Author Topic: Matty Phillips  (Read 409145 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Matty Phillips
« Reply #325 on: August 08, 2015, 01:09:58 PM »
I can't fault Mr Peace in this window. He is at last showing ambition. I think he know's he has to back Pulis all the way or risk losing him and getting a backlash from the fans.

It could turn out that the takeover failure was a blessing in disguise.

Its in his best interests to back him as much as he possibly can to try and ensure we are in this league when that new tv deal kicks in next year, more chance of him getting his own big pay day by selling the club that way.

Not convinced by any Phillips rumours on twitter though, unless its leaked by someone else ala Steve Bruce with Chester all of our business is being done on the quiet.

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #326 on: August 08, 2015, 01:23:05 PM »
I can't fault Mr Peace in this window. He is at last showing ambition. I think he know's he has to back Pulis all the way or risk losing him and getting a backlash from the fans.

It could turn out that the takeover failure was a blessing in disguise.

It's a great shame that people are still taking cheap shots at JP. He has never lacked ambition for the club. Had he done so then we would not be in the PL. The last couple of transfer windows did not work out well for us. He admitted to having taken his eye off the ball and took decisive action in getting rid of those responsible ...Burton and Co. For Pete's sake give the JP bashing a rest, many if not most of us happen to think he's done a superb job and will be sad to see him go.

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #328 on: August 08, 2015, 01:44:43 PM »
Not a cheap shot at JP,just an honest opinion and a compliment from me for his efforts this window.

Back to topic, i would be surprised if we sign Phillips now we have Gnabry, i think we will go for signings that will strengthen other weakened areas of the squad.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #329 on: August 08, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »
He's starting for QPR today.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #330 on: August 08, 2015, 02:04:24 PM »
Phillips starting today for QPR, so clearly no agreement on fee.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #331 on: August 08, 2015, 04:13:31 PM »
58 million pound tax bill. QPR will need to sell players sooner rather than later!

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #332 on: August 08, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »
Sorry its a 60 million pound financial fair play fine

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #333 on: August 08, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »
If they really needed to sell why woyld they play him and risk him getting injured? Is Austin playing too?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #334 on: August 08, 2015, 04:48:01 PM »
If they really needed to sell why woyld they play him and risk him getting injured? Is Austin playing too?

Might be playing but QPR still getting stuffed away again😂

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2015, 05:01:31 PM »
Might be playing but QPR still getting stuffed away again😂
they will pay us ten million to take him :P

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #336 on: August 08, 2015, 06:22:37 PM »
Sorry its a 60 million pound financial fair play fine
I thought this had been suspended due to them appealing the fine?

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #337 on: August 08, 2015, 06:52:11 PM »
I thought this had been suspended due to them appealing the fine?

Won't be anything close to £60m.  I'm very ITK on this and know it won't be even close. A shame really and makes a mockery of the principles behind FFP.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #338 on: August 08, 2015, 07:23:55 PM »
They are still £80 million in debt. They need to bring money in before the deadline

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #339 on: August 08, 2015, 08:12:52 PM »
More pressure on them to sell after today's game?

Phillips 'pooh', 'not interested', 'not trying', 'can go for half price after this sh*t' a few comments from QPR fans.

Will QPR now rethink about a valuation on an unhappy player, and rather get money so they can get players that are more committed before the window closes?

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #340 on: August 08, 2015, 09:26:31 PM »
More pressure on them to sell after today's game?

Phillips 'rubbish', 'not interested', 'not trying', 'can go for half price after this sh*t' a few comments from QPR fans.

Will QPR now rethink about a valuation on an unhappy player, and rather get money so they can get players that are more committed before the window closes?

That's all Philips can do to force a move without handing in a request I guess, other than refusing to train (a'la Koumas). Whether it'll force QPRs hand is another matter, although they must have known this kind of action was likely.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #341 on: August 08, 2015, 09:51:17 PM »
That's all Philips can do to force a move without handing in a request I guess, other than refusing to train (a'la Koumas). Whether it'll force QPRs hand is another matter, although they must have known this kind of action was likely.

It's a very unprofessional thing to do. Do we really want to sign someone like that?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2015, 09:57:00 PM »
I've seen a few posts on other topics saying we might be back in for Phillips as well as having Ganabry for the season, anyone seen or heard anything or is it just pure speculation as far as the public is aware??

I am sure Pulis is still after another wide man. Was reported numerous times we was interested in signing both Antonio & Phillips. I think we will still sign one more even after signing Gnabry.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2015, 09:57:16 PM »
It's a very unprofessional thing to do. Do we really want to sign someone like that?
He played the full game. Maybe he was an easy target to direct the frustrations at. Not sure it's wise to judge by brief snatches of QPR fan comments.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2015, 10:22:38 PM »

Does it to them, he could do it to us!

spyro

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2015, 10:39:55 PM »
why would we want phillips when we have mcmanaman and gnarby

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #346 on: August 08, 2015, 10:41:05 PM »
I agree it raises a big question mark IF he was tanking his performance to force a move. I tend to doubt he went out there with the mindset of playing a terrible game but if he did I would not sign him even at half the asking price!!

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #347 on: August 08, 2015, 10:51:35 PM »

I agree completely! I've not seen the QPR game, I'm merely going on the comment above mine. If it is seen that way, it might have the opposite effect as TP won't like that one bit!

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #348 on: August 08, 2015, 11:57:25 PM »
Some reports that QPR have dropped Austin asking price by 2m. Wonder if Phillips will be next?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/charlie-austin-transfer-newcastle-tottenham-6219549?

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #349 on: August 09, 2015, 12:02:45 AM »
Won't be anything close to £60m.  I'm very ITK on this and know it won't be even close. A shame really and makes a mockery of the principles behind FFP.

Indeed. FFP will disappear in the next few years.