Author Topic: Richard Garlick  (Read 46890 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Richard Garlick
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2018, 07:47:37 PM »
 I think the stage might be being prepared for a return
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2018, 07:52:55 PM »
Great news, just what did he do? From the outside looked like plenty of mistakes with contracts and signings
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2018, 08:07:20 PM »
He never filled Ashworths shoes and stood by while the club nosedived. Good riddance.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2018, 10:32:46 PM »
Jenkins is a significant part of the old guard, surely?

He is indeed, but he is in to sort the present mess out. I don't see him there long term, do you?
MAGA!

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2018, 10:40:33 PM »
Don’t really understand why there is so much relief that Garlick has gone myself, seems like he comes in for a lot of unfair stick. Apart from the 12 months or so he was in Sporting and Techincal director role (which he shouldn’t have been given really) he was essentially working in an administrative role and by all accounts he was very good at it. Once Burton arrived and subsequently Hammond I don’t think Garlick was in any kind of decision making position, certainly not to the extent of others. The fact he’s been poached for this role with a Premier League shows how highly regarded he is.

Seemed like a decent enough guy too and someone who would have been good to have around whilst we go through such drastic changes. Not sure how keen I am to see a board made up of Jenkins, a soon to be Chairman who may not be well versed in how to run a football club and a temporary technical consultant. Not surprised Jenkins was trying to convince him to stay.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2018, 11:04:31 PM »
He is indeed, but he is in to sort the present mess out. I don't see him there long term, do you?
Everything I've read since Jenkins returned suggests he's here on more on a permanent than a temporary basis.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2018, 07:19:49 AM »
I think we can put the pitch forks and torches away everyone has been chased out of the club apart from the owners and they aren't going anywhere.

My impression at the outset was that Jenkins was a temporary appointment to steady the ship while the mess was sorted out but I think I was mistaken. Rightly or wrongly he seems to be in the driving seat and at least he has cleared the decks.

Garlick was plainly the wrong person for the DoF job or rather in combination with McDonagh and Clarke he was deadly, however he hasn't been involved in the direct footballing decisions since. There are some huge blunders on signings and the contracts we have given players yet I suspect they were largely driven by Pulis/Hammond and sanctioned by Williams and Goodman of late, otherwise Garlick would not have survived the initial purge.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2018, 09:46:03 AM »
I wish him all the best think he has done a good job perhaps the director of football role didn’t suit him but his strengths as an administrator cannot be ignored .

More so he is part of the Albion fabric along with the like of Moore , Brunt, Dawson , Foster.

I wish him well .

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2021, 12:12:58 PM »
Back to club football

"Director of football Richard Garlick will leave the Premier League to become Arsenal’s new director of football operations, David Ornstein can reveal."

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2021, 09:54:22 AM »
Back to club football

"Director of football Richard Garlick will leave the Premier League to become Arsenal’s new director of football operations, David Ornstein can reveal."

Tempted to check out Arsenal Fan TV to see how they rate the job he's doing so far. But then again I probably won't as no one's ever good enough for them, yet that in itself could prove chuckletastic. Decisions decions. And I'm bored.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2021, 09:56:33 AM »
Tempted to check out Arsenal Fan TV to see how they rate the job he's doing so far. But then again I probably won't as no one's ever good enough for them, yet that in itself could prove chuckletastic. Decisions decions. And I'm bored.

Going well so far  ;D

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2021, 10:15:43 AM »
Going well so far  ;D

I'm no fan of Arsenal. For a once allegedly classy club they've been fairly unclassy for a while, no better exampled than their response to Covid and subsequent transfer splurge.

As for their supporters celebrating like they'd won the Champions League after beating the yoof side........ they came across as prime Vilers. I can only wish them the very worst.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2021, 10:18:33 AM »
I'm no fan of Arsenal. For a once allegedly classy club they've been fairly unclassy for a while, no better exampled than their response to Covid and subsequent transfer splurge.

As for their supporters celebrating like they'd won the Champions League after beating the yoof side........ they came across as prime Vilers. I can only wish them the very worst.

Arsenal used to be my '2nd team' i guess you oculd say as a kid but i agree that their behaviour has been disgusting over the last seasons.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2021, 02:10:04 PM »

I too find Arsenal fans have this very 'superior' attitude which goes beyond how most club fans behave (with obvious exceptions like Man U and Liverpool fans).
Back in the 1970's under George Graham with Tony Adams as captain, they used to be very boring to watch and were even proud of their song 1-0 to the Arsenal. Adams said when he was Wycombe manager 1-0 was his favourite score (puke!). Then Wenger arrived and they got Bergkamp and suddenly they played the best football anywhere.

But for all their great football, they have never won the Champions League, outside England only the Cup Winners Cup and what used to be called the Inter City Fairs Cup.
There are frequent rumours of plundering Ajax, bringing Bergkamp back and most recently replacing Garlick with Overmars as Director of Football, which I sincerely hope Ajax resist. 

It would indeed be fun to watch the fallout if they got relegated this year.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2021, 02:32:50 PM »
I too find Arsenal fans have this very 'superior' attitude which goes beyond how most club fans behave (with obvious exceptions like Man U and Liverpool fans).
Back in the 1970's under George Graham with Tony Adams as captain, they used to be very boring to watch and were even proud of their song 1-0 to the Arsenal. Adams said when he was Wycombe manager 1-0 was his favourite score (puke!). Then Wenger arrived and they got Bergkamp and suddenly they played the best football anywhere.

But for all their great football, they have never won the Champions League, outside England only the Cup Winners Cup and what used to be called the Inter City Fairs Cup.
There are frequent rumours of plundering Ajax, bringing Bergkamp back and most recently replacing Garlick with Overmars as Director of Football, which I sincerely hope Ajax resist. 

It would indeed be fun to watch the fallout if they got relegated this year.

The 70s  ???

Reckon you need to get your flux capacitor looked at  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2021, 03:07:23 PM »
The 70s  ???

Reckon you need to get your flux capacitor looked at  ;D
Give or take a decade, but you get my gist  :D
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2024, 05:00:07 PM »
Appointed Managing Director at Arsenal

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-west-brom-director-lands-28510783

Former West Bromwich Albion director Richard Garlick has been named as the new managing director of Arsenal. Garlick, 47, has been at the Emirates Stadium since spring 2021 and, having previously held the role of director of football operations, he has now been confirmed as the managing director from this coming summer onwards.

Garlick, who replaces outgoing CEO Vinai Venkatesham, spent eight fruitful years at Albion during their time in the Premier League, holding a number of different job titles which ranged from club secretary to sporting director and, latterly, director of football administration.

During Garlick's time on the Albion board, the Baggies consolidated themselves as an established Premier League outfit and he played his role in appointing various managers and signing players during that period. Garlick left in 2018 to become the director of football for the Premier League, before he joined up with Arsenal in 2021.

“Since joining Arsenal in 2021, I’ve had the privilege to be involved with almost every aspect of this incredible club," he said. "I’m excited to take us forward in my new role as we move into the next phase of delivering the vision of our owners, Stan and Josh [Kroenke].

“I’d like to thank the board for the support they’ve given me, and Edu for his support as I pursued this opportunity. I’d also like to thank Vinai for his leadership and contribution to the club over the last 14 years. I look forward to continuing to work with them all as I transition into this new role and drive the club forward.”

Josh Kroenke said of the decision: “Richard is recognised and respected across the industry for his vast experience, and we were delighted when he joined us back in 2021 to take our football strategy to the next level. He has made an enormous impact since joining us, working closely with our Sporting Director, Edu, on the development and implementation of the club’s football strategy.

"He has developed strong relationships right across the club and wider industry. Rich has been key to the progress we’ve made as a club – including recent transfers – and I’m thrilled he will now lead our Executive Team and continue to drive the club forward with passion.”

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2024, 09:57:48 AM »
Appointed Managing Director at Arsenal

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-west-brom-director-lands-28510783

Former West Bromwich Albion director Richard Garlick has been named as the new managing director of Arsenal. Garlick, 47, has been at the Emirates Stadium since spring 2021 and, having previously held the role of director of football operations, he has now been confirmed as the managing director from this coming summer onwards.

Garlick, who replaces outgoing CEO Vinai Venkatesham, spent eight fruitful years at Albion during their time in the Premier League, holding a number of different job titles which ranged from club secretary to sporting director and, latterly, director of football administration.

During Garlick's time on the Albion board, the Baggies consolidated themselves as an established Premier League outfit and he played his role in appointing various managers and signing players during that period. Garlick left in 2018 to become the director of football for the Premier League, before he joined up with Arsenal in 2021.

“Since joining Arsenal in 2021, I’ve had the privilege to be involved with almost every aspect of this incredible club," he said. "I’m excited to take us forward in my new role as we move into the next phase of delivering the vision of our owners, Stan and Josh [Kroenke].

“I’d like to thank the board for the support they’ve given me, and Edu for his support as I pursued this opportunity. I’d also like to thank Vinai for his leadership and contribution to the club over the last 14 years. I look forward to continuing to work with them all as I transition into this new role and drive the club forward.”

Josh Kroenke said of the decision: “Richard is recognised and respected across the industry for his vast experience, and we were delighted when he joined us back in 2021 to take our football strategy to the next level. He has made an enormous impact since joining us, working closely with our Sporting Director, Edu, on the development and implementation of the club’s football strategy.

"He has developed strong relationships right across the club and wider industry. Rich has been key to the progress we’ve made as a club – including recent transfers – and I’m thrilled he will now lead our Executive Team and continue to drive the club forward with passion.”

wasnt he responsible for Pardew, Pulis, Pepe Mel and Irvine???  Not a roll of honour, i don't get it, at all.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!