Poll

Was RDM sacked to early?

Yes
No
I dont know I am a bit of a retard

Author Topic: Was RDM sacked to early?  (Read 13415 times)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

Was RDM sacked to early?
« on: February 18, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »
Was Robbie sacked to early?
Gera, Gera, Gera

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Was RDM sacked to early?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 05:11:46 PM »
Not for me no. Didn't seem to know how to stop the rot, players playing out of position, baffling team selections and substitutions.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »
For me it was good timing as roy still has enough time to make an impact, if we'd have left it any longer i fear that we would have been dead and buried
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 05:13:16 PM »
He wasn't taking us anywhere but down, should have gone earlier.
I only go for the beer.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
no was bit late if anything , he had lost the plot and the team so was right thing to do in my eyes

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 05:14:57 PM »
Right time for me, especially going into two crunch clashes. If we'd of lost both the West Ham and Wolves game I think we would of been done for and that making it very hard for any manager to be able to turn it around.

I think Roberto didn't know how to change it either, we seemed abit too predictable for my liking and it was no surprise after seeing recent performances that he got the sack.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »
In hindsight we probably stuck with him too long, if it wasn't for the win over Blackpool he would have probably gone around that time and I think it would have given us a better chance to get out of trouble too.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 05:24:49 PM »
If I was making the decision he would have been in charge against West ham. Not sure how long after that though as our bad results and slide down the table had gone on for too long. Not sure how much of the info coming out of the club is true regarding lack of preparation for game etc but if it is it gives more reason for the club to change manager.
Boing Boing

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 05:25:30 PM »
Not a minute too early for me.   He was clueless to stop our slide.  Some of his decisions were baffling.

Under RDM we were definitely going down IMO but appointing Roy makes me feel we have a slight chance of staying up.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 05:29:20 PM »
He should have gone before the transfer deadline, his inexperience hindered him during the last few months. What was worse was this inexperienced seemed to reduce his relationship with key members of this team leading to players not being played in their correct positions and others being left out all together

Babunsen

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 06:57:21 PM »
He should have probably been sacked sooner.

I think Hodgson is the right man for the job but I fear it might be a bit too far gone in the season for him to fully address the issues that need addressing and turn things round before Newcastle away.

Some of the games we've thrown away in the last few months have been shocking, I'm surprised they left him seemingly unquestioned in the driving seat for that long.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
Despite what the nationnal media say  ::) we were only going in one direction.

It could be suggested JP has previously been too supportive of his managers and allowing them to continue for too long. In years gone by I think JP has had the club in a position whereby we could "afford" to be relegated and hence his reluctance to change the inevitable. This season, we have given better contracts (including those that have re-signed) and perhaps we can no longer afford to yo-yo hence the early decision?
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 09:00:25 PM »
Changed your tune :)
I only go for the beer.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »
Changed your tune :)

Never commented (I don't think) whether he should stay or go... just enjoying your campaign  :P
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 09:10:56 PM »
I didn't want RDM to go initially but in hindsite we've made a very good appointment in Roy. Just wished JP had done it whilst the transfer window was still open. I can't see any manager in the world sorting out our defensive problems.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 09:12:22 PM »
Getting knocked out of both cups miserably for me didnt help.We could have made the final of the League cup and what a day that would have been.In saying that i would have given him until the Wolves game.We would have won that game last week had he still been in charge
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 09:15:38 PM »
What makes you say that?
I only go for the beer.

DazBaz

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 10:28:45 PM »
I was sad to see Roberto go i liked him and what he did for us too. I thought we would have given him till the end of the season. I thought it was a rash decision especially when the press was say chris hughton was going to be put forward i thought this was a side step. Now that Roy has been annouced is a massive signing on papper even bigger than Tony mow but results will tell..... WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE !!!! UNSURE

BaggieBoiJono

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 11:38:10 PM »
Could of done with geting rid of him in January because some of RDM team selections and substitutions were outrageus

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 07:50:33 AM »
should have gone earlier left a very difficult job for the next manager.His team selection showed his lack of experience.
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 08:21:30 AM »
As much as I admired Robbie things seem to unravel dramatically around Christmas when we moved from having a dip in form to a full blown crisis and the team really seem to be losing its way over a period when we should have been picking up points. To be fair to him he had to be given the Wigan game to see if he could turn it around but I would have moved him on after that.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 09:43:24 AM »
We still don't know the full reason's why the club sacked him,i think there was more to it than just the poor results,though they alone would have justified his removal.

So ne,he was'nt sacked too early.

Rich_WBA

• Junior Baggie

Was RDM sacked to early?
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »
Looking back at it now he probably should have gone earlier.... Although I was as shocked as anyone when he did go!

It's a shame he didn't go before the transfer window as Hodgson could have bought in a few on loan to give us a fighting chance 

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »
liked him but stuff am hearing now from people inside club make me think he should have gone a lot sooner.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »
I voted no but I will let you know tomorrow evening!!
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 01:17:19 PM »
He wasnt sacked early enough IMO as anyone with half a brain could see he was never going to turn it around. Had we known that we were eyeing up Hodgson, I would have sacked him earlier to give Roy enough time to keep us up.

Unfortunately the games we have left wont be enough time. We have wasted the last 5 or 6 games against teams around us where I think Roy could have got us winning again by not getting shot of RDM sooner.
He's a lad from the Wrenna

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
In hindsight he should have gone earlier.

We have dropped many points which would have seen us far more comfortable by now.

aka stairs

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 04:36:47 PM »
No, sadly he was maybe kept too long. 

We  (and JP) have learnt our lesson from Mowbray who again was kept too long (I was at the time angry he was sacked but now I know how wrong I was).

We should have changed manager before the transfer window, especially if someone like Hodgson was available.  Just hope he is able to do enough to keep us up and then we'll see what he can do over a summer.

I genuinely think we have our first real manager for some time and he will instill a long needed set of discipline and rigour into the players - he has already started with the defence, which it seems the last few managers had little time for!

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »
No, sadly he was maybe kept too long. 

We  (and JP) have learnt our lesson from Mowbray who again was kept too long (I was at the time angry he was sacked but now I know how wrong I was).

We should have changed manager before the transfer window, especially if someone like Hodgson was available.  Just hope he is able to do enough to keep us up and then we'll see what he can do over a summer.

I genuinely think we have our first real manager for some time and he will instill a long needed set of discipline and rigour into the players - he has already started with the defence, which it seems the last few managers had little time for!
Mowbray wasn't sacked mate.

aka stairs

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 04:57:55 PM »
True he was not sacked - but I felt he should have addressed the defence long before he left and it was a relief in many ways that he went,

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 05:12:46 PM »
I reckon we would have definitely gone down if he'd have stayed. With Hodgson we have a good chance of staying up.

reis wbafc patel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 10:48:10 PM »
i dont think so because we couldnt beat the teams around us, but if we were in the championship with wigan etc then we would beat them
ALBION TIL I DIE

westbrom4ever

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »
Yes. I'd much rather get relegated playing decent football than go down playing with the same terrible tactics Roy has been using for 35 years.

jamiewba

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2011, 03:45:20 PM »
does anyone know if its true. someone told me he was sacked because he was going to west ham at the end of the season even if we stayed up and they went down which is why he's on gardening leave. ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:45:53 PM by OldburyWBA »