Author Topic: Platini - “Trickery & shenanigans “  (Read 2151 times)

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

Platini - “Trickery & shenanigans “
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:02:16 AM »
Or as reasonable people call it, cheating.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44170578

Rotten to the core.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Platini - “Trickery & shenanigans “
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 01:59:11 PM »
I had malaria in Harare at the time. I got out of my sickbed to watch that final. I feel cheated.  :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 05:24:10 PM »
I had malaria in Harare at the time. I got out of my sickbed to watch that final. I feel cheated.  :D

Well that explains one thing about that final, thanks Ronaldo. :P

It's typical though isn't it. UEFA / FIFA talk about fair play, then pull stuff like this. If they were about fair, you'd still have to be a champion to qualify for the champions league.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 05:50:09 PM »
That is a load of tosh!. Money has nothing to do with Football. Russia and Qatar won the World Cup's fair and square :D

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 09:28:42 PM »
Just further enforces my understanding that 'most' people at the top of organisations are shady, or have been at some point to get to their elevated position. This is life though.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 02:08:33 PM »
Just further enforces my understanding that 'most' people at the top of organisations are shady, or have been at some point to get to their elevated position. This is life though.

I think for any top level position in the world you have to be shady and willing to accept bungs or change your ways to reach and stay there....
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 02:12:43 PM »
"We did not spend six years organising the World Cup to not do some little shenanigans. Do you think other World Cup hosts did not?"

Those words above show how dumb these people think the general populous is......no world cup hosts dont do that?? and why....because the organisation of it and who goes into what pot and how they are drawn is run by FIFA\UEFA and not by the hosts........he was head of UEFA and French, thats why this is infuriating.

Id throw him, Blatter and any other high ranking official in such organisations into jail for even saying this.

Rotten to the core FIFA is
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 02:25:04 PM »
I am just surprised that at the time of the draw no one thought to raise the fact that Brazil had already been allocated Group A and France allocated Group C. What other reason could there be to have pre allocated group placements other than 'shenanigans', or cheating as others would call it.

You will be telling me next that Qatar won the World Cup bid on merit.

Sadly I am not surprised at anything that comes out of these top of the shop corrupt football organisations.
MAGA!