Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844369 times)

slate

• Youth Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1050 on: August 12, 2018, 01:49:38 PM »
He comes across a bit simple? Childlike sentences?

Frankly I'm more interested in the work he does than analysing the wordcount and the number of letters in the words he uses.

Seeing as some of you are all so superficial maybe we should send him to elocution lessons and ask him to wear reading glasses and develop a studious pose - would you be happier with that?

Some of the comments on here defy belief.

Now you're being ridiculous. A simple monocle will be just fine.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1051 on: August 12, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »
He comes across a bit simple? Childlike sentences?

Frankly I'm more interested in the work he does than analysing the wordcount and the number of letters in the words he uses.

Seeing as some of you are all so superficial maybe we should send him to elocution lessons and ask him to wear reading glasses and develop a studious pose - would you be happier with that?

Some of the comments on here defy belief.

People are confusing someone being softly spoken with someone being simple. Frankly, posters are also confusing their own views about football as supporters with the views of highly trained professionals who have spent their entire careers in the game.

It’s nonsense really to imagine that any of us knows or understands the game in the way that someone like DM does.

He’s going to get things wrong, everyone does, but for goodness sake give him a break. He’s just three games into the season, the team is trying to adapt to new thinking and new tactics, some of the players are either useless or not interested and despite that we scored four yesterday and won away from home.

So far, so good. Improvements can be made and no doubt will. It’s a long season. I’m going to enjoy it I think.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1052 on: August 12, 2018, 02:09:24 PM »
For someone who is "simple",who does the poster think he is saying something about another person?, I say this ,take the six games Dave was in charge in the premier league,the pre season games and the three championship games and tell us all how many matches he lost?
He is not simple perhaps you should look at yourself mate before saying things like that.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1053 on: August 12, 2018, 02:12:05 PM »
People are confusing someone being softly spoken with someone being simple. Frankly, posters are also confusing their own views about football as supporters with the views of highly trained professionals who have spent their entire careers in the game.

It’s nonsense really to imagine that any of us knows or understands the game in the way that someone like DM does.

He’s going to get things wrong, everyone does, but for goodness sake give him a break. He’s just three games into the season, the team is trying to adapt to new thinking and new tactics, some of the players are either useless or not interested and despite that we scored four yesterday and won away from home.

So far, so good. Improvements can be made and no doubt will. It’s a long season. I’m going to enjoy it I think.
agree with your sentiment but Darren hit the nail on the head by saying that it will take time on training ground to get players mind set right for this division where they are the big boys in most games

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1054 on: August 12, 2018, 02:20:30 PM »
agree with your sentiment but Darren hit the nail on the head by saying that it will take time on training ground to get players mind set right for this division where they are the big boys in most games

Pretty sure that we are agreeing with each other...
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1055 on: August 12, 2018, 02:24:31 PM »
So far I am quite pleased with Big Dave,after the forest performance the city kid had a mare,so he replaced him with Nyon,cant blame Big Dave that somehow Nyon happed to be worse,there was no way he could have started the city kid v Norwich,again Morrison not in the game v Forest,so start Gayle and drop back jrod into midfield all good and sound decisions,i think all us posters agree our forward line is very good,centre midfield is too slow for this league,Brunt if he needs to play him should play left back,and ive always thought Livermore a bit slow too and have yet to see how he ever featured in the England set up,centre defence Dawson back in here,and we will be fine,Right Back is the main problem,so in a nutshell Dawson Centre Midfield,Brunt out of centre midfield and a solution for right back,if Dave can see this we will be fine

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1056 on: August 12, 2018, 02:28:26 PM »
Moderators, i think this topic should be ended. It has become far too personal. Let’s focus on football issues.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1057 on: August 12, 2018, 03:02:56 PM »
You don't have to shout to make yourself heard
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1058 on: August 12, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »
Unfortunately Moore isn't suddenly going to become smart, articulate or tactically aware if he hasn't developed this in his football career by now.

And our fan base is not going to be any more knowledgeable if they make judgements based on three games.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 03:19:08 PM by The Black Pearl »
Baggie in Southampton

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1059 on: August 12, 2018, 03:31:18 PM »
Some of the comments are becoming downright offensive and verging on racist. Some people need to stop and read through what they've written before they hit the Post button.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1060 on: August 12, 2018, 03:45:40 PM »
I despair sometimes, we have been competitive in every game, could have had more points could have had less, but the defence can be sorted with the players at our disposal, its the midfield and forward line that was more of a concern going into the season, midfield still is a concern, but we are scoring and creating, the glass should be half full, not half empty.
Baggie in Southampton

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1061 on: August 12, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »
Some strange comments. We were all on a high before Bolton, then there was meltdown until yesterday when it calmed down a bit. I put it down to posters who only know of the premier league days.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1062 on: August 12, 2018, 04:33:41 PM »
Some of the comments are becoming downright offensive and verging on racist. Some people need to stop and read through what they've written before they hit the Post button.

Which comments are verging on being racist?

There is zero place for that here.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1063 on: August 12, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »
Moderators, i think this topic should be ended. It has become far too personal. Let’s focus on football issues.
I agree to an extent, happy for the tpic to remain but some comments are getting a bit too personal.

