Author Topic: England are hated  (Read 4164 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

England are hated
« on: February 23, 2016, 04:22:02 PM »
Eddy Jones England Rugby coach has just confirmed that we all possibly knew anyway that England are hated whatever the sport
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: England are hated
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 05:47:00 PM »
Eddy Jones England Rugby coach has just confirmed that we all possibly knew anyway that England are hated whatever the sport
with a huge hint of envy. most of the hate comes from our near neighbours.
won the football world cup
won the rugby union world cup
won the rugby league world cup
clean sweep if we win the cricket world cup although we have been losing finalists 3 times.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:53:18 PM by caravanc58 »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 06:12:03 PM »
clean sweep if we win the cricket world cup although we have been losing finalists 3 times.

More pity these days I would imagine we're like the Villa of international sport. Living off past glories.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 06:27:29 PM »

Cricket is England and Wales. Likewise GB have won the RLWC not England. Jones didn't help himself picking a clown as Captain mind.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 06:40:37 PM »
Is it jelousy or the fact people think the English are arrogant?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 11:22:04 PM »
I don't like using the word hate but I can assure you that the rugby rivalry was in place and was just as strong long before England won the world cup.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 11:32:58 PM »

Generally speaking they tend to laugh at English delusions regarding sport.

In the most part their 'hatred', or rather loathing and derision, runs far deeper than that.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 11:41:18 PM »

IMO we are arrogant if you compare to most places in Europe at least.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 06:46:50 AM »
IMO we are arrogant if you compare to most places in Europe at least.

I take it you've never been to Russia?  ;D
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 09:46:18 AM »

Both to be honest

But I think the reason Scotland, Wales, Northern Island hate England on 'jealousy' is not because we've won the Football and Rugby world cup once. Its more to do with they are sick with people thinking the United Kingdom/England are one of the same thing due to our larger population. For example a Welsh friend of mine cannot stand it when Americans say 'the queen of England'. We also have nearly all of the United Kingdom landmarks and the home of politics is also in London.

In terms of arrogance its true that the English generally do make fun of the other home nations, especially the Welsh. We've all heard the 'sheep' and 'third world country' taunts after all. This only increases the ill feeling towards us from our United Kingdom neighbours.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »
Its arrogance, we think we "punch above our weight", when basically the rest of the world look at us (political & sport wise) as the noisy brat in the corner, who thinks they are "special". (The special relationship with USA, we want special deals from the EU for examples)

Socially, we (generalisations) can't be arsed to learn languages, exported hooligans, export lager louts, live in ex-pat ghettoes, are all covered in tattoos, take all inclusive holidays which give nothing back to the locals, are always tagging on the coat tails of the USA, have a "we had an empire / commonwealth" attitude.

For clarity, I am not saying I agree or that any of these "views" are accurate, but they are perceptions of the British and more exclusively the English !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 10:17:05 PM »
Its arrogance, we think we "punch above our weight", when basically the rest of the world look at us (political & sport wise) as the noisy brat in the corner, who thinks they are "special". (The special relationship with USA, we want special deals from the EU for examples)

Socially, we (generalisations) can't be arsed to learn languages, exported hooligans, export lager louts, live in ex-pat ghettoes, are all covered in tattoos, take all inclusive holidays which give nothing back to the locals, are always tagging on the coat tails of the USA, have a "we had an empire / commonwealth" attitude.

For clarity, I am not saying I agree or that any of these "views" are accurate, but they are perceptions of the British and more exclusively the English !
For our size we do punch well above our weight, we have no choice but to learn languages especially if you want to be served in a shop :D, but in all seriousness most schools teach at least one and sometimes two languages, I have no tattoos but if I was Spanish and jody marsh started sunbathing I wouldn't moan .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 08:27:12 AM »
maybe its because the seals wherever they go in the world keep mentioning you know what
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties