Author Topic: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football  (Read 22302 times)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkull football
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2024, 06:35:44 PM »
If it’s a £60m takeover, who is he paying £60m to if Lai is only getting £10-£20m?

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2024, 06:41:09 PM »
If it’s a £60m takeover, who is he paying £60m to if Lai is only getting £10-£20m?

I’m fairly sure it’s not a £60m takeover / he’s not paying £60m to anyone.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 06:43:09 PM by johnny Cash »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2024, 06:54:19 PM »
A big relief its finally gone through. My first impression is that he comes across as a genuine guy. Pleased to hear he's happy with Corberan, who is absolutely crucial to our progress. If all we have to worry about is using some americanisms like 'soccer', then I'll be more than happy. (Football fans are a funny lot. I remember Liverpool fans being unhappy about their owner referring to the club as a 'franchise'). However, its extremly important he gets the right advisors around him. He's bound to be a bit of a novice when it comes to understanding the workings of the football industry, even if he has a stake in FC Bologna.   

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2024, 07:09:43 PM »
I am now looking forward to his first press conference where he will be able to explain his plans in more detail. Everything looks really positive. It would be a fab bonus if we can get promoted via the play offs.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2024, 07:38:54 PM »
The Era of Lai officially over. What a relief.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2024, 07:48:18 PM »
I have just watched the video and as Johnny Cash I would strongly recommend that people go and view it.

On the loans my quick take from the video are as follows

1. The Peace loan. A very clear no comment response, which is I assume is because there is an outstanding legal dispute (Shareholders4Albion triggered an investigation as to it's legality)

2. Wisdom Smart. Will be repaid as part of the acknowledged financing needs the club has. The exact timing I suspect will be influenced by our position against the FFP limits.

3. MSD. Still outstanding but terms have been renegotiated. We don't know the full impacts (penalty clause for instance) of early repayment so I am not entirely surprised the new ownership have left it in place.

From other sources I don't think it was covered by the video,  Warm Front that is being paid off by Lai when the first instalment is paid, it is in point of fact the whole of the first instalment.

Other than that he is saying all the right things it remains to be seen if that is backed up by his actions but at this point I am more than happy to assume that they will be.

Happy bye-bye Lai day everyone.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 07:52:56 PM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2024, 08:03:34 PM »
I’m fairly sure it’s not a £60m takeover / he’s not paying £60m to anyone.

Reading between the lines, it looks as though Bilkull Football has taken on all of the loans (MSD, Wisdom Smart & the Peace loan)

It looks as though he's going to make good the Wisdom Smart loan, (the Peace Loan is subject to litigation, so not able to be resolved yet).

I suspect he's hoping to repay the MSD loan from media income as a consequence of promotion to the EPL.

There was an article on Birmingham Live a few weeks ago that stated Shilen Patel had a personal wealth of around £100 million & his father, £400 million. If that's true, we haven't got the wealthy owners we thought we had.

We do have the benifit though of an owner who's hands are not tied by government.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2024, 08:07:14 PM »
I have just watched the video and as Johnny Cash I would strongly recommend that people go and view it.

On the loans my quick take from the video are as follows

1. The Peace loan. A very clear no comment response, which is I assume is because there is an outstanding legal dispute (Shareholders4Albion triggered an investigation as to it's legality)

2. Wisdom Smart. Will be repaid as part of the acknowledged financing needs the club has. The exact timing I suspect will be influenced by our position against the FFP limits.

3. MSD. Still outstanding but terms have been renegotiated. We don't know the full impacts (penalty clause for instance) of early repayment so I am not entirely surprised the new ownership have left it in place.

From other sources I don't think it was covered by the video,  Warm Front that is being paid off by Lai when the first instalment is paid, it is in point of fact the whole of the first instalment.

Other than that he is saying all the right things it remains to be seen if that is backed up by his actions but at this point I am more than happy to assume that they will be.

Happy bye-bye Lai day everyone.

I'm not surprised the MSD loan has been renegotiated, not paying it off in full helps the cash flow.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2024, 08:08:12 PM »
Really excited for the new era. Would be great if they could get him out on the pitch before the game on Friday.
Smethwick..

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2024, 08:14:28 PM »

Does anyone know if theyl have a offical press conference with the media?

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2024, 08:25:18 PM »

Reading between the lines, it looks as though Bilkull Football has taken on all of the loans (MSD, Wisdom Smart & the Peace loan)

It looks as though he's going to make good the Wisdom Smart loan, (the Peace Loan is subject to litigation, so not able to be resolved yet).

I suspect he's hoping to repay the MSD loan from media income as a consequence of promotion to the EPL.

There was an article on Birmingham Live a few weeks ago that stated Shilen Patel had a personal wealth of around £100 million & his father, £400 million. If that's true, we haven't got the wealthy owners we thought we had.

We do have the benifit though of an owner who's hands are not tied by government.

I’ve seen it suggested on twitter he has taken on the msd loan. He hasn’t based on his interview, unless somehow he’s become a personal gaurantor / underwritten it with msd (he’s taken it on in the sense owns the company that’s majority shareholder, but that’s no different to how Lai was on for it)

Big difference being our financial position destroyed the value of Lai’s investment and he had no idea how to turn it around. Patel has brought it low and has plans but It’s still a loan to the club with security on club assets.

If he can’t start to turn it around we are still in trouble / in a precarious position for a while yet, but that’s not Patels fault.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 08:35:55 PM by johnny Cash »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2024, 08:25:41 PM »
Sticking with CC by sounds of things

"matt maher
@mjmarr_star

Shilen Patel on Carlos Corberan: "I’m really excited and happy that Carlos is our manager. To me, he is the manager with the perfect mindset for the project that we are embarking on." #wba"

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2024, 08:27:05 PM »
Patel submitted his offer in September, took 6 months to sort according to Brum Mail

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shilen-patel-chased-west-brom-28723321

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2024, 08:29:51 PM »
Patel submitted his offer in September, took 6 months to sort according to Brum Mail

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/shilen-patel-chased-west-brom-28723321

It’s from the horses mouth it took 5-6 months, he said in the interview he became aware of the opportunity in September and submitted his first bid a few weeks later

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2024, 08:37:42 PM »

I’ve seen it suggested on twitter he has taken on the msd loan. He hasn’t based on his interview, unless somehow he’s become a personal gaurantor / underwritten it with msd.

Big difference being our financial position destroyed the value of Lai’s investment and he had no idea how to turn it around. Patel has brought it low and has plans but It’s still a loan to the club with security on club assets.

If he can’t start to turn it around we are still in trouble / in a precarious position for a while yet, but that’s not Patels fault.

I don't think he's taken on the MSD loan either, it's possible him & his father are acting as guarantors (why MSD wanted them), but I'm sure the plan is to pay off the loan from WBA Group income/profit.

Personally, I'm happy to give Lai the benifit of the doubt, it's impossible to make good business decisions when your hands are tied, but I'm pleased we now have owners who are not constrained.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2024, 08:41:04 PM »
It’s from the horses mouth it took 5-6 months, he said in the interview he became aware of the opportunity in September and submitted his first bid a few weeks later

Ah not watched it, waiting for me tea to cook so i can sit back and relax and watch his interview

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2024, 08:43:14 PM »

I don't think he's taken on the MSD loan either, it's possible him & his father are acting as guarantors (why MSD wanted them), but I'm sure the plan is to pay off the loan from WBA Group income/profit.

Personally, I'm happy to give Lai the benifit of the doubt, it's impossible to make good business decisions when your hands are tied, but I'm pleased we now have owners who are not constrained.

Sorry, think I misread / misunderstood what you were saying. Yes agree the plan is still repaying it via club (although I think under FFP he can invest £8m per season and more for infrastructure so would be nice if he had plans to do so, which would sort of be him paying back some if not all of the loans).

I had some sympathy for Lai. We could have been relegated with any owner realistically, and failed to get back up. Never any guarantees. My sympathy went with the loans of club money and failure to pay it back

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2024, 09:39:42 PM »

That was never correct.  The family have sold businesses for just under $2 billion

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2024, 10:04:06 PM »
Excellent news. We have a future again.
Oh and on the name of the game debate, I mean the guy's quite literally saved our club and he calls the game "soccer". It's what Americans do, so give him a break. If it makes everyone feel better, Americans don't call American football American football either. They call it football (wrongly I know  ;D). They differentiate it with our football by calling ours soccer. I can live with that.
I can't sadly American football doesn't even follow Football remotely, it doesn't use the actual Name Gridiron rather than nicking the name of the most popular sport in the world to market there utter dross of a sport. Gridiron or American Rules Australia call there version Aussie Rules. Rugby I can forgive for being called Football, comes from Football and has Drop Goals, Line Outs basically Throw Ins, Penalties, Conversions. To me the Americans refusing to call it football smacks of there arrogance the word really annoys me. It is FC here in England he was addressing us a UK Audidence we call it Football hence FC not Soccer.

I am happy we are saved but he needs to learn now he is in England to call it Football, Soccer is an outdated word a bit like that word that got Mary Poppins a PG Rating. It annoys everytime a Yank opens there mouth and utters that word despite even some US Teams having FC I think there is an FC Charlotte so they do know of Football as we know it existing yet use the term Soccer it's really annoying. It's not an Anti American thing, I just don't like that word.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 10:12:48 PM by BaggieBoy04 »
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2024, 10:11:23 PM »
Just watched the video interview, came across very well overall i thought.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2024, 10:20:35 PM »

That was never correct.  The family have sold businesses for just under $2 billion

Do a Google search,  a number of sites quote the same figures. I

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2024, 10:42:57 PM »
Well I can see this one gathering traction  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2024, 11:55:00 PM »
I can't sadly American football doesn't even follow Football remotely, it doesn't use the actual Name Gridiron rather than nicking the name of the most popular sport in the world to market there utter dross of a sport. Gridiron or American Rules Australia call there version Aussie Rules. Rugby I can forgive for being called Football, comes from Football and has Drop Goals, Line Outs basically Throw Ins, Penalties, Conversions. To me the Americans refusing to call it football smacks of there arrogance the word really annoys me. It is FC here in England he was addressing us a UK Audidence we call it Football hence FC not Soccer.

I am happy we are saved but he needs to learn now he is in England to call it Football, Soccer is an outdated word a bit like that word that got Mary Poppins a PG Rating. It annoys everytime a Yank opens there mouth and utters that word despite even some US Teams having FC I think there is an FC Charlotte so they do know of Football as we know it existing yet use the term Soccer it's really annoying. It's not an Anti American thing, I just don't like that word.

You really ought to get around to watching his introductory video. I have and he mentions the word football on a number of occasions.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2024, 12:27:51 AM »
As long as he doesn't call it soccer ball and Palmer a goal tender I won't mind.

Never liked it being called soccer.

More concerning to me is that the MSD loan is still there.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2024, 12:50:36 AM »
As long as he doesn't call it soccer ball and Palmer a goal tender I won't mind.

Never liked it being called soccer.

More concerning to me is that the MSD loan is still there.

Not ITK and certainly not a financial whizz but at a best guess I imagine he hasn't committed to paying the MSD loan off as it would have a negative impact on Profit and Loss.

We have a new owner but we don't currently have an increase in immediate revenue. Needs to get his feet under the table and get a better taste of the place.

It doesn't make sense to me to commit cashflow when he's got funds on credit with a financial institution which has looked favourably on his takeover.