Author Topic: Charlie Austin loaned to QPR  (Read 161981 times)

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Charlie Austin
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2019, 02:11:56 PM »
As the saying goes “beggars can’t be choosers”!! I think if he stays fit and and determined he should get us a good 16-20 goals especially if he’s taking penalties. We’re so desperate for recent proven goal scorers I can see why some are disappointed and feel underwhelmed seeing that he’s only scored 9 goals in two seasons. Regular playing time a drop in division with good service it could turn out to be a good addition. Am glad it’s only a year long loan deal though!
Would be thrilled to see us sign another striker in the next couple hours!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »
Sky Sources:

CHARLIE AUSTIN passes medical and agrees a deal to join West Brom from Southampton.

Fee believed to be around £4 million.

2 year deal with a one year option.

#SaintsFC #wba
Had expected a higher fee, but nevertheless pleased we've got another, or even one,  recognised goalscoring striker.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2019, 02:19:36 PM »
if he stays fit

Thats the big issue. Good goalscorer, just need him up to speed and firing.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »
Had expected a higher fee, but nevertheless pleased we've got another, or even one,  recognised goalscoring striker.

I didn't expect there to be a fee at all, and can only think the £4m was wanted by Southampton to pay him off. Would have much preferred a loan though.

They were desperate to get him out so I hope we haven't paid him stupid wages and a fee.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »
being reported in several outlets that he has now signed.
Gera, Gera, Gera

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
CHARLIE AUSTIN passes medical and agrees a deal to join West Brom from Southampton.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »
If he stays fit for most of the season I reckon he will be one of our top players and make a big difference. He's a proven finisher, just what we need.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »

Talksport reporting he's taken a massive wage reduction to come to us, but that doesn't mean he was paid off by the Saints.

I hope he bangs them in for us. Welcome and good luck.

Shame Nketiah is going to Leeds.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2019, 02:26:21 PM »
Potentially a good signing if he stays fit. We will have plenty of capable players to provide the ammunition for him

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2019, 02:30:22 PM »
Would have preferred Gayle but we desperately needed a goalscorer up front and Austin definitely fits the bill. Very happy with this one. He's a great finisher so you'd expect him to do well with the creative players we have around him.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2019, 02:31:50 PM »
Really pleased with this one. Good fee and contract length. Think he's an upgrade on Rodriguez too personally.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2019, 02:33:11 PM »
Let's not jump the gun, signing hasn't been completed yet. Until it's official he's not ours, no matter how close.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2019, 02:34:42 PM »
Not sure what to make.   Whenever we sign a Lambert/ Kanu/ Andelka/ Hartson there is always a feeling of “fox in a hen house”- a great striker dropping down a division and playing against poorer defenders should be able to walk in the goals.  In practice, I can only think of SKP as a “once great” striker who stepped down to us and did brilliantly...

I'd argue that out of that list only Hartson played with us below the Prem and wasn't that bad. The other 3 all signed and played for us in the prem so hardly dropped down a division to play against poorer defenders..

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 02:44:48 PM by KYA »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2019, 02:58:43 PM »
Sam Wallace, chief football writer for telegraph and very well respected in media has reported the deal has now been completed. Would imagine we will see a confirmation tweet from club in next 30 mins.

Hope the rumours of a poor attitude are incorrect, as on the face of it he could do well here.
Boing Boing

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2019, 03:01:23 PM »
Interesting to read it was a loan deal he turned down with us earlier in the Summer, wanted a bit of security, cant blame him!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2019, 03:13:27 PM »
Sam Wallace, chief football writer for telegraph and very well respected in media has reported the deal has now been completed. Would imagine we will see a confirmation tweet from club in next 30 mins.

Hope the rumours of a poor attitude are incorrect, as on the face of it he could do well here.

I remember him really losing his pooh over a goal being disallowed - don't mind that!!!

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2019, 03:19:25 PM »
Announced at 3:16. Wrestling geeks will be laughing their pubes off.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2019, 03:20:32 PM »
£4 million fee, 2 year deal. And the greatest announcement time ever.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2019, 03:22:16 PM »
Cant wait for Saturday - although he hasn't really played pre season so may take a couple of weeks to get going

Welcome to the Baggies

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2019, 03:22:24 PM »
Great signing. Get in. Now we're looking like the business. Perreira next please then if I die today I die happy lol.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2019, 03:22:57 PM »
Genius. And a great signing. Improvement on the outgoing J-Rod.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2019, 03:23:52 PM »
Never been a great fan, always thought he fancied himself a bit too much, but if he wants to let everyone know he's still around by knocking them in in the champ for us, I'll be happy with that, he could be a real bully in this league.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2019, 03:25:22 PM »
Very pleased about this. Good goalscoring pedigree and a bit of a ruthless streak about him. From the photo, seems to have gone grey rather rapidly. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure