Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 727749 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #850 on: March 25, 2019, 10:18:11 AM »
WHAT A WAY TO RUN THIS CLUB!!!!!
www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/25/james-shan-can-stake-claim-to-see-out-season-at-west-brom

If we beat Blues on Friday, is it because Jimmy Shan is a very good manager ? or is it because the Brunt / Morrison show is back on the road ?

There is just too much 'Deja Vu' for my liking..........

I can accept the DM sacking if there had been a successor already waiting, but clearly there wasn't....unbelievably poor planning from Jenkins and co. As I said earlier, a communication of some description would be nice.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:40:19 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #851 on: March 25, 2019, 10:35:13 AM »
"while academy manager Mxxx Hxxxxxxxx mucks in on match days".

Its things like this which get under my skin, forget the name its irrelevant, just how professional is this ?  Does Mr Lai allow the teaboy to join in Palm Holdings board meetings ?
Does the Palm canteen manager have a seat reserved for to contribute her musings on fiscal policy ?

For gods sake WBA FC Ltd sort it out PLEASE!
I have to say, that I was at Brentford, and saw this person, who was setting out markers at half-time right in front of us , and was largely ignored by our subs who were busy playing "pig-in-the -middle" with Jacob Murphy in the middle.
I have no idea who he was but he just did not look very professional.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:24:05 PM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #852 on: March 25, 2019, 10:47:56 AM »
sounds like'
'win the game against Blues Jim, and you get the game against Millwall'
All sounds quite amateurish to me.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #853 on: March 25, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »
"while academy manager Mxxx Hxxxxxxxx mucks in on match days".

Its things like this which get under my skin, forget the name its irrelevant, just how professional is this ?  Does Mr Lai allow the teaboy to join in Palm Holdings board meetings ?
Does the Palm canteen manager have a seat reserved for to contribute her musings on fiscal policy ?

For gods sake WBA FC Ltd sort it out PLEASE!

You are being plain daft now Albionic, we all know the teaboy is running the club........
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:12:06 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #854 on: March 25, 2019, 11:04:02 AM »
complete shambles by the club.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #855 on: March 25, 2019, 12:01:47 PM »
I'm not surprised by much our club do recently. Standing back and looking at this, giving the directors the benefit of the doubt (and in the recurring vacuum of communication from the club to us as usual)

1) we have some great youngsters (hopefully we keep em.........)

2) we have the foundation of a good championship team next year if we're able to sell a couple and rebuild using the funds

3) keep Jimmy Shan and add one coaches around him and one head coach above him - then we might be returning the system which proved successful longer term until Pulis ripped it up (keep core coaches then replace the head coach to bring fresh ideas from time to time whilst retaining core structure)

Although, maybe this is how a normal, sensible club would work that doesn't panic.........nuff said

Pureade1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #856 on: March 25, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »
Never mind running a football club i sometimes wonder how our directors tie their own shoelaces in a morning. There clearly isnt and never was a plan in place to replace DM.

I run a business, now granted it is nowhere near the size of albion however i have a number of senior managers in place in key roles, however a key part of how i have managed to run my business is I have this mystical thing called a back up plan in place should any of my key managers leave or require removing from their post). Not for one minute is my business revolutionary nor am i some kind of genius it is just common sense in any business where you have to rely on others to manage areas of it.

Why does this board of directors continue to think that albion fans are an irrelevance to them and instead of providing some kind of regular update particularly in the current situation they prefer to say nothing almost with an arrogant air of superiority that it doesnt matter if they tell us anything as we should trust that they will get it right!

At the moment i really fear that jimmy shan who seems a genuine guy is going to be used and hung out to dry as the fall guy when all this starts crashing down around us towards the end of the season when the reality is we will have about 7 first team players if as i and many others suspect the likes of jrod, dawson etc leave for premier league riches, the loanees go back to their clubs and the free agents refuse or arent offered new contracts.  Do you really see this owner funding an entire new squad?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #857 on: March 25, 2019, 12:35:59 PM »
I am not sure why you all expected differently?

This was one of the major reservations that was held against sacking Moore.

The alternatives are not good enough and the club cannot be trusted to oversee such a big change.

I dread the summer..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #858 on: March 25, 2019, 12:57:14 PM »
Never mind running a football club i sometimes wonder how our directors tie their own shoelaces in a morning. There clearly isnt and never was a plan in place to replace DM.

