Author Topic: 2019-2020 Season Tickets  (Read 33292 times)

cad

• WBA Newbie

Re: 2019-2020 Season Tickets
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2019, 07:03:46 PM »
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I don't think the loyalty points shouldn't be an issue.

New season ticket holders will get 1000 points which will be available immediately.
Renewing season ticket holders will get a further 500 points, but not until next season.

Those affected by this will be people that have not got a season ticket this season, but still have some points from attending games, but less than 1000. Looking at the points needed for recent away games, the first tickets are being released at around 1600 points, so having less than 1000 points means you will be waiting for the tickets to go on general sale anyway.

So for leeiswba I don't think there will be an issue.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2019, 10:40:56 AM »
Just checked with the ticket office & the cut-off date for guaranteed seat season ticket renewals is definitely 30th April.
After that all tickets will go on general sale at a higher price.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2019, 03:48:45 PM »
I’ve had my ticket since 1981 but ain’t buying one this early. Disgraceful tactic in my view.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 12:12:46 PM »
Just a thought but your loyalty points for buying an away ticket, or home cup game etc, are not added to your total until AFTER the game has occured so allocating points for purchasing a season ticket before the season starts seems to be a bit more than counter intuative and perhaps against their exisiting criteria or rules? 
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 01:44:14 PM »
The prices for season tickets are good but I do have an issue about buying them so early. My biggest gripe, though, is the number of matches that we have to miss because of games being rescheduled for effing Sky and BT. It wouldn’t be so bad if any team was moved no more than once to a home Friday or Monday night. Even a late Saturday kick off can be a pain if one has other things arranged for that Saturday night. I am so fed up of all this moved for TV nonsense that I am seriously considering not renewing at all. We come quite a long distance to matches and the night matches are particularly awkward to get to. We, the fans, are being taken for granted by the EFL and the clubs, it’s about time a stand was taken against the TV companies, although I doubt anything will be done because, as always, money talks and we count for very little.

I have been going to watch my local non-league team more lately and it is a good afternoon out. Cheap admission, good beer and I’m home 15 minutes after the full time whistle. The football is not bad, either.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 05:17:11 PM »
The heartfelt letter that sums up West Brom fans’ frustrations

I think a rethink is the very least the club can do to keep the fanbase onside

Sorce: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heartfelt-letter-sums-up-west-15918602
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2019, 07:49:53 PM »
I’m glad that a few people do agree with my feelings as I thought I was in the minority at the start

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2019, 07:57:08 PM »
I’m glad that a few people do agree with my feelings as I thought I was in the minority at the start

I think what's upset most fans is the way, it's been railroaded through.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 08:47:07 PM »

Far from the minority to be honest
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2019, 06:32:51 AM »
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I don't think the loyalty points shouldn't be an issue.

New season ticket holders will get 1000 points which will be available immediately.
Renewing season ticket holders will get a further 500 points, but not until next season.

Those affected by this will be people that have not got a season ticket this season, but still have some points from attending games, but less than 1000. Looking at the points needed for recent away games, the first tickets are being released at around 1600 points, so having less than 1000 points means you will be waiting for the tickets to go on general sale anyway.

So for leeiswba I don't think there will be an issue.

There won't be any 'New' season ticket holders on April 30th, only renewing season ticket holders.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2019, 08:06:06 AM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/february/prices-frozen-for-early-bird-season-ticket-offer/

Prices frozen if renewed by end of April.  ;D

Albion today launch an Early Bird offer which gives fans the chance to book season-tickets for the 2019/20 campaign at this season’s prices.

Our prices for the current Sky Bet Championship campaign have been welcomed by Baggies fans and acclaimed by supporters throughout the league - and here’s your chance to book next season’s seat at the same price.

Existing and new season-ticket holders can guarantee themselves the cheapest price to watch Albion at The Hawthorns by booking their seat by the Early Bird deadline of 5pm on Tuesday, April 30.

After the deadline all unsold seats, including those not renewed, will be released for general sale in the summer window at a higher price, regardless of division.

If you’re an Extra Early Bird and buy before Saturday, March 30 you’ll be automatically entered into a draw to win back the cost of your season ticket!

You can renew by visiting the Ticket Office, calling 0121 227 2227 or online here.

Payment options
•In full with cash (Ticket Office only) or credit/debit card
•Spread the cost over 9 months interest free with Albion Mastercard
•Spread the cost via Direct Debit

In addition anyone buying a 19/20 season-ticket during the Early Bird window will automatically receive 1,000 of next season’s loyalty points for additional priority for all remaining 18/19 matches. Renewing season-ticket holders will receive a further 500 loyalty points ahead of the 19/20 season.

Prices start from £329 for adults and remain just £49 for Under-11s.

Please note there have been changes to concession price eligibility criteria.
•All Under-11 season-tickets must be purchased with an Under-23, adult or senior season-ticket
•The senior price category is now for fans aged 65+. All existing senior season-ticket holders will qualify for the senior price regardless of their age when purchasing in the Early Bird window
•Students must now present a letter from their educational institution confirming their full time student status to qualify for the concession price

Wow Albion - looks like you are pushing me to renew the seat I have had for 19 years by the fellow baggies I have got to know really well through good times and bad - it’s been great but I’ll probably be better off to choose my games next season, premier league ain’t all that anyway if we were somehow to go up.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2019, 08:09:46 AM »
There won't be any 'New' season ticket holders on April 30th, only renewing season ticket holders.

I think you will find that seats not allocated to existing STH's are available for sale as seasons tickets for next season now.
Existing season tickets not renewed by 30th April will then be available for general sale.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2019, 08:18:18 AM »

Wouldn't be so sure about that.............

'Existing and new season-ticket holders can guarantee themselves the cheapest price to watch Albion at The Hawthorns by booking their seat by the Early Bird deadline of 5pm on Tuesday, April 30'

....... reads to me like the early bird's open to new HSTHs too who'll presumably have to wait until former renewals are in before getting first dibs on unclaimed seats.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2019, 08:27:34 AM »
Wouldn't be so sure about that.............

'Existing and new season-ticket holders can guarantee themselves the cheapest price to watch Albion at The Hawthorns by booking their seat by the Early Bird deadline of 5pm on Tuesday, April 30'

....... reads to me like the early bird's open to new HSTHs too who'll presumably have to wait until former renewals are in before getting first dibs on unclaimed seats.

There's loads of unsold STH seats already, there wouldn't be any advantage by waiting until after 30th April.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2019, 08:41:59 AM »
There's loads of unsold STH seats already, there wouldn't be any advantage by waiting until after 30th April.

I know and I didn't suggest there would be.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2019, 10:51:46 AM »
I've just renewed mine. Changed stands, decided to have a change so I'm going in the West Stand next season. At least I don't have to sit there looking at it thinking "that stand really lets our stadium down".

I'm sitting here now thinking "I hope we don't get a manager that sticks everyone behind the ball and bores us all season".

I'm in a bit of a moaning mood this morning so I think I'm maybe thinking a bit more negatively than I really should be.

Whatever, come first game of next season I'll be buzzing again, full of hope and anticipation. You'd think I'd have learned by now wouldn't you?  ;)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2019, 10:56:59 AM »
I've just renewed mine. Changed stands, decided to have a change so I'm going in the West Stand next season. At least I don't have to sit there looking at it thinking "that stand really lets our stadium down".

I'm sitting here now thinking "I hope we don't get a manager that sticks everyone behind the ball and bores us all season".

I'm in a bit of a moaning mood this morning so I think I'm maybe thinking a bit more negatively than I really should be.

Whatever, come first game of next season I'll be buzzing again, full of hope and anticipation. You'd think I'd have learned by now wouldn't you?  ;)

Flask and tartan blanket in hand as well?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2019, 11:01:34 AM »
Flask and tartan blanket in hand as well?

