Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 225134 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2018, 07:47:37 PM »
Decent back up option if Leeds fans reactions are to be trusted. I still feel we will need another centre half though, even if Dawson and Hegazi stay.
Boing Boing

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2018, 10:40:04 PM »
Decent back up option if Leeds fans reactions are to be trusted. I still feel we will need another centre half though, even if Dawson and Hegazi stay.

I doubt very much he will be our back up option. That is Fitzwater.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2018, 12:45:26 AM »
If we’re singing him to complement Dawson and Hegazi then I’ve no issue. If he’s a replacement for Hegazi I can live with that as well (overrated in my view and £10m for him would be decent business). However if he’s a replacement for Dawson then it will be a real kick in the teeth. Can’t let players as consistent and important as Dawson go and hope to mount a promotion challenge. Need to keep him at all costs for 12 months and tell Burnley to sling their hook.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2018, 09:07:16 AM »
If we’re singing him to complement Dawson and Hegazi then I’ve no issue. If he’s a replacement for Hegazi I can live with that as well (overrated in my view and £10m for him would be decent business). However if he’s a replacement for Dawson then it will be a real kick in the teeth. Can’t let players as consistent and important as Dawson go and hope to mount a promotion challenge. Need to keep him at all costs for 12 months and tell Burnley to sling their hook.
Its almost like The Evans debacle never happened. Dawson doesn’t want to be here.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2018, 09:47:12 AM »
Its almost like The Evans debacle never happened. Dawson doesn’t want to be here.

Dawson's preference (understandable) is to sign for Burnley but if we refuse to sell on the basis we need for 12 months and either we go up or sell him next summer then he will get his head down when the season starts. He's consistent, loyal and a professional. Happens all the time in football. Look at Courtinho. Got his move eventually but Liverpool kept him when they needed him. Mahrez was denied a move by Leicester for countless transfer windows. Common.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2018, 10:36:40 AM »
Dawson's preference (understandable) is to sign for Burnley but if we refuse to sell on the basis we need for 12 months and either we go up or sell him next summer then he will get his head down when the season starts. He's consistent, loyal and a professional. Happens all the time in football. Look at Courtinho. Got his move eventually but Liverpool kept him when they needed him. Mahrez was denied a move by Leicester for countless transfer windows.
How can you possibly know that Dawson will get his head down if we don't sell him? It's only a couple of weeks since he refused to go on an important fitness/training camp and he's allegedly put in a transfer request. These actions are far removed from being loyal and professional.

As for Mahrez, he was on strike for weeks during the season!

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2018, 10:43:09 AM »
How can you possibly know that Dawson will get his head down if we don't sell him? It's only a couple of weeks since he refused to go on an important fitness/training camp and he's allegedly put in a transfer request. These actions are far removed from being loyal and professional.

As for Mahrez, he was on strike for weeks during the season!

I believe he just had a baby and there are stories about being allowed to stay which then got overturned. Ronaldo wanted out and Suarez but both then stayed one more year and played before going on amicable turns. I see no reason Dawson not doing that.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2018, 11:11:37 AM »
I believe he just had a baby and there are stories about being allowed to stay which then got overturned. Ronaldo wanted out and Suarez but both then stayed one more year and played before going on amicable turns. I see no reason Dawson not doing that.
Suarez and Ronaldo wanted out for huge global clubs and were convinced to stay at massive English clubs. That’s a far cry from Dawson’s predicament.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »
I doubt very much he will be our back up option. That is Fitzwater.

We need minimum 4 CBs for the season, possibly 5.  My preference is 5, with one or more being able to fill in at full back too.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2018, 01:47:08 PM »
Suarez and Ronaldo wanted out for huge global clubs and were convinced to stay at massive English clubs. That’s a far cry from Dawson’s predicament.

While I agree with you, Dawson is also a far cry from Suarez and Ronaldo in terms of ability!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2018, 02:49:06 PM »
While I agree with you, Dawson is also a far cry from Suarez and Ronaldo in terms of ability!
Correct you’d be mad to think I was suggesting otherwise. But we are a championship team now and Dawson clearly feels he’s better than that. It will be hard for us to do what Liverpool and man united did with those mentioned players because they were still operating at the highest level. We are operating at a level considerably below where Dawson see himself. So his situation is far closer to that of Evans which was the comparison I made before someone else quite bizarrely bought Suarez and Ronaldo in to it.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2018, 05:31:25 PM »
Don't get me wrong here,I do like most of our current squad but,when players think they are a premier league standard and want to leave and throw their toys out,will Dave politely remind them that our relegation proves they aren't that quality and if Dave wants them to stay ,they stay put.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2018, 08:12:16 AM »
Would think he would be announced today considering he had his medical on Friday. Club rarely announce signings over the weekend so today should be the day. If we can keep him fit it sounds like he is one of the best defenders in the league.

Smethwickender93

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2018, 10:20:07 AM »
All confirmed on Twitter. Welcome Kyle

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2018, 10:28:09 AM »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2018, 10:31:05 AM »
Excellent - welcome to the club Kyle

Hopefully the first of a few signings this week or two......
MAGA!

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2018, 10:31:33 AM »
Welcome Kyle. Not seen much of him, I hope he impresses.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »
This is good news - he's been well regarded in this division and plays in a position where we're in dire need of strengthening. Let's hope he manages to stay fit.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2018, 10:34:16 AM »
Absolute peanuts in this day and age, no brainer. Welcome

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2018, 10:50:04 AM »
Can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him. Mainly due to injuries 38 games in six years?
Represents a gamble but Leeds fans rave about him.
Good luck Kyle really hope you stay fit and sounds like could be real asset in this league if you do
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2018, 10:56:11 AM »
welcome to the Albion Kyle, hold on tight Mukka because your in for a roller coaster of ride for the next 3 years. ;)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2018, 11:15:19 AM »
Like others I've not seen him play but he seems well regarded, especially at Blues and Leeds. I think it's important that we have some players with experience of the Championship (and playing well in it!), welcome to the Baggies Kyle.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »
Great news welcome aboard Kyle, I hope you go on to become a real favourite! Boing Boing!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2018, 11:50:53 AM »
Good cheap solid signing by the looks of it. Welcome to the club, the start of many deals hopefully

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2018, 12:57:41 PM »
Welcome to Albion. :)

Experienced defender in championship level and seems Leeds' fans rated him.
Good start for center back role overhaul hopefully.
The PRIDE of midlands