Author Topic: James Shan  (Read 40054 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Shan appointed until end of season
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2019, 02:03:20 PM »
Of course Junmy will get our support. Hes a good guy and promising coach with an obvious eye for detail. Is it too soon for him to be leading a club such as ours - yes. Could he get us promoted - maybe. Have Jenkins and dowling got a lot to answer for - definately.

Big big shake up needed in the summer from the top down to the squad. We're being treated like we're daft at the minute.
I would imagine that, if we get promoted, they will all be patting each other on the back, and toasting a job well done. They won't consider that it is in spite of their interference and incompetence rather than because of anything positive they contributed. The only ones who should come out with any genuine credit are Moore and Shan.
If we don't go up, it should be a very different story and heads should roll at board level, although I doubt very much that they will.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2019, 02:07:02 PM »
Darren Moore should have been left in charge! Shan is going to end up like Moore a scapegoat when we don't go up. Absolute joke.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 02:07:31 PM »
According to the O/S, JS will get some more experienced help later this week.

Personally, I believe he can do it. he has tremendous self belief, & I think that he & the players have the character to prove the doubters wrong.

Hypothetical, I know, but it would have been interesting to see the comments, had we taken Jokanovich on a 3 year £2 million a year contract, & he had failed.
Not sure this is a good idea. It would be too late to affect the 2 games over the Easter weekend, so could end up just confusing matters, as we, hopefully, enter the play offs.
It's a farcical situation that Jenkins and co have put us in but I think maybe we should just ride it out with Shan now.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 02:11:15 PM »
Not sure this is a good idea. It would be too late to affect the 2 games over the Easter weekend, so could end up just confusing matters, as we, hopefully, enter the play offs.
It's a farcical situation that Jenkins and co have put us in but I think maybe we should just ride it out with Shan now.

Experience will be required in the play off's............we absolutely must have an experienced coach coming in. Shan is just a youth coach.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »
Shan-bles.

We have to force Jenkins out of this club.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 02:18:23 PM »
I don't see what else we can do now.  As long as he picks an attacking 352 and doesn't try to pass out from the back, there's a chance Gayle will get us there.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2019, 02:22:48 PM »
Neil was offered the job, Fact, he turned it down after meeting with Jenkins for more in depth talks regarding transfers and coaching staff, fact. Did he use us to get a pay rise? Probably but the facts are nobody wants to work for Mark Jenkins, doesn’t 5 weeks of limbo hammer this home?

Would you care to give us some evidence that the two opening statements are fact.
I'm not sure what assurances any new manager would want over transfers that's not already in the public domain.

As far as I'm aware, there is no evidence that any candidate has turned us down.

Personally, I'm fairly comfortable with what the board are doing, I will get uncomfortable if we haven't made a permanent appointment on 1st June.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2019, 02:26:46 PM »
Experience will be required in the play off's............we absolutely must have an experienced coach coming in. Shan is just a youth coach.

He's been an assistant first team coach (same level as Graeme Jones) for 12 months.

Allegedly, he masterminded the final few games in the EPL.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »
Please folk, just back the team for now, voice your unhappiness after the play offs!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 02:29:12 PM »
Shan-bles.

Keep going to the Gym on matchdays, that should do it

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2019, 02:37:06 PM »

He's been an assistant first team coach (same level as Graeme Jones) for 12 months.

Allegedly, he masterminded the final few games in the EPL.

I think Jones was slightly more qualified than Shan.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2019, 02:49:15 PM »
I'm glad we've stuck with Shan for the rest of the season.  No point changing horses in mid-stream - more upheaval.  Any new manager would still have had to work with the same players.  At least JS knows them.  At the end of the season we can decide what sort of manager we require depending on what division we play in next season. 

I've always thought that Jokanovic is a mercenary bu**er who would take the first and most lucrative route back to London as soon as the chance arose.

I am, though, worried that  - if in the EFL - Lai will suck what he can out of the club and cut his losses.  My finger points at him, the puppet master,  rather than Jenkins. 
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2019, 03:07:59 PM »
We're an absolute joke of a club at the minute.

I have nothing against Shan and he is doing the best job he can do at the minute (at least he is learning from his mistakes, with the change of shape, playing a more direct style, and finally putting Gayle and J-Rod up top together). I will be supporting him throughout the rest of the season and during the twists and turns in the play offs.

But to leave us in this position, asking a youth coach with a complete lack of experience to get the better of coaches with top level Championship teams in the play offs, is scandalous, outrageous and frankly, an utter embarrassment.

Will somebody tell me what Luke Dowling has done at this club since his arrival other than identify several loan signings from the Premier League that any football with fan with half a brain could have spotted? I still sit here and cannot believe the ineptitude of the board to NOT have a plan. Every football club these days should have a shortlist of 3/4 managers who they like and are ready to go for.

While watching the Netflix documentary 'Sunderland Til I Die' the decision making and general poor management from their top brass was enough to leave me laughing; I'd dread to think if we were filmed what we would see!

I fear this board is not finished with is disgraceful decision making just yet.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:10:50 PM by CL3MO »

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2019, 03:42:58 PM »
I think Jones was slightly more qualified than Shan.

I think you mean experienced.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2019, 04:10:14 PM »
We're an absolute joke of a club at the minute.

I have nothing against Shan and he is doing the best job he can do at the minute (at least he is learning from his mistakes, with the change of shape, playing a more direct style, and finally putting Gayle and J-Rod up top together). I will be supporting him throughout the rest of the season and during the twists and turns in the play offs.

But to leave us in this position, asking a youth coach with a complete lack of experience to get the better of coaches with top level Championship teams in the play offs, is scandalous, outrageous and frankly, an utter embarrassment.

Will somebody tell me what Luke Dowling has done at this club since his arrival other than identify several loan signings from the Premier League that any football with fan with half a brain could have spotted? I still sit here and cannot believe the ineptitude of the board to NOT have a plan. Every football club these days should have a shortlist of 3/4 managers who they like and are ready to go for.

While watching the Netflix documentary 'Sunderland Til I Die' the decision making and general poor management from their top brass was enough to leave me laughing; I'd dread to think if we were filmed what we would see!

I fear this board is not finished with is disgraceful decision making just yet.
we have been filmed... TWICE in two separate seasons.

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2019, 04:28:55 PM »
I'm glad we've stuck with Shan for the rest of the season.  No point changing horses in mid-stream - more upheaval.  Any new manager would still have had to work with the same players.  At least JS knows them.  At the end of the season we can decide what sort of manager we require depending on what division we play in next season. 

Agree with this, feel a lot more comfortable going into the remaining 4 games and play offs with Shan rather than brining in someone else who would want to change things up and potentially not get their system across to the players in such a short period..

The whole episode has been a shambles but we need to forget about it for now, support Shan and the players as much as possible. It’s either going to be 7 more games in the championship or 53+ to get us back up and this will be as best as shot we’re going to get.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2019, 04:38:09 PM »
Shan is clearly a good bloke and i really wish him all the success in the world. Regards the board and ownership its yet another damning indictment of the way we are run that we have messed around for 5 weeks been turned down by at least 2 managers (neil and in all probability Jokanovic) and had to run back to Shan with our tail between our legs because nobody wants to work for an incompetent fool like jenkins and a Chinese bloke who nobody ever sees or hears from.

We have become a laughing stock under these pair of idiots and until they go anything we achieve will be in spite of not because of them.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2019, 04:44:16 PM »
Shan-bles.

Fully agree! This club is now a laughing stock

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2019, 04:47:07 PM »
we have been filmed... TWICE in two separate seasons.

Very true - the 'Artist In Residence' and 'Behind The Badge' documentaries.

However, in both of those documentaries (and correct me if I'm wrong) but I remember them both being focused on the team, with the Artist In Residence doc more about the actual artist and him encapsulating the emotions of the fans throughout the season. Neither doc focuses on the board and their what happens behind the scenes in the club.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2019, 05:21:15 PM »
Why some posters are surprised baffles me.
My bet on JS @2/1 will pay for half of my ST ,as he only has to serve as manager for 10 games.
Just wish I had taken the bet at 17/2 when AS was 1/8 on.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2019, 05:28:52 PM »
Firstly, absolutely no disrespect to Jimmy Shan here, but this is just another short term short sighted cost cutting appointment by that bunch of clowns. If he gets us up the board will give him the job, if he doesnt get us up but has some decent results on the way, the board will appoint him as he has a 'proven track record'. He may prove us all wrong [and I hope he does] but this board is making our club a complete and total joke.

I only hope the crowd voice their disapproval of the board on Friday.
MAGA!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2019, 05:41:19 PM »
Shan-bles.

What can we do to this,  not knocking the post because I 100% agree but what can we do to achieve this.

I stuck up for him quite a bit about 12months ago on here but with the last 2 months and the season ticket joke he has wound me up so much!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2019, 05:50:56 PM »
I think no matter what whether we agree with Shan being in charge we have to back him all the way, if anything goes wrong on the pitch we have to put any venting away from the players and towards the directors box.

Jenkins doesn't give a stuff though, apparently £2m bonus if we go up and a nice pay off if he gets the push so win win for him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2019, 05:58:15 PM »
Not at all shocked with appointment but thought Jenkins brief from owner this season was to get us up if he fails does that mean he'll get his P45?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2019, 05:59:11 PM »
Jenkins needs to get out of this club ASAP. Utter clown.