Author Topic: 6 Jan 2018 Exeter City 0 Albion 2 (FAC 3)  (Read 107334 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: F.A. Cup
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2017, 08:08:28 PM »
Any chance of changing it to the Hawthorns if Exeter get though seeing as half their ground is under redevelopment. Be worth a few bob to them.

There's going to be a heck of a lot of disappointed Albion fans if we can't.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2017, 08:12:02 PM »
Quota won't change, even though it's Cup. Will only be 350.

Combined, standing and seating about 1k
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2017, 08:31:11 PM »

Combined, standing and seating about 1k

They're only obliged to give us a maximum of 15%, and even then it's dependent on the findings of the Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

http://www.thefa.com/news/2014/feb/26/away-ticket-allocations-arsenal-everton

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2017, 08:34:53 PM »
Quota won't change, even though it's Cup. Will only be 350.

And if it's Forest Green the allocation is 808.

popmonkey

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2017, 08:49:07 PM »
Any chance of changing it to the Hawthorns if Exeter get though seeing as half their ground is under redevelopment. Be worth a few bob to them.

Can’t do that, non-league clubs used to do it back in the day but the FA stopped that in the name of fairness.

There’s been a lot more FA Cup games played on Sunday afternoon this year, even in the preliminary rounds, even without a clear reason for doing so, so I wouldn’t count on a Saturday 3pm kickoff
Going down the Brummie Road... To see the Albion Aces!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »
Can’t do that, non-league clubs used to do it back in the day but the FA stopped that in the name of fairness.

There’s been a lot more FA Cup games played on Sunday afternoon this year, even in the preliminary rounds, even without a clear reason for doing so, so I wouldn’t count on a Saturday 3pm kickoff

I might be wrong but I think the Police can request a change of venue for "safety reasons". If that were the case it would most likely be moved to a more suitable neutral ground such as Vitality stadium or St Mary's or even Fratton park but not The Hawthorns.

Hopefully Forest Green will win and it'll all be academic.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:23:14 AM by Hull Baggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 11:52:52 AM »
I might be wrong but I think the Police can request a change of venue for "safety reasons". If that were the case it would most likely be moved to a more suitable neutral ground such as Vitality stadium or St Mary's or even Fratton park but not The Hawthorns.

Hopefully Forest Green will win and it'll all be academic.
Why? Isn't their ground just as small?
A change of venue to neutral for either would suit ticket allocation issues best I imagine
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
I hope Exeter get through

Easy enough to get to for me and a nice way to start the year

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »
A change of venue to neutral for either would suit ticket allocation issues best I imagine

Exeter's ground ordinarily would be bigger but is under re-development so limited allocation.

According to each team's away day pages:
Exeter Away Allocation: 350 Max (Until next year when stand works are complete)
Forest Green Away Allocation: 950 Max

The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2017, 01:50:42 PM »
Exeter's ground ordinarily would be bigger but is under re-development so limited allocation.

According to each team's away day pages:
Exeter Away Allocation: 350 Max (Until next year when stand works are complete)
Forest Green Away Allocation: 950 Max

350 tickets for an away day in the FA Cup would be bloody harsh.

Come on Forest Green Rovers and COYB  8) .

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:15 PM »
Certainly not the worst draw e could have got by any means. Forest Green would be interesting. Chap I work with is a Grimsby fan and when they went there even some locals didn't know where the ground was or that they had a football team !
Been to Exeter a few times and found it to be pretty good. Problem is the actual ticket allocation.
The other critical thing is when the game is actually played. Could see us feature somewhere on TV if it's Forest Green as the companies do like that sort of thing. Merseyside derby is a shoe in but others are debatable.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2017, 03:19:30 PM »
How many TV ties do they have?

Merseyside derby is obvious, so is United. Palace v Brighton could be another one for TV due to their weird rivalry.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2017, 03:21:40 PM »
Could see us feature somewhere on TV if it's Forest Green as the companies do like that sort of thing. Merseyside derby is a shoe in but others are debatable.
These days they'll always pick the biggest club's games for live screening, regardless of who they're playing or if they're home or away. Thus Man Utd Reserves v Derby will be televised and probably Spurs Reserves v Wimbledon. If there are any TV slots left after the big club's games have been divvied up, we might be chosen, as could Fleetwood/Hereford v Leicester and Wolves v Swansea.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:23:26 PM by WorcsWBA »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2017, 04:16:01 PM »
been to Exeters ground today, if they beat FGR theres going to be much disappointment trying to get tickets, only the die hards will get one. 2 sides of the ground are closed for re development
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2017, 05:09:06 PM »
No disrespect to the opponents but i would like some of the fringe/youth players to get a game , so pardew can have a proper look at them.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
No disrespect to the opponents but i would like some of the fringe/youth players to get a game , so pardew can have a proper look at them.

People bemoan the fact that we dont have cup runs then ask for the youth players to play

Thats a no from me, want us to put out a strong side and try to progress as far as we can

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »
People bemoan the fact that we dont have cup runs then ask for the youth players to play

Thats a no from me, want us to put out a strong side and try to progress as far as we can

Yep full strength side for me.

The Cup is too important to mess around with.

Any good youth should be getting loaned out anyway

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »
Yep full strength side for me.

The Cup is too important to mess around with.

Any good youth should be getting loaned out anyway

Don't agree with that at all.... Age means jack, if they are good enough... they should be in the squad regardless if they are 18 or 28.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2017, 05:54:57 PM »
Don't agree with that at all.... Age means jack, if they are good enough... they should be in the squad regardless if they are 18 or 28.

By good I meant;

Currently good enough for league 1 or championship with the potential to be good enough for the premiership in 2/3 years time

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2017, 06:55:55 PM »

Can you provide evidence of where I've bemoaned the lack of cup runs please?

Again no offence to the opposition, but a few starters and then some fringe/youth should be good enough to beat teams from these levels.

What if we play a full strength team and some of the first choices get injured on a poor pitch/poor opposition making up for the gulf in class with some rough play? Pardew would be crucified and rightly so.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2017, 09:13:32 PM »

Plus getting the first team into the winning mentality will do no harm at all after such a winless streak, regardless of opposition (not saying we are guaranteed to beat Forest Green or Exeter, but with our first team we bloody should be winning).

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2017, 09:23:27 PM »
Plus getting the first team into the winning mentality will do no harm at all after such a winless streak, regardless of opposition (not saying we are guaranteed to beat Forest Green or Exeter, but with our first team we bloody should be winning).
Winners have that in their minds.
We can win and we WILL win, should be drummed into them.
Positive thinking can sometimes overcome all odds.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2017, 06:31:04 AM »

Yes it is small but the allocation would be 880 ish not 350, over twice as many tickets available. Considering we haven't taken 880 for some Prem away games in the past I can't see it being moved on safety grounds.

Having only 350 tickets available for away fans and a building site could be considered by the police as a safety concern.

I'm assuming either way that tickets will be available based on loyalty points and 1 per person.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »
Yes it is small but the allocation would be 880 ish not 350, over twice as many tickets available. Considering we haven't taken 880 for some Prem away games in the past I can't see it being moved on safety grounds.

Having only 350 tickets available for away fans and a building site could be considered by the police as a safety concern.

I'm assuming either way that tickets will be available based on loyalty points and 1 per person.

At the moment their entire capacity is approx 3-4k with 2 stands out of action. They wont be giving us 800+ !
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:08:03 AM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2017, 09:07:40 AM »

Exactly this. It's about time we gave the cups a proper go. After all what other chance do Albion have of winning anything. The league is practically impossible the cups, however difficult, are not impossible. We have to go for it.