Author Topic: Albions Next Manager  (Read 30353 times)

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Albions Next Manager
« on: February 06, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
Regardless if its this season or next, who do you want Albion's next manager to be??

I am saying Alan Curbishley.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Albions Next Manager
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:48:37 AM »
If Blooze don't come back up then I am saying let's try Hughton.

Why Alan Curbishley? He has been out the game a long time now and if he was as decent as some make out then he would have been snapped up by now.

mulumbuman

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:53:06 AM »
Honestly...If we had to have a new one, and I had to choose it would be Warnock for me!

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 09:54:20 AM »
I have always liked Curbishley, so its a personal thing for me. Hughton is a good shout.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 09:56:32 AM »
Never in a million years with Curbishley, he has been out the game to long

My choice would be Holloway but there are too many on here not in favour.Like some say he is like Marmite.At least if we played badly in a half he would kick their ass.Mr Motivator and his football is easy on the eye

If Roy takes us down i would go for someone like Tisdale at Exeter City and start over again but if we do manage to stay up we need experience not a lower league manager.Much to early for Di Canio, hes waiting for guess who anyway
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:00:04 AM by Jack Russell »
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 10:07:31 AM »
If Hodgson can improve the results in coming match,I think extend his contract is a good option.But if we continue our poor performance,I suggest that Chris Hughton will be a suitable successor.
The PRIDE of midlands

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »
My choice would be Holloway but there are too many on here not in favour.Like some say he is like Marmite.At least if we played badly in a half he would kick their ass.Mr Motivator and his football is easy on the eye

I would love to see Holloway here. He's just a great character.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 10:12:03 AM »
Lol :P. Di Canio and JP . Gus Poyet , Holloway, and if we go down don't shoot me I would get Warnock just because he has experience of getting teams out of the Championship
BOING BOING

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »
I would love to see Holloway here. He's just a great character.

The bloke motivates me thats for sure, tells it how it is.Brilliant to listen too and gets respect from all his players, just ask SKP

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 10:16:38 AM »
If Hodgson can improve the results in coming match,I think extend his contract is a good option.But if we continue our poor performance,I suggest that Chris Hughton will be a suitable successor.

No chance i want him gone by the end of the season.With due respect Koren its not pleasing on the eye and he will never change his footballing philosophies, its OK for half a season but we at West Bromwich Albion are educated with a particular type of football

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 10:19:50 AM »
Hi Simon ;)
Ian Holloway for me too
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

AuxerreAlbion

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
Hollaway encourages attractive, attacking football and always gets the best out of strikers.
However, he appears to be barking mad and has an opinion on everything, which would never work with the chairman.  Apparently Mourinho wants to come back to England and he could bring the cheating ponce Ronaldo with him, that might solve our goalscoring problems at home, LOL.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »
If Blooze don't come back up then I am saying let's try Hughton.

Why Alan Curbishley? He has been out the game a long time now and if he was as decent as some make out then he would have been snapped up by now.

Curbishley has not managed for just over 3 years, whereas Dalgleesh was 'out of football management' for 10 years! its like riding a bike, you don't forget how to do it just because you haven't done it in a while, & Curbishley is 6 years younger.

He obviously doesn't have to sell the Big Issue, so maybe the right job hasn't come along, I think, should we part with RH in the summer (very likely), Curbishley would be a perfect replacement moving forward.

Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 10:49:09 AM »
What ? Curblishely style of play is like Roys . Roberto Martinez is the ideal replacement if Wigan go down and we stay up . Or give a up and coming manager a go like Gus Poyet or Chris Hughton or get someone who has a good  pedigree Sven Goran Erickson.
BOING BOING

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 10:57:21 AM »
What ? Curblishely style of play is like Roys . Roberto Martinez is the ideal replacement if Wigan go down and we stay up . Or give a up and coming manager a go like Gus Poyet or Chris Hughton or get someone who has a good  pedigree Sven Goran Erickson.

Roberto Martinez? Seriously? The only thing going for him is that he gets his team playing good football. His record at Wigan is awful. I imagine Ashworth already has a long list of potential successors to Roy as this is how we operate.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 10:59:35 AM »
Bit of a disrespectful topic to be honest.

No matter what peoples feelings are on Roy he is still here.

Curbishley, Holloway, Bruce, Cotterill - I fear for us if any of those get anywhere near an interview let alone the actual job.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »
If we stay up and Wigan go down then I`d go for Roberto Martinez,
bring in Derek McInnes if Albion go down.
I dont want Hodgson here next season with his negative football.
Bryan Robson lost us our away supporters and Hodgson is doing the same now with the home support.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 11:03:53 AM »
Why is it disrespectful??  ???

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 11:05:34 AM »
Well has Hodgson been sacked ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 11:10:55 AM »
I personally think it's disrespectful too after the job he did last season and the fact that we haven't been in the bottom 3 all season and are still currently 6 points clear. I believe he also has the best record in the PL of our managers to date. The football isn't great but he is still doing a decent job IMO.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
Why is it disrespectful??  ???

Because Hodgson is still in a job and despite the wrist slashing we have a decent points tally that is on stream to keep us up.

I only go for the beer.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2012, 11:19:19 AM »
I didnt mean to come across as disrespectful, its just a question i have been thinking about. I was intrested to hear people's thoughts. Feel free to delete topic if people thinks its disrespectful.

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
The simple answer is there is nobody who would come to us who would do a better job than Roy.

The 4 names on here are mainly Mcinnes, Holloway, Martinez and Curbishley.

Mcinnes- why? Just because he played for us, i doubt many people know what his football and man management skills are like.

Holloway- he is another manager who tried to attack the premiership and ended up going down, and I don't think he will get Blackpool promoted this season.

martinez-doing a dreadful job at Wigan.

Curbishley- he wouldnt come to us
Baggie Terra

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2012, 11:29:42 AM »
Because Hodgson is still in a job and despite the wrist slashing we have a decent points tally that is on stream to keep us up.

Wasn't you if i remember correctly disrespecting RDM last year whilst he was still in a job with us ;)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2012, 11:33:30 AM »
I don't think it's disrespectful. I think it's just looking to the future, seeing how Roy hasn't come out and said what he plans to do yet. He could be going for the England job, we just don't know. I think it's good to consider options.

Can't stand Warnock or Holloway.

For me, I'd be happy with Zola, Phil Brown, Hughton and Keegan (haha). Keegan just for amusement value, such as the "I'd love it if we beat them! Love it!" quote.