Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 245498 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #725 on: January 28, 2020, 10:16:26 PM »
Should be dropped immediately. His return has coincided with our collapse. None of our centre backs have covered themselves in glory over the last month but we haven't looked near competent since Ajayi and Bartley played together. Since that was broken up it's all turned to dust.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #726 on: January 28, 2020, 10:18:17 PM »
hree of the back 4 have to be Ajayi, Furlong and Bartley (based on form this season). LB is an issue with Gibbs injury issues.

Correct. Ferguson should play as stand in left back and then compete with Furlong when Gibbs is back.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #727 on: January 28, 2020, 10:19:07 PM »
Correct. Ferguson should play as stand in left back and then compete with Furlong when Gibbs is back.

Personally I’d play Brunt at left back before Ferguson
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #728 on: January 28, 2020, 10:21:01 PM »
while i like Hegazi, three of the back 4 have to be Ajayi, Furlong and Bartley (based on form this season). LB is an issue with Gibbs injury issues.
I agree some stability is required at the back.

Bartley has just cost us another game. Selection should be based on current form. Not form over the season. This is Bilić problem, he's not dropping out of form players and we now haven't won for 6 weeks.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #729 on: January 28, 2020, 10:22:23 PM »
Personally I’d play Brunt at left back before Ferguson

Ajayi, Bartley and Furlong plus whoever at left back would be big improvement on tonight and the last few weeks.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #730 on: January 28, 2020, 10:23:45 PM »
We've lost four league games this season wait a minute Hegazi started three of them and the one he didn't we were unlucky to lose says it all really

Does Hegazi really want to be here ?  Nice to get him out of the door if a decent offer came in and we could hold onto Ferguson.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #731 on: January 28, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »
We've lost four league games this season wait a minute Hegazi started three of them and the one he didn't we were unlucky to lose says it all really
And whilst I don’t think he has been as terrible has some have said....sometimes you just need to restart the jigsaw
I’d have Johnstone, hegazi both out of the team on Saturday
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #732 on: January 28, 2020, 10:31:28 PM »

I think I can, because I don't have any. The players I say are poor are always found to be poor in retrospect over a career. Very rarely have I misjudged an Albion player when their time with us has come to an end.

Hegazi is our best centre back, from that starting point it's unfathomable that anyone could single him out for criticism every time he plays.
Beg to differ on the first point but on to the second you may well be right on Hegazi being the better of the three but I think Bartley and Ajayi are a better pairing .
The way Bilic sets up just makes Hegazi look a slow sitting duck especially at home .
Won't be popular with some but at this point you start to question Bilic , he's had long enough to know how to set his back 4 up . If its Hegazi you don't leave him stranded because he's never had great pace , play him in a deeper side like at West Ham and he's more than capable.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:33:20 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #733 on: January 28, 2020, 10:40:04 PM »
 Funny how we turn to cr*p after his training ground bust up.
BOING BOING

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #734 on: January 28, 2020, 10:50:54 PM »
Funny how we turn to rubbish after his training ground bust up.

We were flying until Hegazi returned from injury. Ajayi, Bartley, Furlong and Ferguson or O'Shea against Luton and then we go from there.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #735 on: February 23, 2020, 11:20:45 AM »
Does anyone know categorically who AH had the bust up with?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #736 on: February 23, 2020, 04:55:26 PM »
It could of been a disagreement with anyone tbh.

Slav praising hegazis work ethic on the training pitch after the game yesterday

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #737 on: February 25, 2020, 09:47:10 PM »
Watching the game tonight I wonder if anyone has told Ahmed that Pulis has gone and he can play it on the ground. He's always looking for the long punt 🙄

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #738 on: February 25, 2020, 10:01:05 PM »
Watching the game tonight I wonder if anyone has told Ahmed that Pulis has gone and he can play it on the ground. He's always looking for the long punt 🙄
As long as he clears the ball and keeps it out, I don't care how he does it.
A few selected passes occasionally though, just to keep the opposition guessing.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #739 on: February 25, 2020, 10:10:04 PM »

A pleasant change then from Bartley either giving it away or playing other players into trouble.

Hegazi superb again tonight.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

P Anderson

• Site Donator
  • Junior Baggie

« Reply #740 on: February 25, 2020, 10:11:00 PM »
I’ve been a critic of his possession of the ball but I think he is getting better, and used to the way Bilic expects him and the team to play. A few more games a couple more clean sheets, we will all (hopefully) be raving how good he is.
Submariners go deeper

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #741 on: February 25, 2020, 10:13:28 PM »
He looked good today. He wasn’t faultless and he did give it away a few times but so does every footballer, it’s just that some get a harder time than others.

Fact is he was poor earlier in the season after he took a gamble and delayed the op and didn’t deserve his place. He’s done enough in the last two games to finally show some form so the shirt is his in my view.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #742 on: February 25, 2020, 10:15:26 PM »
Early mistake but seemed to settle down afterwards. Done enough to justify being picked next game.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #743 on: February 25, 2020, 10:23:10 PM »
Early mistake but seemed to settle down afterwards. Done enough to justify being picked next game.

Agree with this. I have reservations with his languid style, lack of pace, concentration and passing but he looked committed tonight and another clean sheet so I’d keep the same back four at the weekend. Hopefully the knowledge that he could be dropped at any time will keep him focussed.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #744 on: February 25, 2020, 10:39:31 PM »
He wasn't at his best tonight, but him and Ajayi are fantastic together. This is the defensive pairing who will see us to the top flight.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #745 on: February 25, 2020, 11:16:53 PM »
He’s a proper centre back. Looks fitter and sharper now. Does sometimes look awkward when in possession of the ball but is a solid defender. Unlike some I feel Bartley was unlucky to be dropped. Based on last 2 games however the shirt is now Hegazis to lose.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #746 on: February 25, 2020, 11:22:49 PM »
I do not understand how anybody, anywhere thinks Bartley is better than Hegazi.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #747 on: February 25, 2020, 11:57:10 PM »

I think without Sawyers we deliberately had a more direct approach tonight. To be fair to Hegazi, although he sometimes appears cumbersome on the ball, he is a decent passer from the back.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #748 on: February 26, 2020, 06:46:26 AM »
I do not understand how anybody, anywhere thinks Bartley is better than Hegazi.

I do on this seasons form.
Hegazi has dropped lucky in so much that Bartley had a couple of indifferent games and was rightly taken out of the team, and the two games Hegazi has come in he has played against a team with virtually no attacking threat.
1 shot on target from BC and not one on target last night.
Don't get me wrong, I hope whoever comes in does well, but so far over this season Bartley has been better than Hegazi for me.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #749 on: February 26, 2020, 08:15:00 AM »
Hegazi always makes me nervous and so does Bartley.

if we do get promoted, we desperately need a premier league centre half as IMO the only one good enough is Ajayi.