Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 724423 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1975 on: May 14, 2019, 11:51:20 PM »
This should get through quickly regardless though.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1976 on: May 14, 2019, 11:55:48 PM »
Up to you Jenkins, Lai and Dowling now, lets see what your vision for this club is
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1977 on: May 15, 2019, 12:09:17 AM »
Up to you Jenkins, Lai and Dowling now, lets see what your vision for this club is
don't trust any of these clowns to get the appointment right.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1978 on: May 15, 2019, 12:13:19 AM »
Not one of them has a clue , I'll stand to be proved wrong in 12 months .
Nobody with a bit about them would work under this regime , Id be surprised if its not Appleton.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1979 on: May 15, 2019, 12:24:42 AM »
Not one of them has a clue , I'll stand to be proved wrong in 12 months .
Nobody with a bit about them would work under this regime , Id be surprised if its not Appleton.

I'll be amazed if its not Appleton with Shan and Reid as assistants. Hoping they show some ambition though but I know the odds of that.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1980 on: May 15, 2019, 12:27:51 AM »
I'll be amazed if its not Appleton with Shan and Reid as assistants. Hoping they show some ambition though but I know the odds of that.
The owner knows nothing , Jenkins as good as he is finance wise again knows little about football .
Dowling is the one whose got my attention right now , surely should have had a list ready when Moore got sacked .
What has he actually done at the club yet ? , anybody know ?  . If he's not up to it then move him on.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1981 on: May 15, 2019, 12:33:36 AM »
Neil Lennon is sitting in the lower East Stand tonight
No thanks. We'd probably end up with a few Celtic rejects, even if Burke is not one of them.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1982 on: May 15, 2019, 07:06:08 AM »
Appointment needs to be made quickly now, it has to be someone with a clear identity of how they play and must be willing to use the crop of youth players we have coming through. We then need to shift out the deadwood from the squad who don’t fit the way the manager wants to play and start targeting players who can fit the system.

I’ll still give Dowling the benefit of doubt out of his January signing Holgate & Johanson improved the team so as long as the decision is left to Dowling and Jenkins keeps out I hope he’l make a decent appointment but it has to happen within 1 or 2 weeks. 

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1983 on: May 15, 2019, 07:16:46 AM »
I expect we will push for Hughton and his duller brand of football, with Appleton and McInnis also possibilities.

Personally I would prefer us to go for a bit more if a progressive, left field candidate.
Boing Boing

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1984 on: May 15, 2019, 07:43:48 AM »
I would love to get Potter in from Swansea. Great style of football and the players like him.
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1985 on: May 15, 2019, 07:45:20 AM »
I would love to get Potter in from Swansea. Great style of football and the players like him.

Unfortunately we had the opportunity 12 months ago, no chance now in my opinion
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1986 on: May 15, 2019, 07:46:03 AM »
I know mate. Not going to happen unfortunately

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1987 on: May 15, 2019, 08:42:11 AM »
The owner knows nothing , Jenkins as good as he is finance wise again knows little about football .
Dowling is the one whose got my attention right now , surely should have had a list ready when Moore got sacked .
What has he actually done at the club yet ? , anybody know ?  . If he's not up to it then move him on.

What exactly is Dowling supposed to have done by now which would be remotely visible to any of us?  Scouting and drawing up a target list and there is no doubt that he will have done that, but how far can he go until we appoint our new manager and until we know who we can sell and at what price?

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1988 on: May 15, 2019, 08:44:15 AM »
Mcinnes could be a good shout.  However, I keep thinking of up and coming lower league managers who have done well and I keep coming back to the one name .........  Lee Bowyer.  He's done well at Charlton and the advantage of bringing in lower league managers is that they know the good players from that league.  This would be the ideal step for Bowyer if he fails to get Charlton promoted.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1989 on: May 15, 2019, 08:45:40 AM »
I can see it being a straight choice between Appleton and Hughton. My worry is that Appleton has already been promised it if we were staying down. And then Hughton became available.

In many ways Hughton is the perfect fit right now.  Has got 3 teams promoted and kept Brighton there with the PL’s third lowest wage bill. A very decent manager at this level and is just what we need right now. If he gets us up then we can worry about what to do next.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1990 on: May 15, 2019, 08:47:38 AM »
Mcinnes could be a good shout.  However, I keep thinking of up and coming lower league managers who have done well and I keep coming back to the one name .........  Lee Bowyer.  He's done well at Charlton and the advantage of bringing in lower league managers is that they know the good players from that league.  This would be the ideal step for Bowyer if he fails to get Charlton promoted.

Not McInnes. We MUST stop these bloody romantic appointments just because he was a player hero here.   His managerial record would not cause him to be considered if he didn’t have the club connection.

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1991 on: May 15, 2019, 09:25:07 AM »

ashn

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1992 on: May 15, 2019, 09:29:54 AM »

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1993 on: May 15, 2019, 09:31:07 AM »
This is a Brighton newspaper - it is the Brighton job.
I know, it was a joke, maybe a smiley face next time!  ;)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1994 on: May 15, 2019, 09:31:18 AM »

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1995 on: May 15, 2019, 09:32:18 AM »
Chris Coleman has just been sacked by a Chinese club that he had managed for the past 11 months. He'd lost a raft of players and his wife claims they wanted to leave before the start of the season.This season Hebei China are one place off the bottom of the table with only one win and two draws in their opening nine games of the season. Could be a possibility or is it more likely that he will end up at Swansea when Potter leaves?

ashn

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1996 on: May 15, 2019, 09:35:17 AM »
 ;) Good one
I know, it was a joke, maybe a smiley face next time!  ;)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1997 on: May 15, 2019, 09:35:47 AM »
Appletons name wouldn't even be mentioned if he wasn't a former player, same goes with McInnes.

We need to stop with this whole sentiment thing when it comes to the manager, it didn't work with DM and it wont work with the next one.

If Appleton had never had played for this club, this board would be going crazy at the thought of him getting the job.

We need to get a proper manager in. There are plenty out there who deserve a crack at the job. I would sooner be looking at the likes of Paul Cook, the Barnsley boss and a few others before I contemplated McInnes or Appleton.

Like it or not, Hughton is the best name out there in terms of promotions, knowing the league, knowing how to get out the league and also has that premier league experience the club always bang on about.

Whether we can convince him to come would be a different matter.

I would love for the board to prove me wrong and look abroad for a boss, its worked with Wolves (granted they've had some help from mendes), its worked with Norwich. There are plenty of capable bosses in the top flight german league who would love a chance to manage in England.

We will know the clubs intentions this summer by the length of time it takes for them to appoint a new boss.

The one key factor I have taken already is that Shan has said hes been offered a coaching job if he wants it, now does that mean he will be involved in the first team or will he be returning to the under 23s? What if the new man in charge wants his backroom staff to be all his own men?

For me, I cant see past it being offered Appleton. That's why he is already here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:38:22 AM by Mister AT »

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1998 on: May 15, 2019, 09:37:19 AM »
I’d rather Hughton every day over Coleman and I don’t really want Hughton.

Smethwickender93

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1999 on: May 15, 2019, 09:50:50 AM »
No to Appy, Mciness, Coleman and co

We need someone with fresh new ideas and a new playing style. We have probably our biggest rebuild in years, although how many years have we said this. It seems each year our rebuild gets bigger and bigger

Get this appointment wrong and it'll cost us more than the last few seasons have!