Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 732481 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #2950 on: June 02, 2019, 07:00:44 PM »
We have Pulis as a recent reminder of what happens when a 'strong' personality runs all over management.

Although if we get a manager with a weak personality the players get to rule the roost.  Can’t have it both ways.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2951 on: June 02, 2019, 07:03:55 PM »
He's available, would you be happy to give him another go?
I would rather stick wasps in my eyes but it's all about opinions.

I’d rather eat my own kidney.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2952 on: June 02, 2019, 07:23:22 PM »
I’d rather eat my own kidney.
With fava beans and a nice Chianti?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2953 on: June 02, 2019, 07:48:57 PM »
With fava beans and a nice Chianti?
That's liver, you eat Kidney with kidney beans and Merlot.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2954 on: June 02, 2019, 08:10:39 PM »
pulis failed at boro last season he outlived his welcome the first time by 18 months we're still saddled with rubbish he signed like burke. He comes back and that me done Trouble is I can see this board with its unending fckwittery appointing him. Day 83 12 weeks this is a micky take

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2955 on: June 02, 2019, 08:14:34 PM »

Sadly Pulis was the cure not the disease. We wouldn't be in the Championship if we'd stuck with him for another 5 months.

Yes we would, the only difference would have been, was we’d have been relegated sooner that season than we already were. Players performances were near on pathetic, they’d given up on him..

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2956 on: June 02, 2019, 08:45:04 PM »
Yes we would, the only difference would have been, was we’d have been relegated sooner that season than we already were. Players performances were near on pathetic, they’d given up on him..

Agreed. I cannot believe, even in the very wildest of jests, we can mention Pulis' name on here.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2957 on: June 02, 2019, 09:34:58 PM »
Agreed. I cannot believe, even in the very wildest of jests, we can mention Pulis' name on here.

Unpopular opinion but I’d have stuck with Pardew. We were going down last season regardless and to be fair to him they weren’t his group of players. I would have given him last summer to rebuild HIS squad, so we are basically in the same position now to where we were then. You don’t become a bad coach overnight and he had quite a bit of success previously at much bigger clubs than ours.

We needed an experienced manager this season and Pardews football isn’t anywhere nearly as bad as what’s served up under Pullis.

Big Dave stringing a few wins together at the end of last year blinded the judgement of the hierarchy then just over half a season later they discovered he was out of his depth.

Biggest problem for Pardew was the senior pros refusing to adapt to what we wanted them to do and the same happened with Pepe Mel when he got hounded out.

Brand new managerial team next season and hopefully a completely different sent of players.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2958 on: June 02, 2019, 09:42:57 PM »
Pulis served his purposes, kept us in the premiership and enabled Peace to get his golden ticket. anyone's guess if we'd have got relegated if the club hadn't sacked him. he was a short term cure but created a long term problem.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2959 on: June 02, 2019, 09:49:13 PM »
Both Pulis and Pardew wanted out themselves at the end of their tenures. Sticking with either of them was not an option. They'd both lost the dressing room.

Anyways, regarding new managers. Nothing new since the laughable Wilder stories. Hoping for some positive news next week..

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2960 on: June 02, 2019, 10:46:31 PM »
Both Pulis and Pardew wanted out themselves at the end of their tenures. Sticking with either of them was not an option. They'd both lost the dressing room.

Anyways, regarding new managers. Nothing new since the laughable Wilder stories. Hoping for some positive news next week..

Give it until 1st July 

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2961 on: June 02, 2019, 10:57:31 PM »
Give it until 1st July
What year  ;D
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2962 on: June 02, 2019, 11:18:19 PM »
I haven't been on here for quite a while now but need some council from fellow supporters of the club we all love, I can honestly say I didn't think it was possible to run the club any worse than Wiliams did during his time but I think Jenkins is having a dam good try.
I Hate myself for even thinking we will get a decent manager and then when we appoint another Alan Irvine spend the next few months in a vile mood, wish I didn't care but we all know that is impossible.
For what it is worth my opinion is we should go for Cowley, if the money is as tight as we think Pearson would come for Peanuts at the moment and do a good job, But I fear it will be Appleton and possible Shakespear. I do hope I'm wrong.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2963 on: June 03, 2019, 12:39:53 AM »
If they don't sort this properly I'm very very close to dropping out for a while.

Sorry, I feel some shame in that but if football is more about business - and business run badly - they can F right off.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2964 on: June 03, 2019, 12:40:47 AM »
taking a look on transfermarkt and I found out that Eduardo Coudet only has 6 months left on his contract and is apparently playing silly buggers with Racing Club. I take a passing interest in the Primera Liga And they've have had a decent run this season and I can't think of a time I've seen a outright bad Coudet team.

Their attacking is fluid and team orientated. pass through the opposition or catch them on the break rather than individual brilliance or relying on crosses, very german in a way. see linky for what I mean, I know it's the Primera and not the greatest quality overall but these are some decent teams they are scoring against, defensively they have been strong as well, preferring to hold from the front rather than sit back as they rely on Lisandro Lopez as one of the main strikers, a man whose currently 36!
https://www.youtube.com/embed/CDEOGC8xQqo

also a tactice article if you want to have a read
https://golazoargentino.com/2018/03/29/chacho-coudets-racing-the-birth-of-a-superliga-modern-classic/

Probably nowhere near what we are looking at or even looking for, but worth a cursory glance and I think he's on for a decent career.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2965 on: June 03, 2019, 07:57:04 AM »
Give it until 1st July

Transfer window closes on August 8th giving new manager barely any time to see what he needs followed by a scartergun last minute rush job for players.

Think there is a few ways this can pan out.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2966 on: June 03, 2019, 08:27:51 AM »
Somebody in the thread above said that we should have stuck with Pardew.  Looking at his history if, by some remote chance, he had got us out of the Championship he would have taken the first offer out of the Albion for a bigger club - his ambition is far, far greater than his talent and he has no emotional connection with WBA.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2967 on: June 03, 2019, 11:02:58 AM »
Somebody in the thread above said that we should have stuck with Pardew.  Looking at his history if, by some remote chance, he had got us out of the Championship he would have taken the first offer out of the Albion for a bigger club - his ambition is far, far greater than his talent and he has no emotional connection with WBA.

who ever said stick with pardew seriously needs mental help.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2968 on: June 03, 2019, 11:51:17 AM »
I'm expecting the announcement of our new head coach this week.

Am I being stupid?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2969 on: June 03, 2019, 11:59:51 AM »
I'm expecting the announcement of our new head coach this week.

Am I being stupid?

What a stupid question.  8)

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2970 on: June 03, 2019, 12:08:23 PM »
I see that Thierry Henry is now second favourite with the bookies to take charge of Swansea. His record as a coach so far is far from impressive so I hope he doesn't get linked with our job too. No doubt his agent is working overtime trying to find him a new job after he was sacked by Monaco.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2971 on: June 03, 2019, 12:18:45 PM »
I see that Thierry Henry is now second favourite with the bookies to take charge of Swansea. His record as a coach so far is far from impressive so I hope he doesn't get linked with our job too. No doubt his agent is working overtime trying to find him a new job after he was sacked by Monaco.
I think that would be a good appointment for us (if he was to go to Swansea) as it takes him off our radar and weakens them further. He's a good pundit but don't think he'll be a great success as a manager.
If Potter had stayed I would have fancied Swansea next season but they are a further step back now he has gone. A bit like us with Moore, they have technically wasted a year.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2972 on: June 03, 2019, 12:46:21 PM »
As long as we have somebody in place by June 23rd when the players come back, its fine with me. Might aswell save on 2 weeks wages if the club's closed.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2973 on: June 03, 2019, 02:04:12 PM »
I see the farce continues.

The links to Wilder are laughable.

He's going to use this as leverage to get himself a new deal and satisfy himself long term as the boardroom fiasco continues in the back ground.

Reminiscent of Alex Neil..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2974 on: June 03, 2019, 03:07:56 PM »
Been on holiday for a week and apart from keeping an eye on the two finals I avoided all football. I'll hazard a guess that we're no closer to appointing a manager than I am about to go up to space?