I run a business, now granted it is nowhere near the size of albion however i have a number of senior managers in place in key roles, however a key part of how i have managed to run my business is I have this mystical thing called a back up plan in place should any of my key managers leave or require removing from their post). Not for one minute is my business revolutionary nor am i some kind of genius it is just common sense in any business where you have to rely on others to manage areas of it.

Why does this board of directors continue to think that albion fans are an irrelevance to them and instead of providing some kind of regular update particularly in the current situation they prefer to say nothing almost with an arrogant air of superiority that it doesnt matter if they tell us anything as we should trust that they will get it right!

At the moment i really fear that jimmy shan who seems a genuine guy is going to be used and hung out to dry as the fall guy when all this starts crashing down around us towards the end of the season when the reality is we will have about 7 first team players if as i and many others suspect the likes of jrod, dawson etc leave for premier league riches, the loanees go back to their clubs and the free agents refuse or arent offered new contracts.  Do you really see this owner funding an entire new squad?

Have you agreed contract details with the people you have identified as back -up, or are they, in a similar position to WBA's, on a wish list?

Also, let's say you have identified an outstanding potential candidate for a position, one who could really take your business forward,but they wouldn't be available for a few months.
Waiting for them would mean, relying on the existing team (some of whom lack experience) to get you over short term hurdles, but doesn't put the business itself at risk.
Would you wait, or chose not take the risk & move on to a less ideal candidate?

Matt Wilson's article says that James Shan, is not being hung out to dry.
He won't be offered the HC position & will still be at WBA next season, hopefully as an assistant HC.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #859 on: March 25, 2019, 02:38:29 PM »

The way we are going it maybe soon....

and to answer your final point, no I dont see the owner funding a new squad at all, and that is what worries me if we were to go up. Likewise with the inevitable 'churn' that is going to happen in the summer I don't see him funding new players if we do not get promoted either.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:40:43 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #860 on: March 25, 2019, 02:43:06 PM »
Shambolic from the club.

Just go and get Appleton / Shakespeare to support Jimmy until the end of the season for goodness sake.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #861 on: March 25, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »
Shambolic from the club.

Just go and get Appleton / Shakespeare to support Jimmy until the end of the season for goodness sake.

No Appleton. id rather have steve bull helping jimmy.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #862 on: March 25, 2019, 03:01:12 PM »
I have to say, that I was at Brentford, and saw this person, who was setting out markers at half-time right in front of us , and was largely ignored by our subs who were busy playing "pig-in-the -middle" with Jacob Murphy in the middle.

Yep, saw it. Same as most half times when they don't really want to do the running he tries to get them doing, its even worse when Myhill is on the bench, he just does what he likes
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #863 on: March 25, 2019, 03:04:54 PM »
Whatever happens now it's too late, the damage has allready been done to the supporters faith in their ability to get anything right 
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #864 on: March 25, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »
Yep, saw it. Same as most half times when they don't really want to do the running he tries to get them doing, its even worse when Myhill is on the bench, he just does what he likes
Agree entirely Oldbury, I would rather take any other keeper as third (cover) keeper than Myhill ! I cannot believe that we gave another contract to that waster.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #865 on: March 25, 2019, 05:25:23 PM »
I despair, this latest fiasco even out does the normal Albion fiasco by quite some considerable distance.

I know, let's draw straws amongst all our coaches to see how gets the next game. It's way passed embarrassing and down right humiliating.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #866 on: March 25, 2019, 05:57:08 PM »
Lampard apparently restless at Derby, their cost cutting even worse than ours.

Ah, he wouldn't. Would he?
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #867 on: March 25, 2019, 07:16:10 PM »
www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/25/james-shan-can-stake-claim-to-see-out-season-at-west-brom

If we beat Blues on Friday, is it because Jimmy Shan is a very good manager ? or is it because the Brunt / Morrison show is back on the road ?

Yep this show has been going on a LONG time and seen a fair few managers through the door...

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #868 on: March 25, 2019, 07:49:13 PM »

So here's a question, do we have a better chance of going up with the Brunt/Morrison show back or with an unpredictable new face in?  Never mind next season, just for the next 8/10/11 games?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #869 on: March 25, 2019, 11:46:51 PM »
Reading between the lines, we appear to have gotten ourselves into a situation where
-Jokanovic has agreed to go back and manage Fulham in the summer, after we couldn't decide to offer him a short term contract or longer deal, given unsure what league we will be in next season and his agent's big dollar demands.
-Wagner isn't available until the summer (as he announced months ago when he stood down) not sure why the club would want him given he built a Huddersfield team that could barely muster a shot on goal, Pulis football.
-O'Neil, a successful championship manager, probably our target if we don't go up, unable to prise him from Preston given stage of the season and the promotion push.

