Author Topic: Ticket Reductions  (Read 1296 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Ticket Reductions
« on: January 09, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »
Are we likely to see admission prices at the turnstiles reduced from next season.Will / do clubs rely on gate money anymore.
With the billions coming into the game next season from TV revenue that will more than cover costs surely.
Where is this extra money going to go, players wages, i hope not

Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Ticket Reductions
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:30:40 AM »
Are we likely to see admission prices at the turnstiles reduced from next season.Will / do clubs rely on gate money anymore.
With the billions coming into the game next season from TV revenue that will more than cover costs surely.
In our case Glyn, we have no debts to pay off as such so where we use the extra revenue.................the skys the limit ( if you'll pardon the punn ). We should be in a great position to be able if we decide to push the boat out in terms of higher transfer fees and higher wages to attract even better players without having to cut our own throats this time. Other clubs should be made to use the money to cut their debts to banks etc..............but I bet they wont and get even more in debt by overspending etc etc.
He's a lad from the Wrenna

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »

I agree with you Devon, turnstile money is such a small part of income these days, surely it makes sense to sell tickets cheap to enhance the atmoshere and experience for those actually attending games, we are part of Global sales for the sale of Premiership football, fans are part of making that product attractive.
Baggie in Southampton

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:44:22 AM »
I agree with you Devon, turnstile money is such a small part of income these days, surely it makes sense to sell tickets cheap to enhance the atmoshere and experience for those actually attending games, we are part of Global sales for the sale of Premiership football, fans are part of making that product attractive.
Like New year's you mean? atmosphere (especially cheap atmosphere) can be a double edged sword in that instance. But It does overall make sense as it accentuates the good. We just have to ensure we never have a bad game ever again.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 11:47:57 AM »
Did i hear correctly the Champions of England have sent back to Arsenal half of their allocation :o £60+ a ticket
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 11:49:27 AM »
You will only see a reduction when there is a marked downtrend in attendances caused directly by cost and not form (in Villa's case) but that has not happened, most clubs in the prem have full/ near full stadiums week in week out and the games that wont tend to have reduced tickets anyway like a few of our matches have already. If there is a reduction it wont be massive, our season tickets are one of the cheapest in the prem already so wont imagine us shaving anything off next year.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »
I think the majority of people who already attend regularly would rather see the club spend the money on better players and therefore wages anyway. We have a stadium of high quality and infrastructure already in place to make the step up in quality . Even if we extend the stadium it would cost at most 10million which in termns of the extra money we should get next year is chicken feed !

Spend the money on better players for me all day. Yes a few might want cheaper tickets but as already has been said, we are amongst the cheapest for that already anyway !
He's a lad from the Wrenna