Author Topic: Dwight Gayle (at Newcastle)  (Read 234997 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dwight Gayle (on loan swap from Newcastle)
« Reply #350 on: February 14, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
Expect a flood of retrospective actions now.
If they have to do it for one player then they have to do it for all of them.
We know they won't though, it really was just trial by Sky and Dingle Don hammering the point. He wasn't so outraged about Grabben's leg-breaker, funny that!

As someone else suggested, someone at the club should trawl the recent archives for all the dives they can find and send them off to the wonderful FA, agreeing to accept whatever punishment they deem fit, provided every single, subsequent, incident is treated exactly the same way.

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #351 on: February 14, 2019, 11:16:24 AM »
I’ve now finally had a chance to see this and while there’s no doubt Gayle dived, I think it was more to avoid the collision.

But he’ll probably get banned so the FA can show they’re tough buggers.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #352 on: February 14, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Nickwba1

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #353 on: February 14, 2019, 11:25:01 AM »
Not heard the comments made by Don but I think he's actually one of the better pundits and can give an actual view of how we are performing given the amount of times he's seen us play. Much worse.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #354 on: February 14, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »
Not heard the comments made by Don but I think he's actually one of the better pundits and can give an actual view of how we are performing given the amount of times he's seen us play. Much worse.
He's a Dingle through and through, no more biased pundit out there. I have to turn sound down just to avoid kicking the telly in!

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #355 on: February 14, 2019, 11:57:02 AM »
I’ve now finally had a chance to see this and while there’s no doubt Gayle dived, I think it was more to avoid the collision.

But he’ll probably get banned so the FA can show they’re tough buggers.

I hope that is cited in his defence. Given a choice should he trip over the outstretched leg and risk injury or dive over the outstretched leg.

Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #356 on: February 14, 2019, 12:03:19 PM »

Bloke's an absolute cockend chap.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #357 on: February 14, 2019, 12:17:40 PM »
Goodmans definitely a dingle as a pundit. No love for us at all.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #358 on: February 14, 2019, 12:28:12 PM »
Don is a dingle - no doubt,
However Dwight dived and should be sanctioned
The problem is consistency, lets hope we see some from here on in, not holding my breath though.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #359 on: February 14, 2019, 12:41:33 PM »
Don is a dingle - no doubt,
However Dwight dived and should be sanctioned
The problem is consistency, lets hope we see some from here on in, not holding my breath though.
that's the problem consistency one man's dive is another man's foul. I thought at first glance that he got taken out only numerous replays and commentators comments suggests it's a dive, then Dingle Don who in my opinion should not be a guest in any games that we are on TV as he's too biased does a hatchet job on a Gayle and basically calls him a cheat.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #360 on: February 14, 2019, 12:46:02 PM »
So nobody should have been punished under this rule in 18 months, except for Niasse and Gayle? Forest won a penalty themselves through diving last weekend, and how many times has Salah done it recently?

It's not Gayle getting banned that's the problem, it's the inconsistency. But then I don't expect fair play from the FA or governing bodies anymore.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #361 on: February 14, 2019, 01:14:21 PM »
What I don't understand under this fa rule he has been charged with is, why couldn't it have been used to charge Roofe for the blatant handball he did to score against forest earlier in the season.

Imo belaihoune put his foot on DG's and he went over that is not a clear dive where no one touches him.

The Tank

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #362 on: February 14, 2019, 01:32:54 PM »
It may have been evasive action which unfortunately ended with a dive.
Tyrone M***s last week did not take evasive action and it ended in a bloodbath !

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #363 on: February 14, 2019, 02:27:11 PM »
What I don't understand under this fa rule he has been charged with is, why couldn't it have been used to charge Roofe for the blatant handball he did to score against forest earlier in the season.

Imo belaihoune put his foot on DG's and he went over that is not a clear dive where no one touches him.
There is contact on the floor, if you look away from the "main" challenge coming in, that should be enough to give him the benefit of the doubt, you have managers and pundits all the time saying if you feel contact and go down, it's not a dive.  But I think they will make an example of an upstart club rather than one of their big fat chums in the top six

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #364 on: February 14, 2019, 02:37:46 PM »

i think that this is an un-intended consequence of being on TV so much,
Not punishing an incident on National TV is going to embarrass the FA far more than one reported solely in a local rag and which few people are aware of.  Un-doubtedly Dingle don's outburst will not have helped diminish the embarrassment at all.

Its bloody ironic that 70k for being a TV game could cost the club 10's of £millions !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #365 on: February 14, 2019, 05:34:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1095465770547597315
Hmmmmm no comment

Much worse than Gayles!!!

Did Grabban get banned? I bet my house he didn't.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #366 on: February 14, 2019, 05:54:43 PM »
What I cant understand about this whole episode is that if it was such an obvious, blatant, intentional dive then why on Earth did the match officials fail to spot this at the time? Are the match officials going to face a two game ban for incompetence? We might as well do away with referees and linesmen altogether, play 90 minutes free for all then let Sky TV and their 'experts' analyse everything and decide the match score afterwards. Everything about modern day football makes me sick.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #367 on: February 14, 2019, 06:01:29 PM »
He has been banned for the next 2 games.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #368 on: February 14, 2019, 06:05:59 PM »
Stupid from the club not to contest this, if they had he would have been available for Saturday, I sometimes wonder who is making these crass decisions
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

domingo6220

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #369 on: February 14, 2019, 06:11:58 PM »
Stupid from the club not to contest this, if they had he would have been available for Saturday, I sometimes wonder who is making these crass decisions
But he would have been banned for the Sheffield United game.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:17:10 PM by domingo6220 »

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #370 on: February 14, 2019, 06:14:24 PM »
Banned for 2 games and the club thinks it's fruitless to contest. It's a joke that they've decided to start here when it's happened at other matches and nothing has been done.

The big clubs will never be punished because the FA are scared to do so.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #371 on: February 14, 2019, 06:18:53 PM »
Better he misses Villa than Sheffield United.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #372 on: February 14, 2019, 06:22:29 PM »

It said in the paper ( it was the sun) that if we had of appealed the hearing would have been tomorrow and that Gayle would still have been banned if we hadn’t of won the appeal

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #373 on: February 14, 2019, 06:29:45 PM »
Surely Moore will play Montero and Murphy down the flanks operating in a 451 when defending and 433 when attacking.  I just don't think the chemistry has been great between Gayle and JRod and it might allow the team to be better balanced?

Surely this would give Montero a chance to impress for rest of the season.  I would go with Barry, Johansen and Harper centrally.

We have got to get a more cohesive unit on the park.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #374 on: February 14, 2019, 06:30:00 PM »
I hope both the EFL will give the same punishments on a regular basis then as around the leagues there will be numerous dives each weekend.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill