Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 245872 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #775 on: June 27, 2020, 10:16:45 AM »
I’m not remotely bothered about whether he wears an NHS badge or not.

I’m more concerned that he doesn’t appear to have a very good balance - he plays like he’s drunk. Furthermore, he is not the communicating centre half we need him to be. We need someone to Marshall the back four and those in front and we do not have that.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #776 on: June 27, 2020, 10:53:50 AM »
I’m not remotely bothered about whether he wears an NHS badge or not.

I’m more concerned that he doesn’t appear to have a very good balance - he plays like he’s drunk. Furthermore, he is not the communicating centre half we need him to be. We need someone to Marshall the back four and those in front and we do not have that.

I agree I don't want to disappear down the rabbit hole of symbols and badges etc...

Hegazi never really fills me with a great deal of confidence as for being a talker I prefer Bartley, which I know is regarded as a mortal sin by some on here.

That said I couldn't help but cast an envious glance at Ethan Pinnock  who I thought had an excellent game last night .
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 11:13:37 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #777 on: June 27, 2020, 02:49:30 PM »
Regards the NHS badge, did Salah wear it? If so I would suggest LGBT+ element of it is not the reason.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #778 on: June 27, 2020, 04:05:26 PM »
Regards the NHS badge, did Salah wear it? If so I would suggest LGBT+ element of it is not the reason.

Different badge in the Premier League to Championship. PL is a blue love heart with NHS on and Championship is NHS logo with a rainbow above.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #779 on: June 27, 2020, 04:06:49 PM »
Different badge in the Premier League to Championship. PL is a blue love heart with NHS on and Championship is NHS logo with a rainbow above.

Cheers.

Probably that then  ;D

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #780 on: June 27, 2020, 04:38:38 PM »
His times over with us now move him on

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #781 on: June 27, 2020, 05:35:30 PM »

Totally agree. That was his worst shift for us yesterday, shocking.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #782 on: June 27, 2020, 05:42:57 PM »
Bizarre appraisal of a perfectly acceptable central defensive performance.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #783 on: June 27, 2020, 05:47:25 PM »
Bizarre appraisal of a perfectly acceptable central defensive performance.

He didnt put a foot wrong with the exception of the goal where at least 3 others were equally to blame.

God knows what some people see.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #784 on: June 27, 2020, 05:53:01 PM »
He didnt put a foot wrong with the exception of the goal where at least 3 others were equally to blame.

God knows what some people see.
I thought he had quite a solid game AFTER the error for the goal.....but that goal was actually pretty important?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #785 on: June 27, 2020, 05:55:10 PM »

Not sure how you come to that conclusion liver.......he read the game quite well yesterday I thought.

Admittedly he let Watkins drift behind him for the goal but its a bit hard to blame him for it. Foster had the cross covered but I think it was Ajayi who changed the balls trajectory which allowed Watkins to put it in. We had several chances to stop that attack before the ball was even received for the cross and there are a couple of players who need to look at themselves for that.

I feel a lot more confident with him in defence.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 05:58:36 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #786 on: June 27, 2020, 05:56:24 PM »
Not sure how you come to that conclusion liver.......he read the game quite well yesterday I thought. Admittedly he let Watkins drift behind him for the goal but its a bit hard to blame him for it. Foster had the cross covered but I think it was Ajayi who changed the balls trajectory which allowed Watkins to put it in.

I feel a lot more confident with him in defence.

I wish it was Foster 😭

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #787 on: June 27, 2020, 06:12:14 PM »
I wish it was Foster 😭

My mistake, Johnstone of course.....

Foster would have got it!
MAGA!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #788 on: June 27, 2020, 06:12:44 PM »
Based on the season performances so far,see you later

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #789 on: June 27, 2020, 06:31:46 PM »
Based on the season performances so far,see you later

He's played 10 games. Who scored rate him over 6.5 out 10 over those games including 3 excellent performances scored over 7.

Just 1 indicator.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #790 on: June 27, 2020, 06:46:46 PM »
I thought he was fine last night. Not to blame for the goal, neither was the keeper. The very slight deflection made a massive impact on the outcome.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #791 on: June 27, 2020, 07:26:57 PM »
He literally did nothing wrong last night. Goal wasn't his fault, though there was a chance he could have saved us with a last ditch effort like he did second half. Head and shoulders above Bartley on the ball, and I'll forgive him in terms of set piece threat because we've only put 1 good corner in since the restart.

Strange how people see things. Gibbs is another one getting unjustified stick for no real reason.

saltnshake

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #792 on: June 27, 2020, 09:17:20 PM »
Interesting stat Hegazi  has started 5 of our 6 league defeats so it is clearly all his fault :)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #793 on: June 27, 2020, 09:53:07 PM »
Interesting stat Hegazi  has started 5 of our 6 league defeats so it is clearly all his fault :)

One of those freak statistics. Interestingly in those five games we've scored only once.  :o

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #794 on: June 27, 2020, 10:10:22 PM »
He's played 10 games. Who scored rate him over 6.5 out 10 over those games including 3 excellent performances scored over 7.

Just 1 indicator.
Played in most of our defeats though Boro,Stoke,Brentford,Cardiff and started against Wigan though tells you everything you need to know really.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #795 on: June 27, 2020, 10:16:21 PM »
Played in most of our defeats though Boro,Stoke,Brentford,Cardiff and started against Wigan though tells you everything you need to know really.

Exactly. He's unreliable and doesn't have the concentration or desire required to defend properly without switching off and making big mistakes. He's also useless at attacking set pieces and likes to hog possession of the ball at the back slowing down the play. The biggest contribution he's made was his penalty miss in the playoff's against Villa last season.

saltnshake

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #796 on: June 27, 2020, 10:19:13 PM »

One of those freak statistics. Interestingly in those five games we've scored only once.  :o
Yes i'm not Hegazi's biggest fan but my only real criticism is with him in the team i think we play slightly deeper  which could explain why we find it more difficult to score when he plays also we never really look like scoring from Set pieces when he and Ajayi  play together.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #797 on: June 27, 2020, 10:27:30 PM »

No it doesn't. One of those defeats he went off injured at 0-0 so effectively it was Ajayi / Bartley partnering  for that defeat.

Another one was when Sawyers was suspended and our midfield disrupted in two positions because Livermore had to alter his role to accommodate Harper.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #798 on: June 27, 2020, 11:16:03 PM »

So did many other players in our team so it tells me absolutely nothing to be honest.......not sure what your point is here.
MAGA!

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #799 on: June 28, 2020, 08:16:33 AM »
Needs to be dropped next game. People can say all they want about Bartley as a player but Ajayi and Bartley are a better partnership than Ajayi and Hegazi.