Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 727589 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1450 on: April 12, 2019, 11:30:56 PM »
Only from the sheep like you who don't know or understand the game and just want the shiny toy that has come out despite the cost.

Mate I've forgotten more about the game than you've ever known so give it a rest with the sheep diatribe.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1451 on: April 12, 2019, 11:46:26 PM »

Mate I've forgotten more about the game than you've ever known so give it a rest with the sheep diatribe.

Yeah, I am sure you have and obviously you have also forgotten more about Chinese finance too.

Weren't you the one who said lai could not get his money out of China?

Funny how hundreds of other Chinese business's have got their money out, an example being today:

https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2019/04/new-owner-of-lk-bennett-saves-21-stores-shuts-15/

You read something and treat it as gospel without actually seeing if it is true.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1452 on: April 13, 2019, 12:10:33 AM »
Yeah, I am sure you have and obviously you have also forgotten more about Chinese finance too.

Weren't you the one who said lai could not get his money out of China?

Funny how hundreds of other Chinese business's have got their money out, an example being today:

https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2019/04/new-owner-of-lk-bennett-saves-21-stores-shuts-15/

You read something and treat it as gospel without actually seeing if it is true.

Having scanned the attachment it appears to have been bought by a UK company set up by a Chinese business woman. I suspect it's you who doesn't understand the Chinese government's stance, not me.

Educate yourself:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-markets-soft-landing-analysis/china-constricts-capital-outflows-with-eye-on-yuan-stability-idUSKCN1ML1SW

I was one of many who correctly said getting his money out was a problem for him. Hope this helps.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1453 on: April 13, 2019, 12:16:41 AM »

Having scanned the attachment it appears to have been bought by a UK company set up by a Chinese business woman. I suspect it's you who doesn't understand the Chinese government's stance, not me.

Educate yourself:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-markets-soft-landing-analysis/china-constricts-capital-outflows-with-eye-on-yuan-stability-idUSKCN1ML1SW

I was one of many who correctly said getting his money out was a problem for him. Hope this helps.

Here you go again spinning the truth the lady who bought lk bennett is a Chinese woman (from China) who bought a British company out of administration, and she set up a UK company as a vehicle to do it like lai did for buying us.

Do some more research on Ms Feng.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1454 on: April 13, 2019, 12:30:50 AM »
Here you go again spinning the truth the lady who bought lk bennett is a Chinese woman (from China) who bought a British company out of administration, and she set up a UK company as a vehicle to do it like lai did for buying us.

Do some more research on Ms Feng.

So to re-iterate, Feng is the Franchisee (in China) of the company she has just bought out of administration, through a UK company she has set-up. It would have been a disaster for her (and the taxes she pays to the Chinese government) had it fallen into the hands of Dune or Mike Ashley.

If there is a likely gain for China they ease the restrictions. So you tell me, how does the Chinese government benefit from Lai sinking funds into the Albion. There is no 'franchise' club in China that increases it's profits based on how well we do. It's just dead money. I'm not sure if this is just a difficult concept for you to grasp or....

Concerned about capital outflows and the haphazard nature of many outbound deals, the Chinese government last August laid out new criteria for overseas acquisitions, placing investments in sports clubs, cinemas and real estate on a list of “restricted” sectors. Bankers said it might still be possible to get approval to move money out of China for such deals if there was a very good rationale but the authorities were strongly discouraging it.

https://www.ft.com/content/a4c7c12e-53a1-11e9-a3db-1fe89bedc16e

Again, I hope this helps.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1455 on: April 13, 2019, 12:43:27 AM »

So to re-iterate, Feng is the Franchisee (in China) of the company she has just bought out of administration, through a UK company she has set-up. It would have been a disaster for her (and the taxes she pays to the Chinese government) had it fallen into the hands of Dune or Mike Ashley.

If there is a likely gain for China they ease the restrictions. So you tell me, how does the Chinese government benefit from Lai sinking funds into the Albion. There is no 'franchise' club in China that increases it's profits based on how well we do. It's just dead money. I'm not sure if this is just a difficult concept for you to grasp or....

Concerned about capital outflows and the haphazard nature of many outbound deals, the Chinese government last August laid out new criteria for overseas acquisitions, placing investments in sports clubs, cinemas and real estate on a list of “restricted” sectors. Bankers said it might still be possible to get approval to move money out of China for such deals if there was a very good rationale but the authorities were strongly discouraging it.

https://www.ft.com/content/a4c7c12e-53a1-11e9-a3db-1fe89bedc16e

Again, I hope this helps.

It is absolutely shocking how you try to say "if there is likely gain for China they ease the restrictions" like you are one of their policy makers.

You keep on believing that lai can't get his money out but everyone else like at lk bennett and more pertinently ac and inter Milan can.

I'll now leave you to dream about lai getting his vast quantities of money out of China just in time to appoint SJ  on his £2m a year wage to avoid the disaster that awaits us in Alex Neil.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1456 on: April 13, 2019, 12:47:12 AM »
It is absolutely shocking how you try to say "if there is likely gain for China they ease the restrictions" like you are one of their policy makers.

You keep on believing that lai can't get his money out but everyone else like at lk bennett and more pertinently ac and inter Milan can.

I'll now leave you to dream about lai getting his vast quantities of money out of China just in time to appoint SJ  on his £2m a year wage to avoid the disaster that awaits us in Alex Neil.

AC Milan? I suggest you read the last link I posted. Then go and lie down in a dark room and think about your posts for the evening...

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1457 on: April 13, 2019, 12:55:02 AM »
I suggest you try and remember some of that vast knowledge of football that you purport to have forgotten.

The Chinese bought ac milan and wanted millions on the likes of bonnuci and then ran out of money as the cheap loans in China dried up like they did for the vile's Dr x.

And like they have for Lai.

It was a leveraged purchase and they whole plan was to service the debt with anticipated profits from premiership football.

But, obviously you knew that but like you said you've forgotten.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 12:57:34 AM by BalisPen »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1458 on: April 13, 2019, 01:11:33 AM »
I suggest you try and remember some of that vast knowledge of football that you purport to have forgotten.

The Chinese bought ac milan and wanted millions on the likes of bonnuci and then ran out of money as the cheap loans in China dried up like they did for the vile's Dr x.

And like they have for Lai.

It was a leveraged purchase and they whole plan was to service the debt with anticipated profits from premiership football.

But, obviously you knew that but like you said you've forgotten.

Or, what actually happened:

Football industry executives say the curbs on outbound investment made it difficult for Chinese owners to inject further cash into their often lossmaking clubs and killed hopes that they could raise further funds in China through initial public offerings, bank loans or the extensive shadow banking system.

Li Yonghong, the previously unknown Chinese businessman who acquired AC Milan from Silvio Berlusconi for €740m in April last year, this month lost control of the club to US hedge fund Elliott Management after failing to repay high-interest loans of more than €300m.

Lai spent approx $192 million, Albion's pre-tax Premier League profits would have taken 7-10 years to service that debt.

There was a bubble, it burst, nobody has run out of cash.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1459 on: April 13, 2019, 01:21:22 AM »

Or, what actually happened:

Football industry executives say the curbs on outbound investment made it difficult for Chinese owners to inject further cash into their often lossmaking clubs and killed hopes that they could raise further funds in China through initial public offerings, bank loans or the extensive shadow banking system.

Li Yonghong, the previously unknown Chinese businessman who acquired AC Milan from Silvio Berlusconi for €740m in April last year, this month lost control of the club to US hedge fund Elliott Management after failing to repay high-interest loans of more than €300m.

Lai spent approx $192 million, Albion's pre-tax Premier League profits would have taken 7-10 years to service that debt.

There was a bubble, it burst, nobody has run out of cash.

This is what I don't understand about your constant comments, you actually write in a way like you have a hot line to the actual people in charge like president xi and Lai and they have personally assured you that lai has got money and it is xi stopping him from spending it.

But, then Xi rings you to explain why he let the takeover of lk bennett.

How do you know that no one has run out of money, you don't know how much he has or hasn't got, you just like making excuses for him not investing, but you still want the £2m a year manager.

Back to Google now for your next insight.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1460 on: April 13, 2019, 01:35:53 AM »
This is what I don't understand about your constant comments, you actually write in a way like you have a hot line to the actual people in charge like president xi and Lai and they have personally assured you that lai has got money and it is xi stopping him from spending it.

But, then Xi rings you to explain why he let the takeover of lk bennett.

How do you know that no one has run out of money, you don't know how much he has or hasn't got, you just like making excuses for him not investing, but you still want the £2m a year manager.

Back to Google now for your next insight.

Yet you are suggesting the opposite,  with equal force, have you heard of irony? Alanis Morrisette never really understood it, might have helped her to read the quoted post.

We don't need a cash injection to get a decent manager. £2 million a year will not hurt the club. It's another £40k a week player. Or the equivalent of Gareth Barry. I know what I'd prefer.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1461 on: April 13, 2019, 01:44:39 AM »
FFS can we just get back to who the next manager is and why

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1462 on: April 13, 2019, 01:45:51 AM »

Yet you are suggesting the opposite,  with equal force, have you heard of irony? Alanis Morrisette never really understood it, might have helped her to read the quoted post.

We don't need a cash injection to get a decent manager. £2 million a year will not hurt the club. It's another £40k a week player. Or the equivalent of Gareth Barry. I know what I'd prefer.

And obviously you have a hot line to Jenkins who has assured you £2m won't harm us.

You may want short term success at any cost, but I don't want to risk the future of the club in gambles like this.

And no way is Barry on £40k in the second tier, unless you have a hot line to him to and he has confirmed it to you that he is on £40k.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1463 on: April 13, 2019, 01:51:33 AM »
And obviously you have a hot line to Jenkins who has assured you £2m won't harm us.

You may want short term success at any cost, but I don't want to risk the future of the club in gambles like this.

And no way is Barry on £40k in the second tier, unless you have a hot line to him to and he has confirmed it to you that he is on £40k.

Christ this is hard work... okay here goes, and I apologise to other posters for coming down to your level...

Have you got a hotline to the club that (presumably Jokanovic) is a gamble that would risk the future of the club?

No? Thought not. I'd suggest a day off. Reading up on self awareness and irony. Then coming back and trying again.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1464 on: April 13, 2019, 01:57:19 AM »

Christ this is hard work... okay here goes, and I apologise to other posters for coming down to your level...

Have you got a hotline to the club that (presumably Jokanovic) is a gamble that would risk the future of the club?

No? Thought not. I'd suggest a day off. Reading up on self awareness and irony. Then coming back and trying again.

No it's my opinion and I write it in that manner unlike you who writes everything like it is fact and derides any dissenting opinion.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 02:20:24 AM by BalisPen »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1465 on: April 13, 2019, 02:13:13 AM »
Not the world's greatest fan of popcorn. Trying to decide whether to open a bottle of beer while reading the latest developments on this thread. I haven't slept for a couple of nights you see. On the evidence of these last few posts this thread may just do the trick for me. Nah sod it, even when awake the inside of my eyelids hold greater appeal. Nighty night all  :) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1466 on: April 13, 2019, 02:34:01 AM »
Next season in the Championship we can't and won't be paying anyone £40k a week if we have to because of an existing contract we will be reducing the playing squad to compensate for it. The following season if we are still in the Championship we simply can't afford it. If Jokanović wanted £40k a week that was only ever going to happen in the Premier League and if we were prepared to pay £40k a week or more in the Premier League then the choice of coaches would be far wider than Jokanović and he might not even make the short list.

Whether Lai can or can't subsidise the club's running costs is almost academic because it seems plain that he won't.

I went on to one of the Norwich forums and had a chat about Neil. As you can imagine the feedback was mixed given that they were promoted relegated and becalmed in the Championship under him.

In general his sides were good going forward but leaked goals at the back which was something he never got to grips with and I think has continued at PNE. He was heavily criticised for some of the transfer dealings at the club during his time the general view is don't give him money to spend and looking at his record it was a bit hit and miss.

Interestingly he was criticised for not trusting youngsters and in particular shipping out James Maddison to Aberdeen rather than playing him.

It was hardly a ringing endorsement. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1467 on: April 13, 2019, 03:15:08 AM »
Next season in the Championship we can't and won't be paying anyone £40k a week if we have to because of an existing contract we will be reducing the playing squad to compensate for it. The following season if we are still in the Championship we simply can't afford it. If Jokanović wanted £40k a week that was only ever going to happen in the Premier League and if we were prepared to pay £40k a week or more in the Premier League then the choice of coaches would be far wider than Jokanović and he might not even make the short list.

Whether Lai can or can't subsidise the club's running costs is almost academic because it seems plain that he won't.

I went on to one of the Norwich forums and had a chat about Neil. As you can imagine the feedback was mixed given that they were promoted relegated and becalmed in the Championship under him.

In general his sides were good going forward but leaked goals at the back which was something he never got to grips with and I think has continued at PNE. He was heavily criticised for some of the transfer dealings at the club during his time the general view is don't give him money to spend and looking at his record it was a bit hit and miss.

Interestingly he was criticised for not trusting youngsters and in particular shipping out James Maddison to Aberdeen rather than playing him.

It was hardly a ringing endorsement.

They conceeded 46 last season only 7 more than champions dingles.

In regards to not giving him money, that is a given as we don't have any and that is why I like the idea of him as manager as he has done well on a small budget at Preston.

There will be no Mitrovic coming in to save our season next season as the money won't be there.

Not for one second am I saying AN is the perfect choice, but imo he is the most pragmatic choice given our limited resources as he seems to get more out of his teams than the sum of the parts.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1468 on: April 13, 2019, 09:02:37 AM »
Jacko & Balispen, thanks for the in depth views on our owner reasons for his lack of money to back us you both fought your corners well. ;).

Remember The Baggies Motto guys "WE DON'T DO EASY"

baggie steve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1469 on: April 13, 2019, 09:35:03 AM »
If Neil was to take over I wouldn't be too disappointed , he may install a bit of discipline within the playing staff...

Still think we missed a trick in the summer not going for Potter

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1470 on: April 13, 2019, 09:50:38 AM »
They conceeded 46 last season only 7 more than champions dingles.

In regards to not giving him money, that is a given as we don't have any and that is why I like the idea of him as manager as he has done well on a small budget at Preston.

There will be no Mitrovic coming in to save our season next season as the money won't be there.

Not for one second am I saying AN is the perfect choice, but imo he is the most pragmatic choice given our limited resources as he seems to get more out of his teams than the sum of the parts.

There will be some money and a lot of decisions about the squad and it's replacements to be made. As ever in football the less money you have the more important how you spend the money you have becomes.

My view is that the club needs to understand how their coach wants to set up and play the game and do as much as it can to ensure that the Coach has the players that he needs. However they also need to ensure that there are pathways into the squad for the academy graduates and that there is a balance with regard to experience and potential. In short the Head Coach cannot have a completely free hand.

It is two years since he managed Norwich and he has done a good job at Preston and he is still a relatively young coach so you would hope he isn't too set in his ways and has learned from his experiences. I also take the point that the goals against column at Preston isn't horrific.

Overall I am perfectly happy with any coach that tries to play football Alex Neil is a beter option than many.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1471 on: April 13, 2019, 04:45:47 PM »
Hopefully today makes them think again about Neil. Not good enough.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1472 on: April 13, 2019, 04:48:55 PM »

you could say preston footballers are not playing for their manager
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1473 on: April 13, 2019, 04:52:29 PM »
Just imagine attending an interview in front of 20 odd thousand people.!!!

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1474 on: April 13, 2019, 04:52:58 PM »

You can’t comment you’re not at the game  :-*