Author Topic: 2019-2020 Season Tickets  (Read 33529 times)

Powelly

• Reserve Baggie

2019-2020 Season Tickets
« on: February 28, 2019, 12:23:32 PM »
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2019/february/prices-frozen-for-early-bird-season-ticket-offer/

Prices frozen if renewed by end of April.  ;D

Albion today launch an Early Bird offer which gives fans the chance to book season-tickets for the 2019/20 campaign at this season’s prices.

Our prices for the current Sky Bet Championship campaign have been welcomed by Baggies fans and acclaimed by supporters throughout the league - and here’s your chance to book next season’s seat at the same price.

Existing and new season-ticket holders can guarantee themselves the cheapest price to watch Albion at The Hawthorns by booking their seat by the Early Bird deadline of 5pm on Tuesday, April 30.

After the deadline all unsold seats, including those not renewed, will be released for general sale in the summer window at a higher price, regardless of division.

If you’re an Extra Early Bird and buy before Saturday, March 30 you’ll be automatically entered into a draw to win back the cost of your season ticket!

You can renew by visiting the Ticket Office, calling 0121 227 2227 or online here.

Payment options
•In full with cash (Ticket Office only) or credit/debit card
•Spread the cost over 9 months interest free with Albion Mastercard
•Spread the cost via Direct Debit

In addition anyone buying a 19/20 season-ticket during the Early Bird window will automatically receive 1,000 of next season’s loyalty points for additional priority for all remaining 18/19 matches. Renewing season-ticket holders will receive a further 500 loyalty points ahead of the 19/20 season.

Prices start from £329 for adults and remain just £49 for Under-11s.

Please note there have been changes to concession price eligibility criteria.
•All Under-11 season-tickets must be purchased with an Under-23, adult or senior season-ticket
•The senior price category is now for fans aged 65+. All existing senior season-ticket holders will qualify for the senior price regardless of their age when purchasing in the Early Bird window
•Students must now present a letter from their educational institution confirming their full time student status to qualify for the concession price

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: 2019-2020 Season Tickets
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 12:39:26 PM »
Lots of other clubs do this, i.e. buy very early to get best prices and the club gets the cash early of course. First time we have done it I think?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 12:41:11 PM »
I have a question.

It says on the website that at the end of the season there ill be a window before tickets go on general sale where you can move to another area of the ground.

If there is a seat available already on the ground plan in another area of the ground can you buy that seat now instead of your old one?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 12:45:00 PM »
I have a question.

It says on the website that at the end of the season there ill be a window before tickets go on general sale where you can move to another area of the ground.

If there is a seat available already on the ground plan in another area of the ground can you buy that seat now instead of your old one?

Don't see why not. It might have to be done in person or over the phone as the web site might not be setup to support that sales process.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 12:47:42 PM »
Don't see why not. It might have to be done in person or over the phone as the web site might not be setup to support that sales process.

It seems to be, I've dabbled a bit just wondering if it'll decline payment when push comes to shove. Guess there's only one way to find out.

Not even sure I want to move yet anyway lol.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 01:00:14 PM »
So basically if 2000 people renew who haven't been to an away game all season they will have priority over people who have been to all away games but not renewed early for play off tickets should we be in it?

Fantastic that is  :-\

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 01:07:04 PM »
So basically if 2000 people renew who haven't been to an away game all season they will have priority over people who have been to all away games but not renewed early for play off tickets should we be in it?

They want to encourage home support I don't see anything wrong with that especially given our fans tend not to bother with games that don't kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. Why would the club care about how many we take away?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »

They want to encourage home support I don't see anything wrong with that especially given our fans tend not to bother with games that don't kick off at 3pm on a Saturday. Why would the club care about how many we take away?

I've missed 7 away games last two seasons, I buy my season ticket in July and won't be able to afford it by the end of April. Do you think it is fair if I miss out on away tickets to someone who hasn't been to an away game just because they renewed their season ticket a couple months earlier?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 01:19:13 PM »
I've missed 7 away games last two seasons, I buy my season ticket in July and won't be able to afford it by the end of April. Do you think it is fair if I miss out on away tickets to someone who hasn't been to an away game just because they renewed their season ticket a couple months earlier?

Now Brentford is gone, I can't see there being need to use loyalty points again this season, unless we end up in the Play Offs against someone with a poor allocation. Play Off Final will get to general sale if we end up in it.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 01:19:33 PM »

Yes. The tickets are for home games which are the clubs concern they won't give a stuff about away games. The club will be trying to attract as many season ticket holders as possible and to do that they are offering an incentive.

You can't please all of the people all of the time no matter what you do but the club have called this right. Yes they may urine off a hundred or so away fans (estimate) but that's a small price to pay for healthy home attendances next season.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 01:25:13 PM »

Now Brentford is gone, I can't see there being need to use loyalty points again this season, unless we end up in the Play Offs against someone with a poor allocation. Play Off Final will get to general sale if we end up in it.

Play off final will be sound.

Derby last game and the play off semi will need them I’d say, I’m struggling to see how anyone can find it fair to be honest, whether the club willl want the revenue for the home game is not what I’m disputing I’m just saying that isn’t fair

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 01:26:31 PM »
Only Albion could launch an early bird offer and end up making people more annoyed.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 01:27:06 PM »

Derby last game and the play off semi will need them I’d say, I’m struggling to see how anyone can find it fair to be honest, whether the club willl want the revenue for the home game is not what I’m disputing I’m just saying that isn’t fair

Agree with you, the incentive is the frozen price, no need to release loyalty points early. Thing is I doubt it will make any difference aside from the 70 odd tickets left for Brentford.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 01:30:36 PM »

You don't think it's fair because it doesn't suit you. Albion are getting a guaranteed £400 (probably on average) from everyone that renews, that should give them priority over those who may / may not renew / buy. Those later sales cannot be guaranteed.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 01:42:41 PM »

You don't think it's fair because it doesn't suit you. Albion are getting a guaranteed £400 (probably on average) from everyone that renews, that should give them priority over those who may / may not renew / buy. Those later sales cannot be guaranteed.

Mate I can see what you mean by Albion’s point of view and I’m not disputing that is their thinking. If  it comes to it I probably will be able to get it before April although it’s not convenient for me at all but I shouldn’t have to do that just to secure away tickets.

You are basically saying that it’s fine for someone who hasn’t been to an away game for two years to get a play off semi final ticket over some one who has missed a handful of away games in that same period just because they brought their season ticket 2 months earlier? I don’t mean from Albion’s point of view I mean you personally.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 01:53:10 PM »
Mate I can see what you mean by Albion’s point of view and I’m not disputing that is their thinking. If  it comes to it I probably will be able to get it before April although it’s not convenient for me at all but I shouldn’t have to do that just to secure away tickets.

You are basically saying that it’s fine for someone who hasn’t been to an away game for two years to get a play off semi final ticket over some one who has missed a handful of away games in that same period just because they brought their season ticket 2 months earlier? I don’t mean from Albion’s point of view I mean you personally.

It's not about me, there are thousands of me and it's not about you there are hundreds of you. It's about what is in the best interests of the club.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 02:15:29 PM »

It's not about me, there are thousands of me and it's not about you there are hundreds of you. It's about what is in the best interests of the club.

Whether or not it’s in the best interests of the club it is still unfair ;D

Another point is that if you don’t renew by 30th April you can also lose your seat on 1st May

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 10:15:56 PM »

Can't see that the away support will increase substantially (even for the away leg of the play-off semi's).
I haven't done the sums, but I'm sure anybody with loyalty points will be guaranteed a ticket for the home leg & the final.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 11:43:56 PM »

Anybody buying a new ticket will get 1500 loyalty points, you will have more.

Anybody renewing will have an extra 1500 loyalty points, possibly more than you, not sure how many of them will want tickets for the Derby or play-off away leg matches though.

It might pay you to get an Albion card, you could pay the minimum amount up to July, & you still get the advantage of the lower price.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2019, 06:59:10 AM »
To be honest mate I probably can just about get it done in April but what about people that can’t. Now even though they have traveled all over the country for two years they could be back of the queue for tickets they deserve. The home leg and final won’t be a problem at all but like I say the derby game and away leg (if we are in the play offs) will be a right struggle and instead of people who deserve to be there going it could be someone who hasn’t traveled away in their lives.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2019, 09:33:50 AM »
To be honest mate I probably can just about get it done in April but what about people that can’t. Now even though they have traveled all over the country for two years they could be back of the queue for tickets they deserve. The home leg and final won’t be a problem at all but like I say the derby game and away leg (if we are in the play offs) will be a right struggle and instead of people who deserve to be there going it could be someone who hasn’t traveled away in their lives.

I'm with you chap. This really hasn't gone down at all well with many members of the wider away day community. Two adult and one full time student ticket which I hadn't budgeted for to pay for by the end of next month. Ironically enough the coffers are a little short because I go to so many away games. Absolutely fuming over this.

And no, I don't want their chuffing credit which is one step away from making season tickets subscription based. Anyone who doesn't understand the problems associated with this please refer to the FSF and issues which were faced by supporters at Hull City. For the inquisitive I won't be sourcing links.

'Borrowed' from the twitter account of an assembly member and former moderator of another forum:

"Loyalty points should be a reward for consistent away support, not a reward for having enough money in your bank account to jump the queue".

Anyway, off to Leeds shortly. Cheers for SFA Albion.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2019, 01:57:33 PM »
It’s a pity that, and I’ll give the Albion the benefit of the doubt here and overlook my cynicism, this well intentioned initiative has backfired.

But it’s not insurmountable, just remove the issue regarding putting seats up for sale if not taken up under the Early Bird scheme, simples, yes?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2019, 02:40:21 PM »
I'm with you chap. This really hasn't gone down at all well with many members of the wider away day community. Two adult and one full time student ticket which I hadn't budgeted for to pay for by the end of next month. Ironically enough the coffers are a little short because I go to so many away games. Absolutely fuming over this.

And no, I don't want their chuffing credit which is one step away from making season tickets subscription based. Anyone who doesn't understand the problems associated with this please refer to the FSF and issues which were faced by supporters at Hull City. For the inquisitive I won't be sourcing links.

'Borrowed' from the twitter account of an assembly member and former moderator of another forum:

"Loyalty points should be a reward for consistent away support, not a reward for having enough money in your bank account to jump the queue".

Anyway, off to Leeds shortly. Cheers for SFA Albion.

Great post as ever Dan. Safe trip tonight, I'm stuck in work until 6. So the 80 inches will have to do.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2019, 04:30:28 PM »
It’s a pity that, and I’ll give the Albion the benefit of the doubt here and overlook my cynicism, this well intentioned initiative has backfired.

But it’s not insurmountable, just remove the issue regarding putting seats up for sale if not taken up under the Early Bird scheme, simples, yes?

I'm not sure they have, seats not taken up under the early bird scheme will still be available for renewal at a higher price until the general sale date in the summer window. (Normally June).

I believe the big issue is the 1500 additional loyalty points for people who renew under the early bird scheme. That puts away supporters who aren't able to take advantage of the EB scheme at a disadvantage for away tickets, particularly for the EOS Derby game & the play-off away leg.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2019, 04:57:26 PM »
I went barmy about people who booked on Baggies Travel getting extra loyalty points, I am going Ape pooh about this and it don't affect me cause I can get mine by the middle of March, it just aye fair in my opinion.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE