Author Topic: Harvey Barnes (recalled to Leicester)  (Read 163209 times)

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

Re: Harvey Barnes (on loan from Leicester)
« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »
Can't see Blackburn letting him go either

Money talks but I'm not sure we can talk loud enough.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2018, 12:48:36 PM »
Money talks but I'm not sure we can talk loud enough.

We have missed our chance, his form and stats will mean that we are priced out of it now, a struggling prem side will be in for him in Jan.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2018, 08:19:22 PM »
By doing that,that is how we could end up like Sunderland and other prem has beens.skint and languishing in an even lower division
We paid more than £10 million for Chadli and Barnes has proved his worth more than Chadli ever did,if Leicester said £10 million loan fee or we recall,we should spend the money,at least we know what we are getting you can spend double that amount and get rubbish,if Barnes is recalled it will seriously damage our promotion chances and premiership big money,it really doesn't matter though as our chairman is as wise as you and would never pay that loan fee anyway

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2018, 10:43:21 PM »
10m loan fee, for 6 months! absolutely barking mad!!
The sturridge deal was idiotic but this is a level more daft IMO!
Albion Family !!!

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2018, 10:28:51 AM »
According to Laurie Whitewell, Midlands Correspondent for the Mail, on Twitter, Leicester plan to let us have Barnes until the end of the season.

Quotes from Claude Puel: "It is not normal priority to come back in the middle of the season. It would be better for him to continue this way at West Brom."

Some good news it seems from a disappointing weekend.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #330 on: November 12, 2018, 09:07:11 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/november/barnes-withdrawn-from-england-u21-squad/

Barnes withdrawn from England U21 squad

HARVEY Barnes has withdrawn from England Under-21 duty after suffering a foot injury.
Harvey, who was due to feature in games against Italy and Denmark, will return to Albion for assessment.

The injury is not thought to be serious and Albion are hopeful he will be available for selection when they return to Sky Bet Championship action at Ipswich on Friday, November 23.

So when did this happen?

If you watch the replay of HRK's goal celebration, Barnes seems to hobble as he runs in.

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #331 on: November 12, 2018, 10:43:47 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/november/barnes-withdrawn-from-england-u21-squad/

Barnes withdrawn from England U21 squad

HARVEY Barnes has withdrawn from England Under-21 duty after suffering a foot injury.
Harvey, who was due to feature in games against Italy and Denmark, will return to Albion for assessment.

The injury is not thought to be serious and Albion are hopeful he will be available for selection when they return to Sky Bet Championship action at Ipswich on Friday, November 23.

So when did this happen?

If you watch the replay of HRK's goal celebration, Barnes seems to hobble as he runs in.
He certainly made some strong runs after that but sometimes knocks are more painful afterwards or in the days after the game.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: November 23, 2018, 10:17:00 PM »
Another fine performance tonight, even though he wasn't even at his best.
God help us if Leicester recall him in January.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #333 on: November 23, 2018, 10:57:02 PM »
He was never really involved in the game but still managed to produce a telling moment.

Teams are going to target him. It helps when we have Phillips full of confidence as it gives us another powerful running option.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #334 on: November 24, 2018, 09:38:45 AM »
Wasn't at his best by any means yesterday but he showed why you don't take him off unless he's injured he has that level of ability where he can change a game at any moment. What a talent he is.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #335 on: November 24, 2018, 01:20:56 PM »
Not a good performance but scored one and hit the post so clearly a potent force, I did think he was a bit too predictable last night, the one time he popped up somewhere different he scored.
Albion Family !!!

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #336 on: November 24, 2018, 03:39:30 PM »
is it barking mad,who we going to get for 10 million to replace Barnes if he is recalled Sturridge was idiotic he was not even fit to play,where as Barnes could be the sole factor as wether we get promoted or not,he is the sole game changer we have,we have the Chadli money this is how we should spend it

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #337 on: November 24, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »
Yes it’s barking mad, you cannot compare a £10m 6 month loan to a transfer.
Albion Family !!!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #338 on: November 29, 2018, 10:38:41 AM »
Anyone else think he might need a break from starting every game now?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #339 on: November 29, 2018, 11:01:02 AM »

I would assume that Leicester are still paying his wages.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #340 on: November 29, 2018, 11:08:18 AM »
The change of system doesn't really suit him and his touch has partially deserted him last 2 games. Hopefully just a natural blip that all young players go through.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #341 on: November 29, 2018, 11:20:42 AM »
The change of system doesn't really suit him and his touch has partially deserted him last 2 games. Hopefully just a natural blip that all young players go through.

I think it suits him better. He was becoming ineffective towards the end of that three at the back run then change of system he's scored two and hit the post twice. Much more threatening without being involved in the game as much as we'd like him to be.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #342 on: November 29, 2018, 12:11:52 PM »

I think it suits him better. He was becoming ineffective towards the end of that three at the back run then change of system he's scored two and hit the post twice. Much more threatening without being involved in the game as much as we'd like him to be.

Disagree completely similarly I disagree with your assessment of Gayle and Rodriguez in this system. However would be dull if we all agreed...

Regards Barnes he's well out of the game hugging the left touchline, seemingly won't drop back or in to receive the ball and due to the lack of involvement loses concentration then is either trying to do too much or giving the ball away.

A threat even when having a stinker but he's far better suited to a central free role.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #343 on: November 30, 2018, 01:37:16 PM »
He has been really poor last 2 games yet still has the ability to change a game in a split second.
His decision making will improve with age and he is less involved out wide but I do feel he needs better movement and intelligence to get more involved by sometimes dropping deeper or moving in centrally on occasions rather than stood waiting for his turn and then trying too much.
But again I don't know what he is being asked to do by our coach who concentrates on when we have the ball.
I'm not overly convinced by Jones so far. Big Dave has changed the defensive system and made us a little more solid, time for Jones to take that on board and work out other options going forward

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #344 on: November 30, 2018, 02:33:21 PM »

No way! He's that rare type of player who can change a game in a split second. I say make the most of him while we still can!

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #345 on: November 30, 2018, 03:25:38 PM »
Thought he had a bit of a shocker against Ipswich, touch had gone, running down blind alleys, poor decision making...then he goes and does what very few people at this level can do with a shoulder drop, his quickness of feet and shot into the corner.   If he is still here in the new year and starts to look a bit jaded I might consider giving him some bench time and playing Gayle central with JRod and HRK wide (or Sakho if he is ever fit). As we hit the winter we may need to start rotating a few players anyway as they come in and out of form to stop burn out and niggling injuries.     

Don't think the new formation suits him as much - 3-5-2 is just made for his ability to run with the ball into space at pace and finish but its part of the footballing education he is here to get to adapt.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #346 on: November 30, 2018, 03:34:46 PM »
He has been really poor last 2 games yet still has the ability to change a game in a split second.
His decision making will improve with age and he is less involved out wide but I do feel he needs better movement and intelligence to get more involved by sometimes dropping deeper or moving in centrally on occasions rather than stood waiting for his turn and then trying too much.
But again I don't know what he is being asked to do by our coach who concentrates on when we have the ball.
I'm not overly convinced by Jones so far. Big Dave has changed the defensive system and made us a little more solid, time for Jones to take that on board and work out other options going forward

Agreed, i too thought he was poor in both the recent away games, with his touch being shocking.

I think he maybe a bit of a luxury in away games, but he's hit the woodwork 7 times i think so he can do something brilliant out of nowhere.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #347 on: November 30, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »
It probably would freshen him up but for all we know he could be going back to Leicester in 5 weeks time so we may as well use him.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #348 on: December 14, 2018, 10:57:20 PM »
From the after game chat it seems some expect perfection from him. He has 8 goals and 6 assists (which may be 8 after tonight, not sure)...that's without taking the corners so his decision making can't be that bad. Some of his assists like for Gayle's goal against Villa and one of Phillips goals, have been unselfish and very classy. Harry Wilson currently has 7 goals and 1 assist by the way.
Barnes is closely marked every game as every team knows he's a danger man. He's not going to get everything right but he'll be badly missed when he leaves whether that's January or May.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2018, 12:14:54 AM »
All I want for christmas is a Harvey Barnes loan extension.
Boing Boing