Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2070113 times)

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #925 on: August 29, 2011, 10:41:07 PM »
Embarrassing to gloat? That's ironic from what happened last season with you lot. You guys have been doing it all summer!  :D
Over a full season we finished considerably higher in the league than you and therefore earned the right to "gloat" over the summer. We have only played three matches so far and the season never ends in August. ;)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

w27

« Reply #926 on: August 30, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »
Over a full season we finished considerably higher in the league than you and therefore earned the right to "gloat" over the summer. We have only played three matches so far and the season never ends in August. ;)

we have also stuffed you royally in the league and have a reason to gloat as we all end up back on 0pts in august

end of the day if wolves finish higher than west brom this season i cant wait to hear your excuses on why it doesnt count?

as for previous cringeworthy facebook groups goes by - its good to see your fellow fans have kept up the record for more wolves groups being created which are so cringeworthy its unreal

i thought you guys apperently wernt obsessed with us and we are with you?

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #927 on: August 30, 2011, 02:04:42 PM »

Well, you're the one on our forum. :P

There may be instances of the opposite, but i'll leave you to find them. :-*
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #928 on: August 30, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »

Is the irony of posting that on an Albion website missed by you?

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #929 on: August 30, 2011, 02:30:11 PM »
A very good start from Wolves, I expect Spurs to win at your place in a couple of weeks though.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

w27

« Reply #930 on: August 30, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
Is the irony of posting that on an Albion website missed by you?

you'll find me on all the premier forums and will discuss when wolves related

doesnt mean im obsessed with wigan, manutd or blackburn

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #931 on: August 30, 2011, 02:57:35 PM »
good start from wolves! cant take it away from them
i would have wanted atleast 5 points from that start!

see how they do against the big boys (although saying that last year they did quite well just like we did)
very early to start chirping away with 35 games left to play....
O Albion we love you

w27

« Reply #932 on: August 30, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
good start from wolves! cant take it away from them
i would have wanted atleast 5 points from that start!

see how they do against the big boys (although saying that last year they did quite well just like we did)
very early to start chirping away with 35 games left to play....

i think 4points was realisitic target

win home game, draw one away, lose one away, no ambitious but you tend to lose 50% of away games to average joes in the league

im delighted with our points tally, we only got 4pts of these fixtures last season, which automatic gain

as for points vs big 5, i dont care how we do.....i write them off as defeats and any point gained vs them are BONUS points

if i was in your shoes i'd be expecting 3pts of the opening games, especially with stokes dire away record

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #933 on: August 30, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »
It doesnt take into consideration our record against Stoke though does it. 28 league games with only 1 win means we dont expect anything from Stoke any more.
Boing Boing

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #934 on: August 30, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »
w27 why are you here to wind us all up lol. i wont have an excuse if you finish higher, fair play to ya, i mean at the end of the day aren't wolves the more successful club, so therefore it should be the norm?

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #935 on: August 30, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »
w27 why are you here to wind us all up lol. i wont have an excuse if you finish higher, fair play to ya, i mean at the end of the day aren't wolves the more successful club, so therefore it should be the norm?

I don't see how particularly he is winding us up??

I think his most recent post is a perfectly fair analysis!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #936 on: August 30, 2011, 05:37:34 PM »
I don't see how particularly he is winding us up??

I think his most recent post is a perfectly fair analysis!

Agree.All are more than welcome with sensible analysis. Well done wolves on your start.Your squad is looking stronger than ours right now
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #937 on: August 30, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »

All Your squad is looking stronger than ours right now

Is it really ?  Defensively yes but midfield and up front ?  It's still basically the squad that just made it over the line last season.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #938 on: August 30, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »
Is it really ?  Defensively yes but midfield and up front ?  It's still basically the squad that just made it over the line last season.

