Author Topic: 28 July 2012 - Barnsley 0 Albion 0  (Read 17839 times)

baggie-boy-ethan

• Youth Baggie

Re: 28 July 2012 - Barnsley (A)
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »
I've got it on Albion player too, sounds like a typically dull pre-season game really. James Hurst being singled out for praise by Albion Player, wonder if he'll have any part to play in the first team next year..

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 03:48:22 PM »
0-0 HT

Exciting.  ::)

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »
0-0 HT

Exciting.  ::)
it is barnsley tbf lol!

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
it is barnsley tbf lol!

Probably more exciting on Albion Player. This Barnsley commentator either goes silent or starts rambling when we have the ball. Gives the impression they have 70% possession or something.  :P

And I believe he said their away kit this year is "Mr. Blobby colours"?  ???

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »
Eli G has come on for Gera, hopefully he can inject some flair and excitement.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »
Probably more exciting on Albion Player. This Barnsley commentator either goes silent or starts rambling when we have the ball. Gives the impression they have 70% possession or something.  :P

And I believe he said their away kit this year is "Mr. Blobby colours"?  ???
i suppose any of these commentators have a natural bias towards their team, just like albion player does. mr blobby colours does make me laugh though  :D

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 04:28:12 PM »
i suppose any of these commentators have a natural bias towards their team, just like albion player does. mr blobby colours does make me laugh though  :D
Albion Player commentators are usually too busy talking about what they're having for dinner or the weather forecast to be biased.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
Albion Player commentators are usually too busy talking about what they're having for dinner or the weather forecast to be biased.
and theres always that depressed sounding guy, pete, jees he does my head in.

johnthebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 04:40:46 PM »
It's like listening to paint dry.

Still, it's all about fitness as they will most likely say.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 04:50:02 PM »
"Olsson has been Albion's Man of the Match by a country mile." -- Mr. Barnsley

Seems we have a new Brazilian, some chap named "Bareeenho."  ;)

0-0 FT

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

Re: 28 July 2012 - Barnsley 0 Albion 0
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
Clean sheet, woohoooooooooo!!

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 05:07:47 PM »
WM reckon Morrison and El Ghanassy were the Albion stand out players,
I seen 5 mins of Yassine El Ghanassy against FC Copenhagen and you could tell he`s going to make it big,
fantastic on the ball and has that pace we need. I remember watching Simon Cox on his debut and knew he`d
be a flop and I was correct.

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 07:51:41 PM »
Just watching the highlights, apparently Keith Andrews came close with a free kick?

Thought he'd signed for Bolton?

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 08:15:20 PM »
CL's game report:

AS friendly as a handshake between two mates.

Those who opted to stay at home to watch a spot of Olympic coverage made the right decision.

A classic this wasn’t.

Albion were comfortable, without ever properly moving through the gears.

Shane Long was to go closest for the visitors, placing his header onto the post.

There was a late change to the Albion squad. Simon Cox was withdrawn - his place went to Kemar Roofe.

Ben Foster and Shane Long were handed their first starts of the summer. Likewise Zoltan Gera, who last began a game back in November.

James Hurst was to go close eight minutes later. Jara Reyes passed to Zoltan Gera, who rolled the ball into the youngster’s path. His shot was strong and low. But also wide.

In the 15th minute Hurst was brought down some 10 yards outside of the area. Graham Dorrans took the free-kick, curling a shot over the wall but denied by Ben Alnwick.

Barnsley were to strike the post moments later a low Jim O’Brien cross would ordinarily have been taken easily by Ben Foster. But the Albion goalkeeper spilled the cross, allowing Chris Dagnall to sprint in to claim the rebound. His effort appeared to strike Jones Olsson and bounced against the post, rolling out for a corner.

Albion’s dominance resumed.

Thomas tried his luck again with a vicious left-footed effort. Alnwick was on hand to thump the ball away.

Yassine El Ghanassy replaced Gera at half-time and immediately brought some spark to Albion’s play.

Dorrans was to test Alnwick again. This time his low shot was parried by the Barnsley keeper.

Centre-half Gabriel Tamas showed why he doesn’t wear a No9 shirt just before the hour mark. A free-kick was played into his path - his shot sailed to the right for a throw-in.

Long, scorer of Albion’s second in Copenhagen, should have netted the opener at Oakwell in the 66th minute. Thomas’ left-wing ball sailed onto the Republic of Ireland striker’s head but while his glance got the better of Alnwick but not his left-hand post.

Egyptian Mido was one of six changes for the hosts, with his first touch being cheered by the Barnsley fans.

Fellow substitute Matt Done went . The Barnsley No10 spun away from Jara Reyes and drove a low shot. It was wide, but not by much. And nil all it stayed.

http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/west-brom-news/2012/07/28/barnsley-0-west-brom-0-full-time-report-97319-31496697/

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

28 July 2012 - Barnsley 0 Albion 0
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 02:19:20 AM »
To anyone who went: how fit did gera look?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 02:57:19 AM »
Proper fit! I'd get with him!  :D :D

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 08:52:13 AM »

Started very brightly and had a few glimpses that he's lost non of his tricky footwork and seemed on the pace for half an hour before fading - looks like he'll be fine I'm pleased to say !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »
Eli G has come on for Gera, hopefully he can inject some flair and excitement.

Watched him closely and liked what I saw from his second half appearance ven though he was pushed out wide later in the game - looked to take on players and had excellent fast feet.................so much so that he reminded me of Odemwingie's debut. Also chased the ball back when needed which was good to see.
We could, just could, have a gem on our hands though a big problem (like with so many of our forwards) is who we would play him with/ where would he play in the formation to get the best out of him ?

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

28 July 2012 - Barnsley 0 Albion 0
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 09:39:19 AM »
Started very brightly and had a few glimpses that he's lost non of his tricky footwork and seemed on the pace for half an hour before fading - looks like he'll be fine I'm pleased to say !

Thanks. Like you say, good to hear. Particularly if he can stay that way for more than twenty minutes this season. All luck to him.

donnybaggieboy

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »
i wnet yesterday typical freindly but i was impressed with eli g in the second half i agree with the earlier post we could have a real bargain here also thought olssen and jara did well

Baggie Crosser

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 04:28:27 PM »
I was there yesterday. Yes typical pre - season friendly, however thought Reyes had a very good game, showing clever touches and a degree of class. If he continues like that he should challenge for R.B. to start season. Like having a new signing.Gera and Morrison also classy. Dorrans worked hard and well. El G. also bright debut. Hurst played all 90 mins, does he figure in early season plans?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
I was there yesterday. Yes typical pre - season friendly, however thought Reyes had a very good game, showing clever touches and a degree of class. If he continues like that he should challenge for R.B. to start season. Like having a new signing.Gera and Morrison also classy. Dorrans worked hard and well. El G. also bright debut. Hurst played all 90 mins, does he figure in early season plans?

Yep, pretty much agree with all that - Jara was excellent and showed what a player he can be on the ground that he made his debut (if my memory is correct ?).

Not too impressed with Tamas in the centre though !

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 06:11:27 PM »

I wouldn't be overly confident with jara at RB but I still believe he is one who could do the DM role or at least be back-up, he as the composure on the ball and loves a tackle, Gonzo's real problem is his discipline
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »
He`d be 1st choice RB for me ahead of injury prone Reid and Championship player Jones.
This guy has played at the highest International level for Chile and looked comfortable.
Probably the most underated player at Albion by a country mile.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 07:46:41 PM »
He`d be 1st choice RB for me ahead of injury prone Reid and Championship player Jones.
This guy has played at the highest International level for Chile and looked comfortable.
Probably the most underated player at Albion by a country mile.

Always had a lot of ability but, as mentioned, his disapline is poor and can be a liabilty.