Author Topic: Can we get a season ticket refund?  (Read 56316 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Can we get a season ticket refund?
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »
I haven't seen anyone in favour of Irvine.  Apart from those of us vehemently against his appointment, the others seem to be prepared to wait to see how he does before judging him (which I can understand as its not Irvine's fault). 

From my estimate, I reckon the two groups are more like 90/10 split rather than 80/20 split.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2014, 09:04:41 AM »
Anyone yet made that call to the ticket office?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2014, 09:06:15 AM »
Are there any statisticians amongst us? I suspect that 200 respondents is large enough to be statistically significant for mor general extrapolations to be drawn.

Have you sensed as many as 20% of people posting here as being in favour of Irvine's appointment? Whilst some people are trying to put a positive spin on it, I don't actually recall seeing anyone post saying that they're in favour of it.

The problem is people are more likely to post if they are unhappy about something, you would need to factor this in, also if people are prepared to wait and see how it goes before they express an opinion should be treated as in favour, this i assume would be the opinion of the silent majority.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2014, 09:09:07 AM »
Anyone yet made that call to the ticket office?

Yes i have just spoke to them.Apparently they will view your case differently.She told me to write to Mark Jenkins but its unlikely a refund will be offered
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:10:43 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »
He may have all the qualifications in the world but if he cant do the job then those qualifications mean absolutely nothing.
Would you sooner go to war with a leader straight out of Sandhurst with a certificate for hitting the bullseye on a target or a bloke whose done 3 tours of duty in Helman Providence unscathed?
His management record is at the best unispiring, he's never managed on his own at this level and the fact that he hasn't managed for 3 years says a lot.
He says he was offered the job before RDM since then we've had 4 managers, and he's never been put forward as candidate before any of those got the job.
I'm still in deep shock.

Not being pedantic as I feel its very relevant but you mentioned manager/management 4 times there, fact is he will not be the manager, he will be the 'head coach', he will have a lot of support around him (Burton etc..) & for that reason I will give the bloke a chance to see what he can do, he might fail, something, many seem to be hoping for, so they can sit back & tell us all 'I told you so', he might turn out to be the perfect match for the system we have at the Albion, who knows? time will tell, to be honest Irvine wouldn't of made my top 20 candidates for the job but I not going to slaughter the man before he's had the chance to turn the lights on in his office.   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »
Not being pedantic as I feel its very relevant but you mentioned manager/management 4 times there, fact is he will not be the manager, he will be the 'head coach', he will have a lot of support around him (Burton etc..) & for that reason I will give the bloke a chance to see what he can do, he might fail, something, many seem to be hoping for, so they can sit back & tell us all 'I told you so', he might turn out to be the perfect match for the system we have at the Albion, who knows? time will tell, to be honest Irvine wouldn't of made my top 20 candidates for the job but I not going to slaughter the man before he's had the chance to turn the lights on in his office.

I reckon I could have listed 50 candidates and Irvine would not have appeared in it.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2014, 09:24:29 AM »
I reckon I could have listed 50 candidates and Irvine would not have appeared in it.

Ok BB, name that tune!  :D
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2014, 09:37:43 AM »
WBA are refusing to give refunds their helpful suggestion is to write or email Mark Jenkins..... I guess they just want a riot for game of the season...... and to cap my bad mood I get am email from them selling last seasons DVD !!!
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2014, 09:41:22 AM »
Does anyone know Mark Jenkins email address please

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2014, 09:43:54 AM »
The Birmingham Mail have got a reporter and photographer at the ground today if anyone wants to speak to them regarding season ticket refunds.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

daveyboy

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2014, 09:58:50 AM »
I asked to speak to Jenkins and was told he's not on site today. That's appropriate!!

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2014, 10:06:55 AM »
Lloydy beat me to it:

Birmingham Mail reporter will be at Hawthorns today - anybody wanting to get their voice heard, with/without banners, or to highlight season ticket refund, make sure you seek them out. 
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2014, 10:08:14 AM »
WM phone in should be interesting tonight  :D
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2014, 10:08:25 AM »
Any of you folk going up on Saturday?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #114 on: June 16, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »
WM phone in should be interesting tonight  :D

Oh yes forgot about that.Franksie did say any appointment they will bring back the phone in

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »
Chris Lepkowski - "#wba fans seeking a ST refund are being asked to put their reasons in writing to club. Each case will be dealt with on individual basis"
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: June 16, 2014, 10:41:44 AM »
Chris Lepkowski - "#wba fans seeking a ST refund are being asked to put their reasons in writing to club. Each case will be dealt with on individual basis"
Meaning each case will be politely "fobbed off" by the club and each case will be referred to the terms and conditions. I'll be amazed if the club makes any refunds short of terminal illness of death or change of personal circumstances.
He's a lad from the Wrenna

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #117 on: June 16, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »
Meaning each case will be politely "fobbed off" by the club and each case will be referred to the terms and conditions. I'll be amazed if the club makes any refunds short of terminal illness of death or change of personal circumstances.

I think because of our post code we would have a case

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2014, 10:44:09 AM »
I asked to speak to Jenkins and was told he's not on site today. That's appropriate!!

Press officer on Holiday aswell

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2014, 10:47:20 AM »
season ticket holder Brian on WM just been a season ticket for 70 years, not going anymore

albionicus

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2014, 11:28:42 AM »
This is Jeremy Peace's internal e mail address:  jeremy.peace@wbafc.co.uk

Please copy and pass on to as many as possible.

With regards to season ticket refunds the  best route (imo) would be to find a legal practice who would act on behalf of all season ticket holders requiring a refund to launch a collective action against the club. Under UK and EU consumer law there must be routes that a lawyer could exploit to force the club's hand ( such as distance selling and for telephone and internet sales).

Anyway the threat of a collective action from hundreds of disgruntled fans and the resultant publicity could make things happen.

Is there anyone out there who could at least put together a template refund letter that has a legal argument basis to it that we can all use?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
This is Jeremy Peace's internal e mail address:  jeremy.peace@wbafc.co.uk

Please copy and pass on to as many as possible.

With regards to season ticket refunds the  best route (imo) would be to find a legal practice who would act on behalf of all season ticket holders requiring a refund to launch a collective action against the club. Under UK and EU consumer law there must be routes that a lawyer could exploit to force the club's hand ( such as distance selling and for telephone and internet sales).

Anyway the threat of a collective action from hundreds of disgruntled fans and the resultant publicity could make things happen.

Is there anyone out there who could at least put together a template refund letter that has a legal argument basis to it that we can all use?

Good post.Do we have any legals in our ranks

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2014, 11:36:32 AM »
I imagine it would be a no go. The t&c's will be water tight, this is JP after all.

The only possibility is distance selling rules but this is probably wouldn't work.

You could of course take it through the small claims court but given that this is a season ticket it's debatable wether it's classed as a product or a service as there would be different rules for both in regards to refunds etc.

The other option to look at would be for those who purchased on credit cards. There is always some kind of protection there as well but again not sure if it is possible.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
It was inevitable it would be a fight to get a refund. I have personal circumstances changing (we've recently put a deposit down on a house, last year of uni and costs/time will make it impractical) and i've forwarded an email to tickets/enquiries email addresses.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2014, 11:44:31 AM »
Serious question, do any of you really think that you have a cat in hell's chance of getting your money back?

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE