Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Matty Phillips
« Last post by gazberg on Today at 06:35:48 PM »
That has nothing to do with him being selected.

Whats the reason then?
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Matty Phillips
« Last post by KN22 on Today at 06:29:19 PM »

Phillips is over 30, Fellows is not sadly

That has nothing to do with him being selected.
Last Match Forum - 27/04 Sheffield Wednesday (A) / Re: After Match Debate
« Last post by KN22 on Today at 06:28:24 PM »
Got what we deserved from the game today, nothing. Was surprised he dropped Mowatt but wouldn’t say he got all selections wrong. Why not start with a striker? Let’s see…. BTA, not nearly good enough. Weimann, not a centre forward and never has been. Maja, not ready to start, even by his own admission.
Played a hungrier and more energetic team. The crippling lack of cash for signings over last two years coming home to roost.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Carlos Corberan
« Last post by KN22 on Today at 06:21:09 PM »
Yes, very true. Only Kipre and Diangana are close to Premier League standard.

Palmer, Bartley, Townsend, Johnstone etc are all rubbish. Do you agree?

I don’t like calling them rubbish but they are not premier league standard. Kipre, yes and Yokuslu on his day but not much else. And that is why I am loathe to blame the manager.
Wow we have some seriously fickle fans, it's embarrassing.
« Last post by KYA on Today at 06:14:25 PM »
Let's totally disregard that he has spent nowt and had players like NC foisted upon him, then tried to get rid of him but even the mighty Israeli football scene didn't want this former England international now supposed to be in his prime (age wise).

Then because he has so little faith in him and realises his brilliant mf general cannot last a 50 game season he resorts to look for scraps on the freebie market and hopes YM is the same player who he had when he was 2 years younger.

He's cup runneth over and he definitely should be blamed for this very predictable collapse.

That made me smile
« Last post by timdon on Today at 06:11:07 PM »
Maybe he's rotating the squad so that some of our best players are refreshed and ready for the play offs (or Preston if required). That would be intelligent and good management in my eyes.
« Last post by BalisPen on Today at 06:08:30 PM »
I have had reservations about CC for some time and not convinced to be honest. My biggest gripe is he won't utilise younnger players other than Fellows who even he gets dropped frequently. Then there is this lethargic build-up play approach that opposition teams can generally counter easily.

Today, he started with six players aged 30+, the youngest player being MJ at 25. He generally uses a squad of 25 players whose average age is just over 28. 10 of these players are over 30. I doubt any other team in the Championship have squads as old as ours.

Let's totally disregard that he has spent nowt and had players like NC foisted upon him, then tried to get rid of him but even the mighty Israeli football scene didn't want this former England international now supposed to be in his prime (age wise).

Then because he has so little faith in him and realises his brilliant mf general cannot last a 50 game season he resorts to look for scraps on the freebie market and hopes YM is the same player who he had when he was 2 years younger.

He's cup runneth over and he definitely should be blamed for this very predictable collapse.
« Last post by CL3MO on Today at 06:07:44 PM »
Maybe something happened off the pitch we arne't privy to everything that happens, oh dear look atme speculating  ;)

I didn't like the fact that Mowatt didn't start but when he came on, he didn't seem to exactly be running at his maximum. You never know how players are behind the scenes - perhaps there was a niggle?
« Last post by luke.jones1234 on Today at 06:06:58 PM »
At the start of the season many including me were very sceptical of how we were going to fare this season! I'm sure the majority of us feared for our future. I think most of us know we are not good enough for promotion with ageing players etc. I think it's fair to say we've over achieved from what we expected and in reality we'll be in the playoffs with a punchers chance, although I'd be seriously concerned if we got up, massive investment needed!

I don’t agree ,if we don’t make the playoffs the season has been a failure
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10