Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1745992 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #500 on: June 15, 2014, 12:40:49 PM »
Irvine is to blame as much as the rest, he dont have to say yes to the job does he
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #501 on: June 15, 2014, 12:41:50 PM »
How can he withdraw his application when he didn't even apply in the first place ?

So Jeremy walked down Preston high st bumped into Hazel and offered him the job?  ::)
To be truthful I aint in the mood today
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #502 on: June 15, 2014, 12:43:21 PM »
So Jeremy walked down Preston high st bumped into Hazel and offered him the job?  ::)
To be truthful I aint in the mood today
I think Albion approached him mate.......
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #503 on: June 15, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »
Irvine is to blame as much as the rest, he dont have to say yes to the job does he

Let's be honest mate, if someone offered you the role and you knew that Keily and Downing were doing the work for you and your just the face of it all, wouldn't you say yes. I know I would. :)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #504 on: June 15, 2014, 12:47:41 PM »
From an inspiring man in Pepe Mel who galvanized the supporters to another must not loose football dour scot, Great
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #505 on: June 15, 2014, 12:51:32 PM »
If Alan Irvine is the best we can come up with then I would hate to see the other 55 candidates that applied for the job.

I feel sorry for Irvine in some respects that he's stepping his feet into a football club which at the moment has a poisonous atmosphere surrounding it. The job was already going to be big enough when you consider the work we need to do to the squad but because of his appointment he's going to be under extraordinary pressure to make sure he's get some results on the board quickly. I would imagine many will give him the chance to prove himself but if he doesn't hit the ground running then the atmosphere towards him and more importantly Jeremy Peace will become incredibly sour.

I cannot for the life of me see the logic behind his appointment but I wish him the best of luck because he's going to need it - I really cannot see him lasting the full season.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

mrmojorisin

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #506 on: June 15, 2014, 12:52:33 PM »
I think it is time to get some perspective and give Jeremy Peace some well-earned credit.  He has, after all, at one stroke re-written part of the OXford English Dictionary.

He told us, in his mea culpa statement that the new head coach would be better than Steve Clarke.

At a stroke, better is no longer "the comparative of good" or "more excellent than other members of a particular group" it is now the comparative of total rubbish.

Well done JP, it takes genius to completely change the meaning of a word.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #507 on: June 15, 2014, 01:19:17 PM »
Through all the darkness and tears, there can be light and laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00JhUADQCCY
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #508 on: June 15, 2014, 01:29:56 PM »

Classic so funny it's sad but true

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #509 on: June 15, 2014, 01:30:20 PM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/irvine-excited-by-albion-challenge-1643790.aspx

And new boss delivers message for Baggies fans

ALAN Irvine admits he is ‘excited’ about the challenge ahead after yesterday agreeing to become Albion’s new Head Coach.

The 55-year-old Scot will arrive at The Hawthorns on the back of a 22-year coaching career across England’s top three divisions.

And, with a successful five full seasons as David Moyes’ assistant at Everton under his belt, he is relishing the chance to get his teeth into his first job as a No.1 in the Barclays Premier League.

“I’m absolutely delighted to get the job,” said Irvine.

“I’ve got a great deal of respect for the club right the way from the first team through to the Academy.

“The situation at this club is similar to what I went through at Everton when I went there with David.

“It is run very sensibly and, as a result of that, any head coach coming in has got a great chance of doing a good job.

“A number of the players who have had success in the Premier League with the club are still here.

“But it’s a small squad at this moment in time and, clearly, the first job is going to have to be to get some more players in.

“My passion is for coaching and I believe my strength is on the training ground, which is where we need to get the work done.”

Irvine will work closely with Baggies Technical Director Terry Burton and is determined to deliver for the fans.

“Terry is someone I’ve respected as a coach from a distance for many years and I’m looking forward to working closely with him,” he added.

“The Hawthorns is a place I have been as a visiting manager and assistant manager, and it is always difficult to get a result.

“The fans are extremely passionate, terrific in getting behind the team, and I’m sure it is a great place to work as a player or a coach.

