Author Topic: Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley  (Read 360911 times)

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

Jay Rodriguez Joins Burnley
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:54:00 PM »
Jay Rodriguez linked to sign on loan now and victor Moses through the telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/21/jay-rodriguez-poised-for-west-brom-move-as-tony-pulis-looks-to-m/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:33:21 PM by OldburyWBA »

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Jay Rodriguez
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 02:54:21 PM »
Jay Rodriguez of Southampton being linked by The Daily Telegraph today. Hope so

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »
Jay Rodriguez would be worth a risk on loan or a small fee, got in the England squad for good reason and an intelligent footballer. Though he hasn't really played in 2 years so it'd be a big gamble, but hopefully we'll have room in the squad for a gamble.

It says on the article that Chelsea have decided to keep Moses, which strikes me as odd, but he too is the kind of player we should be looking  for.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 03:23:12 PM »
Jay Rodriguez of Southampton being linked by The Daily Telegraph today. Hope so
good player before he got injured but this would be a big gamble

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 03:42:24 PM »
good player before he got injured but this would be a big gamble

Would love to see us take the gamble.

Christ we need some flair in our team.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 04:05:22 PM »
Could be a good option but a gamble with his injury record. Would hate to sign just him and then let Berahino go we definitely need someone else to come in as an option up top too.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 04:06:49 PM »
Typical Albion. Linked with slimanii,benteke the lad from juventus and we might get an injured player to get fit for Southampton. On the cheap again!!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 04:09:52 PM »
Typical Albion. Linked with slimanii,benteke the lad from juventus and we might get an injured player to get fit for Southampton. On the cheap again!!

I'd imagine his signing would be in addition to somebody else. Yesterday showed that Lambert isn't going to cut it any longer.
Boing Boing

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 04:17:22 PM »
In fairness the report says we would want Rodriguez and abother striker. We are very unlikely to spend big money on two strikers so a bigger name, more expensive deal and someone like Rodriguez would work.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 04:17:49 PM »
.   What do you mean typical Albion ? Was never in For Benteke  just paper speculation we've made a bid for Slimani  which has been knocked back by his club just like we do with Berahino offers . And know a link , which is still only paper speculation at the moment saying we're in for a player who was on the fringe of an England call up a couple years ago .So what's wrong with that ? .I suppose it gives some people on here a chance to have a dig and moan what ever the club does . That's Typical !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »
Probably work a punt as a back up option with the doubts about his fitness but not really a first team signing of the calibre we need.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 04:34:14 PM »
His injusry is a big concern but we wouldn't have a prayer at getting him if he hadn't been out for so long. If he's fit, then I would love to have him play for us.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 04:39:56 PM »
There is only one question mark over this and it is Rodriquez'a long term injuries. Has played very little over the last two seasons ,whether he is quite the player he once was remains to be seen but he is absolutely the type of player we should be looking at. Can play wing or as support striker and will score goals from either position. As for quality on a different level to anything we have currently got

Ideally a loan with an option to buy.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 04:40:54 PM »
Will we ever learn?
We loaned two crocks last season and we saw how much game time they got.
Other teams seem to loan fit players why are we always rehabilitating them instead of playing them?
Not saying a fit Rodriguez isn't worth a go but our punts rarely come off
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 05:50:55 PM »
Potentially a very good signing and improves the squad and if back to his best improves the team. Can play wide, right??
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Do I not like Wolves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 05:54:24 PM »
AS Danny Murphy said on MOTD we desperately need some space. JR will certainly help in that department.
"It is the tradition of the club and the fans in which we trust"

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 06:01:56 PM »
Will this allow completion of Saido to Stoke (assuming Saido is prepared to go) ? ....sincerely hope so as we need to move on.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 06:24:29 PM »
Will this allow completion of Saido to Stoke (assuming Saido is prepared to go) ? ....sincerely hope so as we need to move on.

Too risky to be our no.2 (Saido's slot) - hopefully to replace Anichebe's position.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

cidhawk

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 06:31:33 PM »
Assuming he must now be fit as he was on Saints bench I think this would be well worth the risk.  A loan with an option to buy at an agreed fee sounds good.  The agreed fee would ensure if he remains injury free and performs well Saints don't get the opportunity to inflate the fee.  If it doesn't work we just send him back.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2016, 06:33:56 PM »
Will we ever learn?
Other teams seem to loan fit players why are we always rehabilitating them instead of playing them?

I agree with this. Post injury Rodriguez has done nothing of note. If after a summer of searching for a striker this is the answer then things are a whole lot worse than I thought.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2016, 07:08:03 PM »
we need a new sicknote to warm the bed after sick vic went  :D

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2016, 07:17:55 PM »
Will we ever learn?

When Pulis said he wanted 5 players he failed to mention that some of them would be stop gaps!

I also have a feeling on deadline day we will end up with one of Crouch or Walters & Charlie Adam.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 07:25:43 PM »
When Pulis said he wanted 5 players he failed to mention that some of them would be stop gaps!

I also have a feeling on deadline day we will end up with one of Crouch or Walters & Charlie Adam.

If it's Walters as our 3rd or 4th striker then that's absolutely fine.  I'd have no issue with that.  If it's as 2nd striker then no thanks.

Adam - just no.

Crouch -  as 4th striker?  There must always be better options but I still think he could score a few coming off the bench

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 07:40:07 PM »

'I also have a feeling on deadline day we will end up with one of Crouch or Walters & Charlie Adam.'

No just No! We are better than Stoke's cast offs :(

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 08:19:40 PM »
'I also have a feeling on deadline day we will end up with one of Crouch or Walters & Charlie Adam.'

No just No! We are better than Stoke's cast offs :(
.  Pullis got the best out of these players . Ok they're a little older , and I wouldn't take Crouch because of his age ,but I think Walters could do us a job.and Adams as the energy in the midfield we could do with .