Can people stick to discussing Darren Mooore as a Head Coach and not the man himself please
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1064 on: August 12, 2018, 04:45:13 PM »

Please forward any racist comments to myself, they and the person making them will be removed from this forum

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1065 on: August 12, 2018, 05:22:38 PM »
I agree to an extent, happy for the tpic to remain but some comments are getting a bit too personal.

Can people stick to discussing Darren Mooore as a Head Coach and not the man himself please

I think you need to be wary about censoring this topic too much. For example, how well Darren does in interviews does relate to his job as head coach. Also, both Pulis and Pardew got dog's abuse on here on a personal level and a lot of posts of that nature remained. It's a difficult line to draw to discuss his performance as a head coach without it being in some way personal. Many football fans up and down the land would have reason at times to call their club's manager "clueless", but I'm sure posts where people say that wouldn't be removed.

Obviously racist abuse of any kind shouldn't be tolerated, no matter who is the subject of it.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1066 on: August 12, 2018, 05:29:20 PM »
I think you need to be wary about censoring this topic too much. For example, how well Darren does in interviews does relate to his job as head coach. Also, both Pulis and Pardew got dog's abuse on here on a personal level and a lot of posts of that nature remained. It's a difficult line to draw to discuss his performance as a head coach without it being in some way personal. Many football fans up and down the land would have reason at times to call their club's manager "clueless", but I'm sure posts where people say that wouldn't be removed.

Obviously racist abuse of any kind shouldn't be tolerated, no matter who is the subject of it.

I know all about abuse that previous managers received, most of it didn't remain on the forum to be seen. I know there is a difference between personal abuse and criticism. Criticism is fine, abuse is not and as such abusive comments will be removed.

I think it might be time for us to step down as it seems plenty of you think you are able to do a better job moderating the forum than we are.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1067 on: August 12, 2018, 05:29:25 PM »
And our fan base is not going to be any more knowledgeable if they make judgements based on three games.
Well, there were plenty of people who wanted Darren to get the head coach's job permanently on the basis of him being in charge for just 6 games. Those same people can't now reasonably claim that he should be given 15-20 games this season before anyone judges him. He got the job on the back of 6 games, so it's only right and proper for him to be under scrutiny from the outset this season.

There are failings in the side that are apparent to everyone, and I'm sure people will be happier to cut Darren more slack if they see evidence that he's recognised those failings for himself and taken steps to address them. We're 3 games in now and the obvious problems all still glaringly remain.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1068 on: August 12, 2018, 05:32:33 PM »
I think it might be time for us to step down as it seems plenty of you think you are able to do a better job moderating the forum than we are.
My post was just a polite response suggesting a bit of caution, nothing more.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1069 on: August 12, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »
My post was just a polite response suggesting a bit of caution, nothing more.

I think we're aware thanks

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1070 on: August 12, 2018, 05:52:51 PM »
Just listened to the video interview with Graeme Jones. He comes across as impressive, good attitude and a believer in good attacking football. As number 2 to Roberto Martinez's Belgium you can see why. What's important is that he's come to the club because of DM. The 2 are good friends, but Jones and his football philosophy will have a big impact. DM's success as a manager will partly be down to Jones.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1071 on: August 12, 2018, 05:55:15 PM »
Well, there were plenty of people who wanted Darren to get the head coach's job permanently on the basis of him being in charge for just 6 games. Those same people can't now reasonably claim that he should be given 15-20 games this season before anyone judges him. He got the job on the back of 6 games, so it's only right and proper for him to be under scrutiny from the outset this season.

There are failings in the side that are apparent to everyone, and I'm sure people will be happier to cut Darren more slack if they see evidence that he's recognised those failings for himself and taken steps to address them. We're 3 games in now and the obvious problems all still glaringly remain.
I think that's a bit simplistic. He got the job on the back of 6 games, the fact that he holds all the necessary coaching badges, his obvious qualities as a motivator both with the youths and the first team, his dedication and honesty, and (importantly) that he has West Brom in his heart and understood the need for the club to re-connect with the fans. He was a good candidate, a somewhat risky one given his lack of experience, but sometimes risks can work out well. He is clearly trying to build a new team with a new mentality, more attacking, more entertaining, more enjoyable, but he is not a wizard and we have to be a bit patient surely and cut him a bit of slack for now.
By the way, just a quick comment on a couple of other comments from the above posts. To Xpresso, I have looked back and can't find a single comment that is even remotely racist, so I don't know why you suggested such a thing. And to Oldbury, you are doing a great job moderating the site, and I can say this despite having the odd post of my own removed. Critics should have a look at some of the other shambolic fans' forums around before being so quick to criticise.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 06:33:32 PM by timdon »

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1072 on: August 12, 2018, 05:59:03 PM »

6 games?!?! I'm pretty certain he was around the club much longer then that with other parts of the club and impressed enough to work his way up.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1073 on: August 12, 2018, 06:40:47 PM »
6 games?!?! I'm pretty certain he was around the club much longer then that with other parts of the club and impressed enough to work his way up.
How many fans can truly claim to know anything one way or the other about the quality of his work prior to becoming head coach?

I'm giving him a chance, as anyone should with a new manager or player, but I disagree that he should somehow be excused any scrutiny for what he does or doesn't do.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1074 on: August 12, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
How many of us know that Darren had put his head into the lion's mouth taking on the Albion has his 1st managerial job,
i'd say all of us but we wished him well.
Give him at least best part of the season to see if can get the team pulling in right direction.