Author Topic: Action For Albion/ Potential Takeover  (Read 154128 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Action For Albion/ Potential Takeover
« Reply #1250 on: February 16, 2024, 07:44:53 PM »
Pictures of the new owner at the ground. Good to see it.

Can we make a new thread for the new owners specifically?

You have the means, go for it  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1251 on: February 16, 2024, 07:45:14 PM »
You have the means, go for it  :D

Thanks Phil, just wanted to make sure!

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1252 on: February 17, 2024, 11:02:24 AM »
Well someone said to me in My early days on here (has it really been Six Years) that this Club would make me cry and be proud. And I have to say listening to the football phone in last night, I was, I've told a lot people that people forget Albion were in the prem for 8 years because of our current yoyo club status, no one wants us there anymore. But no one knew of our financial troubles and the fact we could go out of bussiness. I sit here and watch MOTD and fall out of love with the game I am so passionate about apart from Luton. But as was mentioned Ally/A4A have conducted the protests really well, we weren't United postponing games or Reading abandoning games or United again turning up late and booing when we loose, because we realise there ay anything Carlos or the lads could do. Our job is to support them and try get what we all are overjoyed with at this current moment that didn't likely Promotion or at least the Play Offs.

I have to say the way we conducted the protests was class and A4A have brought attention to our issued not only to other Albion fans, but local fans, national media and some other clubs in a mess. I think it was a Villa Fan who first praised us and then a Walsall fan for what A4A had done and wished us well, other Albion fans had also been praising them to.

Whilst we didn't win last night I am not angry or upset or sad like usual. I have an enormous sense of Pride and feel proud at what Ally and A4A have done and we now have optimism where even if we don't get the play off's or we loose we can actually look forward to the next season under our new owners.

A quick question when Patel takes over next week will A4A have communication with him and find out his plans. I really want to know if he is going to keep Carlos a man who I and I am sure most of us feel deserves to be at the front of our new regime.

So overall I would just like to say thank you to Ally and all at A4A as I can now finally feel proud at this Club and our fans and can finally look forward to the future UTA COYB
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1253 on: February 17, 2024, 11:19:12 AM »
Well someone said to me in My early days on here (has it really been Six Years) that this Club would make me cry and be proud. And I have to say listening to the football phone in last night, I was, I've told a lot people that people forget Albion were in the prem for 8 years because of our current yoyo club status, no one wants us there anymore. But no one knew of our financial troubles and the fact we could go out of bussiness. I sit here and watch MOTD and fall out of love with the game I am so passionate about apart from Luton. But as was mentioned Ally/A4A have conducted the protests really well, we weren't United postponing games or Reading abandoning games or United again turning up late and booing when we loose, because we realise there ay anything Carlos or the lads could do. Our job is to support them and try get what we all are overjoyed with at this current moment that didn't likely Promotion or at least the Play Offs.

I have to say the way we conducted the protests was class and A4A have brought attention to our issued not only to other Albion fans, but local fans, national media and some other clubs in a mess. I think it was a Villa Fan who first praised us and then a Walsall fan for what A4A had done and wished us well, other Albion fans had also been praising them to.

Whilst we didn't win last night I am not angry or upset or sad like usual. I have an enormous sense of Pride and feel proud at what Ally and A4A have done and we now have optimism where even if we don't get the play off's or we loose we can actually look forward to the next season under our new owners.

A quick question when Patel takes over next week will A4A have communication with him and find out his plans. I really want to know if he is going to keep Carlos a man who I and I am sure most of us feel deserves to be at the front of our new regime.

So overall I would just like to say thank you to Ally and all at A4A as I can now finally feel proud at this Club and our fans and can finally look forward to the future UTA COYB
well said mate

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1254 on: February 17, 2024, 12:09:59 PM »
Yes, great post, whole heartedly agree
Baggie in Southampton

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1255 on: February 17, 2024, 12:55:31 PM »
Williams chose to give TP a new contract despite it being fairly clear by performances on the pitch in April/May of his final full season showing that he had lost the players.

I believe at that time I was arguing with Jacko about my desire to replace Pulis with Marco Silva, now an established Premier League manager  ;D

To be fair to old posters that can't reply. At the time I agreed with Jacko that Silva wasn't what we needed, mainly as he had no record of keeping sides up in a relegation battle..remember Hull City.
I did want Pulis gone though (can't remember if Jacko did or not).

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1256 on: February 17, 2024, 10:20:13 PM »

Thanks for these kind words mate. We’ve had indication that there is a possibility we meet with Mr Patel, obviously it’s early days and there are more pressing matters to deal with.

We are looking at morphing into an independent supporters trust, but the first thing I think we all need (especially me 🤣) is a rest.

Thanks to everyone for their support, much appreciated.

Cheers

Ali

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1257 on: February 18, 2024, 02:01:10 PM »

Thanks for these kind words mate. We’ve had indication that there is a possibility we meet with Mr Patel, obviously it’s early days and there are more pressing matters to deal with.

We are looking at morphing into an independent supporters trust, but the first thing I think we all need (especially me 🤣) is a rest.

Thanks to everyone for their support, much appreciated.

Cheers

Ali
No Probably mate yeah get some rest

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1258 on: February 20, 2024, 12:12:17 PM »
Sat down with Pete & Chris from Albion Analysis. Worth a listen to have a glimpse to what the new dawn will look like.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/46UPA6pT4mZQRiVEI1CtZo?si=0wplm5ccQSuAn41H79UrLA

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/albion-analysis/id1607582850?i=1000645926756

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1259 on: February 23, 2024, 08:31:25 AM »
Are we expecting the official confirmation of the completion of the takeover today ?

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1260 on: February 23, 2024, 10:28:53 AM »
Sat down with Pete & Chris from Albion Analysis. Worth a listen to have a glimpse to what the new dawn will look like.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/46UPA6pT4mZQRiVEI1CtZo?si=0wplm5ccQSuAn41H79UrLA

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/albion-analysis/id1607582850?i=1000645926756

Excellent and informative listen

bigcyrille

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1261 on: February 23, 2024, 05:53:20 PM »
Are we expecting the official confirmation of the completion of the takeover today ?

Delayed until next week per offical site.

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1262 on: March 11, 2024, 12:49:19 PM »
12 months ago today we all came together for the love of our football club. Make no mistake, we all played a part in getting us to where we are today. As I’ve said repeatedly, we might have disagreed on the route, but we all wanted the same destination. Thanks to everyone for their incredible support. Always remember clubs belongs to its fans 💙🤍

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1263 on: March 12, 2024, 01:26:21 PM »
Question the other week whilst watching Darlo play I obviously mentioned our take over and how I felt, I also mentioned how I hated the fact the Mayor Andy Street said he helped and took credit in assisting our take over to which the bloke I was chatting to said he may have. (On his post people said he did nothing) I said surely it would be publisied especially as the election for the mayor is soon. He could use it to target football fans like Andy Burnham backing Man United redeveloping Old Trafford. I was adamant that Mr Street did not help and that the only people involved were A4A, The local MP who was with A4A at Westminster asking about the Football Guidelines paper and the council for protecting the ground. Could anyone confirm if Andy Street did help at all or as far as I'm aware he didn't do anything

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1264 on: March 12, 2024, 02:10:17 PM »
Having hosted Andy Street in my company's office many times recently.
He does say a lot, no idea if he was involved or not however.

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1265 on: March 12, 2024, 11:49:38 PM »
Question the other week whilst watching Darlo play I obviously mentioned our take over and how I felt, I also mentioned how I hated the fact the Mayor Andy Street said he helped and took credit in assisting our take over to which the bloke I was chatting to said he may have. (On his post people said he did nothing) I said surely it would be publisied especially as the election for the mayor is soon. He could use it to target football fans like Andy Burnham backing Man United redeveloping Old Trafford. I was adamant that Mr Street did not help and that the only people involved were A4A, The local MP who was with A4A at Westminster asking about the Football Guidelines paper and the council for protecting the ground. Could anyone confirm if Andy Street did help at all or as far as I'm aware he didn't do anything

I can confirm that Andy Street was absolutely involved in assisting in getting us in front of stakeholders that could make a difference. We were always in regular contact with his office, and was always open and helpful to us when contacted. That’s the truth

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1266 on: March 13, 2024, 09:00:15 AM »
I can confirm that Andy Street was absolutely involved in assisting in getting us in front of stakeholders that could make a difference. We were always in regular contact with his office, and was always open and helpful to us when contacted. That’s the truth

Thats good to hear, a politicians networking capability can be very useful, (even if the politician maybe not so useful :-) )
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1267 on: March 13, 2024, 10:06:09 AM »
In that case fair play and I'm surprised it wasn't publised much at all if anywhere. What I think of the man shall not be said but at least he helped save our club so my respect has gone up slightly for him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1268 on: March 13, 2024, 10:41:16 AM »
In that case fair play and I'm surprised it wasn't publised much at all if anywhere. What I think of the man shall not be said but at least he helped save our club so my respect has gone up slightly for him

I was bored enough earlier to have actually done this. If you type 'Andy Street WBA' into an Internet search browser of your choice it will take you to a series of results. One of those results is an article in Birmingham Live dated October 26th 2023.

Just below a headline about our former owners it clearly states the following: 'West Brom's board are trying to accelerate the takeover process and Mayor Andy Street says he is in talks with different parties.......' .

I didn’t click on the link as I didn't want my eyes ruined by a blur of adverts and I couldn't be bothered linking and formatting the article in full. You don’t have to take my word for it but I can assure you that it's there if you want to have a look.

I've no idea whatsoever how many other articles there are linking Andy Street to a WBA takeover because I couldn't be bothered to look for any more articles either.

PS. Cheers to Ali, A4A and S4A. It was a pleasure to both march and stand with you even though I drew a line at shining a light during daylight hours as I felt it lost some of it's effect when it wasn't dark  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1269 on: March 13, 2024, 12:20:56 PM »
I live by Andy Street and I see him in the Tesco express in the mailbox sometimes.

A typical Tory politician who will jump on any bandwagon if it gets him votes.

As a previous ceo of John Lewis, he convinced us that he was going to keep the jobs of the massive grand central store.

I remember the articles where he "was in talks" making it sound like he had a little black book of football club buyers.

But, I he then jumped on the crooked house bandwagon after getting Patel for us (in his dreams anyway).

When I have seen him out and about I have never had the need to thank him for anything that has made things better, and his "role" in our takeover has not changed that.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1270 on: March 13, 2024, 03:55:57 PM »
So basically you let your political views obscure any work that a local politician does to help save our club
Like me y probably did nothing about it, so why decry someone who did try to help
Sometimes political views just get in the way

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1271 on: March 13, 2024, 04:08:36 PM »
Can we keep this on the takeover and keep the politics out of it please, we don't do politics on Westbrom.com

SedgleyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1272 on: March 13, 2024, 06:52:52 PM »

Because it wouldn’t have helped the cause at the time. We were meeting with EFL to discuss many issues, Andy’s office facilitated that. I had absolutely no interest at the time in politicising anything, and made that clear, but he still helped. Only telling you as it happened.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1273 on: March 13, 2024, 08:40:26 PM »
Wasnt there an hour long interview with the chairman tonight?
Gera, Gera, Gera

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1274 on: March 13, 2024, 08:44:35 PM »
Wasnt there an hour long interview with the chairman tonight?

There's some stuff on the local papers today with him where he spoke to the local journos and it says the full interview was on tonight at 7pm on Radio WM