Author Topic: "Drinks Break" Farce  (Read 5671 times)

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

"Drinks Break" Farce
« on: July 07, 2020, 08:44:03 PM »
Now that we know what the rules are then eh? Absolute joke...

https://twitter.com/Dan87uk/status/1280586098826190848?s=20

I expect Bilic to have the tactics board out tomorrow ready.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 08:51:25 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: "Drinks Break" Farce
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 08:54:05 PM »
Was only a matter of time and Brentford seem to be the luvvies of the champo so nothing will happen.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 08:56:25 PM »
Was only a matter of time and Brentford seem to be the luvvies of the champo so nothing will happen.

If the love in was any stronger on Sky then Jeff and Sue on soccer special this evening may aswell have put on some Brentford shirts... It's been this way for a while now with the stage set for the "Plucky Little Brentford" storyline.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 09:06:41 PM »
They need to do away with these breaks, but I’m don’t understand the outrage at this.

“Competitive sports team try’s to find an edge”

Fair play to Brentford, there is a lot to admire about their club, manager and squad at the moment.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 11:03:48 PM »
Weird eh? We’ve gone from everyone covering their mouths, to magnetic boards for all to see.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 12:05:06 AM »
They need to do away with these breaks, but I’m don’t understand the outrage at this.

Fair play to Brentford, there is a lot to admire about their club, manager and squad at the moment.

Would there have been anything against one of the Charlton players  just loitering around near the Brentford team-chat while having his water; or are both teams told to stay in specific areas.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 06:53:18 AM »
Would there have been anything against one of the Charlton players  just loitering around near the Brentford team-chat while having his water; or are both teams told to stay in specific areas.

Then the old 'social distancing' ploy comes into play
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 08:20:23 AM »
Every team has been doing this, Frank took it one step further with the tactics board but if you think Bilic spends the drinks break asking the lads what they're having for tea then you're wrong.

Win our games.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 08:32:57 AM »
If the love in was any stronger on Sky then Jeff and Sue on soccer special this evening may aswell have put on some Brentford shirts... It's been this way for a while now with the stage set for the "Plucky Little Brentford" storyline.

It reminds me of the season we finished 8th in the Pl under Clarke, playing some great stuff but all the talk was of Michael Laudrup's Swansea (who finished below us but won the league cup).
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 08:42:53 AM »

They won't do away with the breaks for a couple of reasons.
Coronavirus safety - they can't just chuck any old bottle on for someone to have a quick drink when there's a short break in play. It all has to be properly organised, no doubt with pre-prepared individual bottles for each player.
Summer months - It's July and we could be having temps in the late 70's. It's more consistent to say there will be a drinks break rather than considering whether it's warm enough at a certain time to need one. 

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 08:46:51 AM »
It reminds me of the season we finished 8th in the Pl under Clarke, playing some great stuff but all the talk was of Michael Laudrup's Swansea (who finished below us but won the league cup).

Ideally, I think the Premier League would like to see Leeds, Brentford & Forest promoted.

Leeds, a former giant

Forest, a former European Cup winner

Brentford, the cinderella Club.

All makes good TV viewing next season.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 08:55:17 AM »
Ideally, I think the Premier League would like to see Leeds, Brentford & Forest promoted.

Leeds, a former giant

I’d agree with that, the last thing they would want is us stinking the place house given the neutral probably still associates us with Pulis ball.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 09:11:38 AM »
I’d agree with that, the last thing they would want is us stinking the place house given the neutral probably still associates us with Pulis ball.

they won't mind us, good cannon fodder to gift to the golden 6
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 09:11:58 AM »

Leeds, a former giant

Bang on, especially regarding the first two, and it's in the referee's mind every time he covers their games.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 09:21:55 AM »
This is getting silly. The first time all season we come under any serious pressure and we've turned to conspiracy theories loosely based around a bloke who hasn't been our manager for almost three years.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 09:32:56 AM »
Every team has been doing this, Frank took it one step further with the tactics board but if you think Bilic spends the drinks break asking the lads what they're having for tea then you're wrong.

Win our games.

That's it. Entirely.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 09:34:39 AM »
Also I don't give a monkeys about whether the luvvies like us or not.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 11:31:13 AM »
This is getting silly. The first time all season we come under any serious pressure and we've turned to conspiracy theories loosely based around a bloke who hasn't been our manager for almost three years.

I didn't mention any ex manager of ours.

I'm just saying, of the teams likely to be promoted, Leeds, Forest & Brentford would probably be the ones that would attract the biggest TV audiences.

Fulham, Cardiff, Derby & WBA all have recent history in the Prem, & as such, would not be that attractive.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 12:53:27 PM »
I'm not sure who or what the "luvvies" are, but if its referring to the national media, you have to expect that a smallish club that suddenly does well against established football names, is bound to be getting extra publicity. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 01:17:37 PM »
It's not the fact that they get coverage that rankles people, it's the rose-tinted glasses they try and force people to view through.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 02:04:08 PM »
Now that we know what the rules are then eh? Absolute joke...

https://twitter.com/Dan87uk/status/1280586098826190848?s=20

I expect Bilic to have the tactics board out tomorrow ready.

No issue with this whatsoever.

Fair play to them.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »
No issue with this whatsoever.

Fair play to them.

I agree, same with the spygate situation last week. The football system is rotten at the core already. It hasn’t been the beautiful game since I was a kid (and the early/mid 90’s as an Albion fans was hardly beautiful bar ossie....who Rembers that horrible mid week at Grimsby when killbane was sold?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2020, 04:14:26 PM »
I don't understand the need for a drinks/tactics break tonight. West Bromwich's weather forecast for today is 16 degrees with an 84% chance of rain at kick off. It's not exactly like they're playing in the Sahara. I remember some time ago it was mooted that football be broken down to more slots to garner more money via advertising. I know they're not doing that but this may end up being a precursor. The 'new norm' ?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2020, 04:48:34 PM »
I don't understand the need for a drinks/tactics break tonight. West Bromwich's weather forecast for today is 16 degrees with an 84% chance of rain at kick off. It's not exactly like they're playing in the Sahara. I remember some time ago it was mooted that football be broken down to more slots to garner more money via advertising. I know they're not doing that but this may end up being a precursor. The 'new norm' ?

Smethdan, you are spot on. I used to live and work in California. All the ball games were live on tele - as I recall football (not soccer) we used to get approx 20 mins in the hour of play. it does appear to be coming here.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2020, 11:41:56 PM »

I watch a lot of Spanish games, some kick off at 9pm so 10pm over there, their drinks break in the second half is around 11.30pm !!

Personally I think it will become the norm due to money spinning adverts and also to allow more games to be played overseas in places such as the middle east with the coming World Cup in Qatar being the first of many.