Author Topic: Callum Robinson  (Read 170090 times)

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

Re: Callum Robinson
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2020, 10:47:42 AM »
even if he plays on the left of a 4-2-3-1 we dont need him?

signed diangana and edwards as another option, whats the point of signing robinson??

we need an out and out striker !!!!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2020, 10:51:57 AM »
Diangana is inured.  Edwards isn't quite up to it.  We need someone to help fill the gap and maybe fill Diangana's boots next season.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2020, 10:53:26 AM »
Diangana is inured.  Edwards isn't quite up to it.  We need someone to help fill the gap and maybe fill Diangana's boots next season.

Plus...Philips is hardly setting the world alight.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2020, 11:38:43 AM »
At £6million, that is a great bit of business, almost a goal every other game in his last championship season
Baggie in Southampton

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2020, 11:41:41 AM »
A little underwhelming but if we could have taken him on loan 6 months ago he would have been seen as a good signing.

In June he would have been a decent Preston sides, best player. Its obviously not worked out for him at Shef U and perhaps the championship is his level but he should gives us something extra. Just hope he isn't another Jacob Murphy as the United fans suggest he doesn't like mixing it!

Hopefully its a loan with an option to buy, not an obligation.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2020, 12:07:33 PM »
I might be in the minority (based on social media anyway) but I'm really not fussed about Orsic. I'd rather have a safe and steady proven youngster such as Robinson and a pop at Bowen than a gamble on a 27 y/o with an average record. I actually think Robinsons a pretty shrewd signing given his record and age if we can get an option to buy at the end.
As not a penny of it is my money I would like us to sign all the players we are linked with and have some options all over the place, some will work out some wont. Some players suit formations and style of play better than others, Pukki was snapped up on a free by Norwich as a 'nobody', he aint done too bad! Crack on Albion.......
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2020, 01:28:29 PM »
I might be in the minority (based on social media anyway) but I'm really not fussed about Orsic. I'd rather have a safe and steady proven youngster such as Robinson and a pop at Bowen than a gamble on a 27 y/o with an average record. I actually think Robinsons a pretty shrewd signing given his record and age if we can get an option to buy at the end.

I’m with you on this I think Robinson is the more sensible solution, He’s a solid championship player which we need for the next 6 months to get us up & if we keep him becomes a solid squad player in the prem who gives us an option from the bench. Buying the likes of Orsic really needs to happen early in the summer transfer window as it gives them a full pre-season to get used to the environment, pace of the league etc. Lets not forget these guys are human beings to uproot you & your families life to another country is extremely disruptive, to be expected to do that and come into a new environment and hit the ground running is a massive ask.

Give me Robinson for 6 months & if successful Bowen in the summer over Orsic everyday of the week.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2020, 02:09:07 PM »
Joseph Masi Twitter Account

"Transfer update. Albion are closing in on Callum Robinson with the player at the club's training ground today. There's still interest in Mislav Orsic but Bilic also keen on another forward."
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2020, 02:11:51 PM »
If you find this underwhelming.....you may never be whelmed !!! ;D

Good age and proven in THIS division with a decent scoring record, plus somebody at Sheff Utd also saw enough in him to take him to the PL.  Loan or loan to permanent most likely, so keeps the money in the bank for Bilic's main target (we very rarely give any indication of who we are really after).  He's also played 16 games this season, so shouldn't be coming with zero match fitness as other loans in the past. 

Plus unlike last year we are not desperately trying to find a replacement for Barnes, who was irreplaceable, this is just a squad addition.  Edwards is three years behind in his development on Robinson, and i'm sure Billic see's him as an impact sub. 

I'll take that, thank you very much.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2020, 03:47:11 PM »
CR having his medical at moment so might get announced tonight.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2020, 03:52:17 PM »

I don't doubt you Gazberg but how do you know that?
MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2020, 03:53:46 PM »
Was on the Athletic sorry.

I'm not at all ITK sadly.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2020, 05:20:31 PM »
Sounds like we are going to get this one over the line. As long as it's a loan move i'm happy enough. It's not neceserily a season defining signing in the way Barnes/Gayle felt like last year, but Robinson does have the ability to play up front, behind the front man or possibly as a wide forward/winger (probably more in the role Phillips deploys in for us rather than an out and out winger like Diangana).

He has an ok goal scoring record at this level and will provide competition/options to our forward plays, as well as a boost for the Luton game.

I think i'd have been very happy had this been a signing we made in the summer (in place of Zohore for instance), but if it were permanent now then it would potentially be a bit short sighted.

It definitely feels like a sensible transfer, even if it does slightly lack imagination. Possibly not a bad thing mid season though.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:05:33 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2020, 05:27:48 PM »
Happy with this as a loan deal. Lad has a proven record at this level and his versatility will keep everyone on their toes.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2020, 05:52:41 PM »

I think they may well wait until tomorrow before any announcement, as it might be a bit of a distraction to tonight's build up to the game,but don't hold me to it  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2020, 06:04:30 PM »
YEs i would say you are right. Forgot there was a game on tonight at time of posting.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2020, 11:10:59 PM »
Apparently seen scaling a wall near to Walsall Rd and running up the M6 around 9:55pm.....
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2020, 12:08:30 AM »
Apparently seen scaling a wall near to Walsall Rd and running up the M6 around 9:55pm.....
...and passed by Hilton Park about midnight. That’s one hell of a fitness test.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

bartleygreen baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2020, 09:04:33 AM »
Official now

https://twitter.com/wba/status/1222444570404904960?s=21

"Callum Robinson today joins Albion on loan from Sheffield United until the end of the season.

The 24-year-old arrives at The Hawthorns having made 16 Premier League appearances this campaign, notably netting at Stamford Bridge as the Blades came from two goals down to earn a draw.

A Republic of Ireland international, Callum played regular Sky Bet Championship football for Preston North End in his three permanent seasons at Deepdale, before making the move to Bramall Lane in the summer.

A versatile forward who has been capped for his country on 12 occasions, Robinson came through Aston Villa’s academy before loan spells at Preston, Bristol City, and a second stint with the Lilywhites, helped earn him a permanent deal in Lancashire."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:08:43 AM by Political Cake »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Callum Robinson signs on loan
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2020, 09:09:57 AM »
Glad we've got one over the line. Hopefully he can give us a lift going into the weekends game and help us stop the rot. 3 points are so badly needed.
Boing Boing

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2020, 09:10:18 AM »
I dont think he will be a bad loan signing.

Just hope he gets supported being ex-Villa

Pace and can finish, something weve been lacking upfront
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2020, 09:10:53 AM »
Welcome to the club Callum! Needed you yesterday..
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2020, 09:21:18 AM »
Glad to see someone through the door to hopefully ensure we do not start Edwards again any time soon.

Need more.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2020, 09:23:41 AM »
First of of at least 3 hopefully.

Welcome to the club Callum.