Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 727605 times)

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #2750 on: May 30, 2019, 12:52:46 PM »
I hope this means hughton is having the rest which has been reported and will takeover officially at the end of June, and we save on the wages.

In the meantime he will add is consent to any potential signings.

But, knowing us we'll wait for him then he'll join boro and we will end up with mickey Mellon.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2751 on: May 30, 2019, 12:54:07 PM »
I hope this means hughton is having the rest which has been reported and will takeover officially at the end of June, and we save on the wages.

In the meantime he will add is consent to any potential signings.

But, knowing us we'll wait for him then he'll join boro and we will end up with mickey Mellon.

Everything points to Labbadia, why do you think it's Hughton?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2752 on: May 30, 2019, 01:13:14 PM »
Anyone who watches the bundesliga know what style / formation Labbadia likes to play?

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2753 on: May 30, 2019, 01:21:04 PM »
Anyone who watches the bundesliga know what style / formation Labbadia likes to play?

4-3-3 according to this

https://footballbh.net/2019/03/29/bruno-labbadia-wolfsburg-bundesliga-tactical-analysis/
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2754 on: May 30, 2019, 01:28:16 PM »
I think his goals for, goals against balance, from which you can tell alot about a manager's playing style, is about average. Obviously alot depends on which players you've got at your disposal.   
I went to see his Hamburger SV team several times when he was last in charge there, and from what I remember, they were fairly tight, tense matches.
But his last game at Wolfsburg he won 8-1.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 01:30:56 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2755 on: May 30, 2019, 01:33:35 PM »
I think his goals for, goals against balance, from which you can tell alot about a manager's playing style, is about average. Obviously alot depends on which players you've got at your disposal.   
I went to see his Hamburger SV team several times when he was last in charge there, and from what I remember, they were fairly tight, tense matches.

His 2nd spell at Hamburg was his least successful in management.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2756 on: May 30, 2019, 02:29:03 PM »

His 2nd spell at Hamburg was his least successful in management.
He came in and saved them from relegation in 2015, then finished 10th the next season. But he had a bad start to 2016-17 which cost him.
Having said that, Hamburg get through managers like there's no tomorrow. Now onto their 6th in 3 years!

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2757 on: May 30, 2019, 02:58:05 PM »
He came in and saved them from relegation in 2015, then finished 10th the next season. But he had a bad start to 2016-17 which cost him.
Having said that, Hamburg get through managers like there's no tomorrow.

i am sure we are not far behind that record
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2758 on: May 30, 2019, 03:09:31 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48457331

Just to put in the mix....
Luciano Spalletti sacked as Inter Milan manager

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2759 on: May 30, 2019, 03:15:54 PM »

We cant even afford alphebeti spaghetti

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2760 on: May 30, 2019, 04:13:54 PM »
So you'd rate him?

I think he would come here and do a good job absolutely.

He has to be backed though

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2761 on: May 30, 2019, 04:36:43 PM »
We cant even afford alphebeti spaghetti

That made me chuckle.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Arthur Pewty

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2762 on: May 30, 2019, 04:41:28 PM »
Lets hope we don't replicate the Paul Williams fiasco and appoint Borat rather than Bruno?

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2763 on: May 30, 2019, 04:50:37 PM »
If he gets the job today he can't do much without the players here, who I understand are on holiday.
I would imagine he needs to assess the players, speak to them, outline his plan for the future then ask who's in and who's off.
Once he's done that he can see what he needs and who's available.
I would imagine that all other players are on holiday as well so he couldn't speak to proposed transfers.
I don't think there's any need to panic yet.

This isn’t really true. He could watch hours of last seasons games. He could talk to backroom staff about the squad. He could ring other managers who had our players on loan last season. He could agree his budget so he knows which ex prem players he can keep or not. He can give Dowling a list of Bundesliga players and other players in Europe that he’d like to sign so the club can see what they’d cost and want in wages and the club can start due diligence on the ones that fit that criteria. He could study the list of players that Dowling has compiled, of all players we can afford and would like so that he could watch videos of them and speak to managers who’ve worked with them. He could get to know the area and find accommodation and check out schools if applicable. Or yes we could wait till everyone arrives back and try and sort it all out in a hurry and then slate him for a poor start and say things like ‘it doesn’t look like he’s bothered preparing for this job’!

jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2764 on: May 30, 2019, 05:16:40 PM »
This isn’t really true. He could watch hours of last seasons games. He could talk to backroom staff about the squad. He could ring other managers who had our players on loan last season. He could agree his budget so he knows which ex prem players he can keep or not. He can give Dowling a list of Bundesliga players and other players in Europe that he’d like to sign so the club can see what they’d cost and want in wages and the club can start due diligence on the ones that fit that criteria. He could study the list of players that Dowling has compiled, of all players we can afford and would like so that he could watch videos of them and speak to managers who’ve worked with them. He could get to know the area and find accommodation and check out schools if applicable. Or yes we could wait till everyone arrives back and try and sort it all out in a hurry and then slate him for a poor start and say things like ‘it doesn’t look like he’s bothered preparing for this job’!

Fantastic post and just shows how much work actually goes on behind the scenes and why it takes so long for things to move when such huge sums of money are involved.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2765 on: May 30, 2019, 05:30:59 PM »

Great post. The sooner the better definitely applies in this case.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2766 on: May 30, 2019, 05:48:06 PM »

There is so much to do.

The squad is so thin.  There are obvious positions that need to be filled no matter who else leaves.  So plenty for new guy to do.

At least the poor fella isn't going to be in the same position as Darren Moore - who didn't have a 'technical director' (ok there was that pointless, exciled Italian guy), assistant manager, at least 1 coach, head of sports science, legal guy for aquisitions, etc. 

This club has and is being run very, very poorly.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2767 on: May 30, 2019, 07:28:16 PM »
That made me chuckle.
Go on twitter ...you could have had a laugh at the same joke hours earlier
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2768 on: May 30, 2019, 07:40:02 PM »

If it's silly season Gattuso has also left AC Milan,  and he could kick the f out the players if they lose.

But, to be honest it sounds like we won't even be able to afford to put the AC on this summer.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:17:46 PM by BalisPen »

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2769 on: May 30, 2019, 07:55:40 PM »
Mods should lock this topic until end of June as club have informed someone at the BBC that they hope to have coach in place by then  :o
The list was reportedly whittled down to four but has now ballooned up to millions apparently my dog rex got a call to be interviewed on June 8 th.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2770 on: May 30, 2019, 08:53:22 PM »

Everything points to Labbadia, why do you think it's Hughton?

It's not that I think it will be him, more that I want it to be him as like SJ he has 2 promotions under his belt.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #2771 on: May 30, 2019, 09:05:32 PM »
All 3 teams that were promoted this season had managers with no championship promotions...let’s try something special ala Bruno

ranvir wba90

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2772 on: May 30, 2019, 09:16:29 PM »
Hope we appoint Labbadia. If we dont, we should look at Mark Robins From Coventry. Has done a good job there, plays decent football.

baggie steve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2773 on: May 30, 2019, 10:55:45 PM »
Hope we appoint Labbadia. If we dont, we should look at Mark Robins From Coventry. Has done a good job there, plays decent football.

Robins has done very well , with a next to nothing budget......
I'd put Grant McCann and Ryan Lowe above him though , with looking at the best prospects from younger managers

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2774 on: May 30, 2019, 11:25:32 PM »
Nobody other than me previously has mentioned Paul cook of wigan.

Lots of promotions the dingle's cv.