So given the above the board don't know what to do so have decided to wait and see with a view to not making any decision until the summer, as then we have more choice. BUT in doing so they are not exactly concentrating on promotion this season are they?

What is most disturbing to me is that all of the problems / limitations / contract situations / choices with potential managers should have been known to the board BEFORE they sacked Moore. It just smacks of a boardroom that are inept.

Do you trust them to get it right in the summer? I don't. It was only last summer they appointed Moore, after a long caretaker spell only to then decide he was out of his depth, and to solve that by appointing his junior with even less experience!

Then to top it off as a poster above has mentioned they haven't had the courtesy to update the fans. Probably as they don't know their own strategy from one day to the next and are embarrassed.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #870 on: March 26, 2019, 02:10:58 AM »
Who has replaced the three coaches who were relieved of their duties, Jimmy and who? And what part of club did they come from and who has taken over their positions?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #871 on: March 26, 2019, 08:15:06 AM »
Reading between the lines, we appear to have gotten ourselves into a situation where
-Jokanovic has agreed to go back and manage Fulham in the summer, after we couldn't decide to offer him a short term contract or longer deal, given unsure what league we will be in next season and his agent's big dollar demands.
-Wagner isn't available until the summer (as he announced months ago when he stood down) not sure why the club would want him given he built a Huddersfield team that could barely muster a shot on goal, Pulis football.
-O'Neil, a successful championship manager, probably our target if we don't go up, unable to prise him from Preston given stage of the season and the promotion push.

So given the above the board don't know what to do so have decided to wait and see with a view to not making any decision until the summer, as then we have more choice. BUT in doing so they are not exactly concentrating on promotion this season are they?

What is most disturbing to me is that all of the problems / limitations / contract situations / choices with potential managers should have been known to the board BEFORE they sacked Moore. It just smacks of a boardroom that are inept.

Do you trust them to get it right in the summer? I don't. It was only last summer they appointed Moore, after a long caretaker spell only to then decide he was out of his depth, and to solve that by appointing his junior with even less experience!

Then to top it off as a poster above has mentioned they haven't had the courtesy to update the fans. Probably as they don't know their own strategy from one day to the next and are embarrassed.

I am not sure they did to be honest, I think Jones was the issue, and Darren went because of his loyalty to his friend. Only my opinion though.........

I will accept that Darren was learning his trade and making what many would see as errors, but you do not get to 4th in the league when you are out of your depth. To me something else went on there, and several posters were pointing out early on that Jones seemed to be having a big influence. You could see that on matchdays through the interaction on the sideline.

All that said, to give him the sack and not have a replacement lined up is bad planning, unless the situation very quickly became untenable and our board were not actually planning on taking this course of action, but were left with no option.
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #872 on: March 26, 2019, 08:32:00 AM »
James Shan happy with his team for this week.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/26/west-brom-caretaker-james-shan-happy-with-his-coaching-team-for-this-week/

I'm a big fan of James Shan, & I think he has the capacity to get us promoted, but this concerns me a bit, it demonstrates political naivety.
Think I might have taken up the offer of help, by not doing so, he's put enormous pressure on himself to deliver.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #873 on: March 26, 2019, 09:51:06 AM »
James Shan happy with his team for this week.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/03/26/west-brom-caretaker-james-shan-happy-with-his-coaching-team-for-this-week/

I'm a big fan of James Shan, & I think he has the capacity to get us promoted, but this concerns me a bit, it demonstrates political naivety.
Think I might have taken up the offer of help, by not doing so, he's put enormous pressure on himself to deliver.
There is no pressure on him, its win win in his case as he is not being considered for the fulltime vacancy anyway, if he gets us up it builds his reputation as a coach, if he doesn't people will move the blame elsewhere.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #874 on: March 26, 2019, 01:39:43 PM »
What Ollie the Baggie says, the lack of communication is absolute $#1T and adding insult to injury.

They can't make a decent decision on anything and without some kind of board changes we are going nowhere fast.

The team are 4th in spite of everything the management foul up IMO.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music