Author Topic: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football  (Read 20948 times)

tegga, baggiebof, iwastherein68, throstle, Fritzl Palace, Standaman and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkull football
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2024, 07:10:07 PM »
As Gazberg said, Lepkowski quoted it.

If it's conditional on being promoted this season, then it makes some sense, but after this season, all of the effort will have come from the new owners, just can't see them agreeing to that.

Personally I’d have capped it at 3 years (on the basis that no players have more than 3 years left on their contracts).   5 years seems generous but frankly I don’t care if Lai is quids in as a result as we’ll have done very well and the bonus will be payable by Billkul as deferred share consideration, not by the club.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2024, 07:21:05 PM »
That would be payable by the Patel family not the club though.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2024, 01:23:06 PM »
Wonder when we can expect it to be officially confirmed and we hear a first interview with Mr Patel

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2024, 02:51:39 PM »
It's been said exchange and completion this week.

There's no rush, there is little that can be done to impact on this season on the pitch. 

I'm sure Mr Patel will have plans for the infrastructure.   I really hope we can once and for all sort the Halfords Lane stand which badly let's the stadium down.  It would be good to have all of the stands at the same height but this will obviously cost a fair bit to achieve.

This is simply amazing news for the Albion.  Had he not seen the deal through it was looking pretty hopeless and I think we are very fortunate he's willing to take us on.  We now have certainty and our wonderful club is secure. 

If we don't get up this season, with so many out of contract and the uncertainty over the likes of Dike,  I would see next season as probably one of transition from the old to new regime with some rebuilding of the squad being needed, including bringing through more from the academy.  If not this season therefore, 2025/26 may be a more realistic timeframe for a promotion push. 

It's probably the right time to let Mowatt, Bartley, Phillips go?  Reach, Kelly, Pieters and the four loan players will obviously go. 

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2024, 03:35:56 PM »
It's been said exchange and completion this week.

There's no rush, there is little that can be done to impact on this season on the pitch. 

I'm sure Mr Patel will have plans for the infrastructure.   I really hope we can once and for all sort the Halfords Lane stand which badly let's the stadium down.  It would be good to have all of the stands at the same height but this will obviously cost a fair bit to achieve.

This is simply amazing news for the Albion.  Had he not seen the deal through it was looking pretty hopeless and I think we are very fortunate he's willing to take us on.  We now have certainty and our wonderful club is secure. 

If we don't get up this season, with so many out of contract and the uncertainty over the likes of Dike,  I would see next season as probably one of transition from the old to new regime with some rebuilding of the squad being needed, including bringing through more from the academy.  If not this season therefore, 2025/26 may be a more realistic timeframe for a promotion push. 

It's probably the right time to let Mowatt, Bartley, Phillips go?  Reach, Kelly, Pieters and the four loan players will obviously go.

Isn't the issue with that the person who owns the company directly opposite the stand refusing to sell? As far as I am aware the club own all the other land that would be needed for the road to be rerouted around it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2024, 04:12:01 PM »
Hey WBA, let Mowett go? Hes been one of our best players still relatively young we must keep him what are you thinking fella?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2024, 09:47:40 PM »
Hopefully Patel go a decent stream of tonight's performance !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2024, 09:51:36 PM »
Isn't the issue with that the person who owns the company directly opposite the stand refusing to sell? As far as I am aware the club own all the other land that would be needed for the road to be rerouted around it.

Someone told me that the bloke is a dingle and will sell to us, but only at a ridiculous price which was balked at.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2024, 09:55:01 PM »
Someone told me that the bloke is a dingle and will sell to us, but only at a ridiculous price which was balked at.

Ok, Move to the side, build a great ground and let his money dwindle away under his mattress.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2024, 12:07:31 AM »
Property owner adjacent to prospective development site offers to sell at ridiculous price shock.  Pretty much par for the course in the property world. Everybody has their price. 

That aside, I don't suppose ground expansion will be the club's priority for a while yet. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2024, 02:34:40 AM »

Surprising to hear he's a dingle, because when you walk past his property some of his cranes are yellow (normal) whilst others are green (not normal).

Looks to me that it's been done in tribute to iconic our yellow and green away strip.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2024, 02:46:58 AM »
Are we talking about what used to be Vibroplant? If so the choice to sell the land wouldn't be made from there, it's a nation wide company with depots everywhere.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2024, 09:06:51 AM »
Surprising to hear he's a dingle, because when you walk past his property some of his cranes are yellow (normal) whilst others are green (not normal).

Looks to me that it's been done in tribute to iconic our yellow and green away strip.

It's just what I heard around 10-15 years ago.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2024, 09:32:08 AM »
Are we talking about what used to be Vibroplant? If so the choice to sell the land wouldn't be made from there, it's a nation wide company with depots everywhere.

Did a bit of digging online earlier. Interestingly the owner Jeremy Pilkington (now 73) was looking to sell the plant hire depot side of the business two years ago only for a deal to fall through which cost the company somewhere in the region of £1.8M in fees. No idea whether he'd still be interested in selling the one depot which would be of particular interest to us mind.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 12:53:02 PM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2024, 12:48:54 PM »
The plan under JP was not to reroute the road but instead leave the road there and build the new stand over the top of it.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2024, 01:02:40 PM »
The plan under JP was not to reroute the road but instead leave the road there and build the new stand over the top of it.

correct. i have the design drawings for this in my locker at work

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2024, 01:04:05 PM »

I seem to recall reading this too a long time ago

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2024, 01:43:15 PM »
correct. i have the design drawings for this in my locker at work

Jeremy, you will have to move all that £200m out of the way and dust them off, Mr Patel will be willing to pay handsomely for them.

By "my locker at work",   I assume you mean the locker in the changing room for your 100m olympic pool at you Jersey Mansion ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2024, 03:21:43 PM »
Jeremy, you will have to move all that £200m out of the way and dust them off, Mr Patel will be willing to pay handsomely for them.

By "my locker at work",   I assume you mean the locker in the changing room for your 100m olympic pool at you Jersey Mansion ?

did i say locker, i meant safe in my underground bunker courtesy of the money received from Mr Lai!

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2024, 04:32:00 PM »
I think it might be a tad soon to consider stand development, but just shows how our hopes have changed in just a few days.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2024, 10:08:30 AM »
1 week on after the announcement hope we hear something confirmed soon

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2024, 10:32:52 AM »
Unless I'm very much mistaken the original announcement was released a week ago tomorrow.

Patience Grasshopper  8) .

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2024, 11:06:12 AM »
Unless I'm very much mistaken the original announcement was released a week ago tomorrow.

Patience Grasshopper  8) .

Thursday evening....I'm not splitting hairs though  ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2024, 11:54:49 AM »
Thursday evening....I'm not splitting hairs though  ;D

You are indeed correct Sir, embarrassingly so.

I'm off to admonish myself.

The shame of it all, it's just too much.......  ;D .

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2024, 02:01:59 PM »
If £10m bonus payments is what we needed to accept to get rid of this turnip then it's a no brainer when it's only conditional on us hitting the jackpot anyway