I ain't that old.

I tried it last night to see if I'd like it and the view was very good so decided to give it a whirl. I did see two people singing so it didn't seem much different to where I am now in the East Stand.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2019, 08:50:08 PM »

Where have you moved from?

Been in the West Stand a couple of times for non-competitive games. There's an advantage that it's close to the pitch & the players, but it's a bit cramped.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2019, 08:58:10 PM »

Where have you moved from?

Been in the West Stand a couple of times for non-competitive games. There's an advantage that it's close to the pitch & the players, but it's a bit cramped.

Moved from the East Stand. It seems a bit more intimate (if that's the right word) being closer to the pitch, not too low that you don't get a decent perspective though being in back row but one.

There's not a lot of room I admit but at around 5'10" it's OK for me. Not sure how you'd cope if you're 6 foot plus though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:00:35 PM by Atomic »

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2019, 10:01:42 PM »
Throughout the years I've sat in all the stands but now I usually sit in the Halfords when I go. As you say, great view and you get a good view of the players/management, but there isn't much leg room. I'm 6' 5" and it's ok when someone small sits either side, but when someone else tall sits by me it's a nightmare. That and when the ST holder in the next seat thinks he's superior because he's older and I'm only there for one game, so he sits open legged and with his hands deep in his coat pocket so his elbows dig into your side... Apart from that it's great.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2019, 11:26:37 PM »
My dad moved to the Halfords a couple of years ago, so I find myself in there every so often, I find it to be too low and extremely cramped, best place I've found in there is the Smethwick corner. Food and drink is superb though  8) .
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2019, 10:47:33 AM »
Throughout the years I've sat in all the stands but now I usually sit in the Halfords when I go. As you say, great view and you get a good view of the players/management, but there isn't much leg room. I'm 6' 5" and it's ok when someone small sits either side, but when someone else tall sits by me it's a nightmare. That and when the ST holder in the next seat thinks he's superior because he's older and I'm only there for one game, so he sits open legged and with his hands deep in his coat pocket so his elbows dig into your side... Apart from that it's great.

I stand towards the back of the Smethwick but occasionally sit in the Halfords for Cup and youth games. I'm only a shade over 5 ft 8 but when somebody sits in front of me even my knees are cramped when they take their seat, if they proceed to lean back it's far worse. My wife used to have a season ticket in the Halfords. If she wears two pairs of socks, stands on tip toes and brings a step ladder she's about 5 ft 1 and she had similar problems. While the views are good even the concourse is cramped before kick off and at half time. I call it the Lilliput Stand and if I were 6 ft 5 there's absolutely no way you'd get me in there. While it still serves a purpose the Halfords lay out and proportions really aren't that great.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2019, 10:55:33 AM »
I stand towards the back of the Smethwick but occasionally sit in the Halfords for Cup and youth games. I'm only a shade over 5 ft 8 but when somebody sits in front of me even my knees are cramped when they take their seat, if they proceed to lean back it's far worse. My wife used to have a season ticket in the Halfords. If she wears two pairs of socks, stands on tip toes and brings a step ladder she's about 5 ft 1 and she had similar problems. While the views are good even the concourse is cramped before kick off and at half time. I call it the Lilliput Stand and if I were 6 ft 5 there's absolutely no way you'd get me in there. While it still serves a purpose the Halfords lay out and proportions really aren't that great.

The concourse doesn't bother me at all. I get to the ground an hour before kick off then I don't go down to the concourse until full time, even then I dawdle my way out so there's hardly anyone there.

The stand does need rebuilding but I've been harping on about that for years. For anyone over six foot tall it's barely fit for purpose.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2019, 03:08:08 PM »
I wonder if this manager shennanigans has had any effect on the earlybird season ticket sales.
I haven't renewed mine yet, but then again I always make them wait until the last possible minute for the money.