“I’m extremely excited about the challenge and I’ll certainly give it everything I possibly can.

“I’ll work however many hours it takes to make things work.”

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #510 on: June 15, 2014, 01:30:40 PM »

Never has something so funny been so true to fact

loui999

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #511 on: June 15, 2014, 01:31:36 PM »

Hello Dingle ! Funny though fair play !

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #512 on: June 15, 2014, 01:33:53 PM »
“I’ll work however many hours it takes to make things work.”

Not enough hours in the day Mr Irvine

valleybaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #513 on: June 15, 2014, 01:34:11 PM »
that's why we'll have a  white top with nearly invisible pinstripes so we'll look like preston appoint their useless ex manager and get sponsored by the comedy channel on sky . priceless . nevermind getting relegated to the championship division one here we come .

wba_forever

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #514 on: June 15, 2014, 01:36:47 PM »
I am honestly really disappointed and it doesn't seem real. I was looking forward to the premier league starting but that has gone now and it is hard to be positive about it. That said I guess we will have to back him and if he does a bad job he'll be gone any way.
Always Albion and forever hating the dingles

nogin

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #515 on: June 15, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »
It is quite obvious that the chairman has been watching to many scientific research programs. With him also wanting to save money he pays peanuts so Monkey sees Monkey do is his theory. That is why he keeps employing people who have worked with or under top managers. 
FFS why have we no ambition!!!! NO more money from me Mr Peace while you still run the club. :o

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #516 on: June 15, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
I wonder what the sponsors, shareholders and other investors make of this, we're they tied into deals as well before this shock announcement  >:(

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #517 on: June 15, 2014, 01:53:00 PM »
Hello Dingle ! Funny though fair play !

If there is any doubt, I am an AlbionFan of 60 years devoted loyalty. Owners, Directors, Players et al, come and go, but AlbionFans are forever whether we like it or not at this time.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Foreverbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #518 on: June 15, 2014, 01:58:56 PM »
If there is any doubt, I am an AlbionFan of 60 years devoted loyalty. Owners, Directors, Players et al, come and go, but AlbionFans are forever whether we like it or not at this time.

Yes we are, however this time, it is time for us to stand up and voice our concerns, ok it might not do us any good in the short term, but at least it may vent off some of the frustrations we have.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #519 on: June 15, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
that's why we'll have a  white top with nearly invisible pinstripes so we'll look like preston appoint their useless ex manager and get sponsored by the comedy channel on sky . priceless . nevermind getting relegated to the championship division one here we come .

Do you know, if we had to do that to get rid of the half wits that makes up our board of directors and chairman, I would gladly see us go through that pain.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

DannyAJM

• Newcomer

« Reply #520 on: June 15, 2014, 02:11:43 PM »
Only one reason for this appointment that i can see.

Employ a youth coach (Irvine) to bring through academy players into the first team when they get any good sell them and pocket all the profit. Plus you will pocket the savings in wages, which will be low for a bunch of kids. Also you can run the club like this in any division so Peace will not give a damn if we are relegated.

We are gearing up to be a selling club and once Peace has 75% we are completely done for. I normally back our players / staff to the max but i can't see any other explanation for this and will therefore not give Irvine a single second of support.

Irvines interview made me laugh you can just see the brief before hand "make sure you mention we will be signing players and that your a good coach."

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #521 on: June 15, 2014, 02:14:11 PM »

Never doubted you mate  ;)
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
Been away all weekend and only just heard this. Got to be the worst decision in the last 10 years. He'll be sacked at Christmas. The players will have no respect for him whatsoever, just like the fans.

I dread to think what the ground will be like should we lose our first few games.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #523 on: June 15, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »
After thinking about it all night and all day this appointment makes no sense at all. I
just can't accept this.

boing boing baggies

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »
Been away all weekend and only just heard this. Got to be the worst decision in the last 10 years. He'll be sacked at Christmas. The players will have no respect for him whatsoever, just like the fans.

I dread to think what the ground will be like should we lose our first few games.

Empty is what it will be!!