone know where this rumour/story about peace rejecting fosun is from, any link etc.

I'd cry BS on that one....   

more likely to have been Doctor Tony he rejected..
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

superkev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #842 on: March 24, 2019, 09:46:28 AM »
It WAS Dr Tony
"

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #843 on: March 24, 2019, 12:40:12 PM »
200 million pound
Think about that.....

How many of us will ever have access to that,how many will have that much disposable so we can buy a football team?
I love my club,I genuinely believe we have one of the best and funniest sets of fans...I used to believe that we also had a good general understanding of where we were,who we are and where we came from...
It’s not exclusive to us,but how easy is it to call someone a tight backside for not shelling out 15mill on a player (plus wages over a 5 year contract),sometimes it’s all to easy to sit and tell the owner what he should/shouldn’t be doing with his money because we contributed £339 in 2015 and purchased two bobbly hats
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #844 on: March 24, 2019, 01:32:13 PM »
200 million pound
Think about that.....

How many of us will ever have access to that,how many will have that much disposable so we can buy a football team?
I love my club,I genuinely believe we have one of the best and funniest sets of fans...I used to believe that we also had a good general understanding of where we were,who we are and where we came from...
It’s not exclusive to us,but how easy is it to call someone a tight backside for not shelling out 15mill on a player (plus wages over a 5 year contract),sometimes it’s all to easy to sit and tell the owner what he should/shouldn’t be doing with his money because we contributed £339 in 2015 and purchased two bobbly hats

and a replica shirt  8)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #845 on: March 24, 2019, 05:18:46 PM »
Lampard apparently restless at Derby, their cost cutting even worse than ours.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #846 on: March 24, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »
Lampard apparently restless at Derby, their cost cutting even worse than ours.

Derby, Vile and Sheffield Weds are the next on the FFP hitlist. No wonder they're taking precautions.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #847 on: March 25, 2019, 09:06:54 AM »
I was thinking about the cake and a**e party that was going on down at our club over the weekend. Has there been any sort of official statement from the club in respect of the managerial position?
MAGA!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #848 on: March 25, 2019, 09:21:49 AM »
WHAT A WAY TO RUN THIS CLUB!!!!!
www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/25/james-shan-can-stake-claim-to-see-out-season-at-west-brom

If we beat Blues on Friday, is it because Jimmy Shan is a very good manager ? or is it because the Brunt / Morrison show is back on the road ?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 09:24:45 AM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #849 on: March 25, 2019, 09:40:47 AM »
"while academy manager Mxxx Hxxxxxxxx mucks in on match days".

Its things like this which get under my skin, forget the name its irrelevant, just how professional is this ?  Does Mr Lai allow the teaboy to join in Palm Holdings board meetings ?
Does the Palm canteen manager have a seat reserved for to contribute her musings on fiscal policy ?

For gods sake WBA FC Ltd sort it out PLEASE!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!