I might raise a few eyebrows here but as it stands after 3 games only Malumbu would get in there team for the next game, possibly Olsson but Roger Johnson has started well.
Mind you we have to take into account we have played 3 harder teams
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 06:24:46 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

merlin_mick

« Reply #939 on: August 30, 2011, 06:11:25 PM »

Midfield and up front was never the issue though, we had no problem in scoring goals, it was conceding that was the problem and I think RJ is the perfect man to stop that.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #940 on: August 30, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »
Im looking at post 927 johnny, it seems a little provocative, but each to their own. fair play, there are fair points raised but i also see some points to trigger a reaction; like having excuses if we dont finish higher cringeworthy facebook groups etc.

kevinr61

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #941 on: August 30, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »

You're right that apart from Johnson it is basically the same squad. However I think where myself and most fellow Wolves fans have been encouraged is that several players have (early days I agree) seem to have stepped up to another level. Hennessey, Berra, Stearman, Henry, Ward are almost unrecognisable from players who struggled last year and seem to believe they are now Premier league players. Apart from just chucking loads of cash when coming up like QPR seem to be doing now, to have a sustainable future at this level a number of players have to make the jump from championship to premier level and provide some continuity. Add to that the fact that Hunt, Doyle, Fletcher and O'Hara are now fully fit the squad that struggled last year may have the same players but a very different feel.

Last season we would have struggled to hold on in games like last Saturday yet in all 3 games we have finished the game stronger and been comfortable. This is why I think Wolves fans are so pleased with the start and while the Villa game wasn't pretty it was proof that we are much stronger and able to grind out points.

w27

« Reply #942 on: August 30, 2011, 10:47:05 PM »

We suffered a lot of injuries across board last season and Mick wouldn't play fletcher until last 7-8 games either

But I do agree Johnson is big player for us Berra looks four times the defender he ever was next to decent cb but if Johnson got injured it'll be intresting how we fare

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #943 on: August 30, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
yep i think it is a definitely a good sign when you can hold on for a 0-0 as the away side kevin, i definitely believe you are on the way upwards, and as you say you look a changed side from last year.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #944 on: August 30, 2011, 10:58:39 PM »
I think a reality check may be required by our rather excitable neighbours!

Yes, they have enjoyed a good unbeaten start - but didn't they do that last season as well, along with Birmingham? Whatever happened to them by the way?

A win against Fulham who cannot buy a win away...
A win against Blackburn who cannot buy a win...
A draw at Villa who Mr McLeish is slowly but surely turning into a toothless, negative and defensive mirror image of Blues, who will eventually be heading in the same direction (and I don't mean Wembley)!

No doubt a further 3 points against a watertight Tottenham would for many of them underline their Premier League credentials and breaking into the top 4 this season would not be out of the question?
(Arsenal and Juventus are interested in Kevin Doyle - you know, the rich man's Shane Long)!

What they fail to recognise though, is that if your neighbour is a ****** he will always be a ******, regardless of how much wealth and success they enjoy, it really means very little to the majority of Albion supporters.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION is the only club that matters!
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

merlin_mick

« Reply #945 on: August 31, 2011, 01:13:01 AM »
I think a reality check may be required by our rather excitable neighbours!

Yes, they have enjoyed a good unbeaten start - but didn't they do that last season as well, along with Birmingham? Whatever happened to them by the way?

A win against Fulham who cannot buy a win away...
A win against Blackburn who cannot buy a win...
A draw at Villa who Mr McLeish is slowly but surely turning into a toothless, negative and defensive mirror image of Blues, who will eventually be heading in the same direction (and I don't mean Wembley)!

No doubt a further 3 points against a watertight Tottenham would for many of them underline their Premier League credentials and breaking into the top 4 this season would not be out of the question?
(Arsenal and Juventus are interested in Kevin Doyle - you know, the rich man's Shane Long)!

What they fail to recognise though, is that if your neighbour is a ****** he will always be a ******, regardless of how much wealth and success they enjoy, it really means very little to the majority of Albion supporters.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION is the only club that matters!

True... us and Blues did both have good starts last season but the difference between us and Birmingham?... We stayed in the Premiership (Despite how close it was)

Either way, 7 points is still 7 points no matter who it's against, we're still unbeaten (Eventhough it's 3 games) and we've only conceded one goal so far.

You can critisise all you like but at the moment the table speaks for itself, I would of expected you guys to get a win against Stoke... I think / thought your lot are better than them.

merlin_mick

« Reply #946 on: August 31, 2011, 01:33:40 AM »
Have you guys had one clean sheet in your last 39 games?

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #947 on: August 31, 2011, 08:19:37 AM »
you'll find me on all the premier forums and will discuss when wolves related

doesnt mean im obsessed with wigan, manutd or blackburn
How do you manage to find time to work or have a real life?

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #948 on: August 31, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »
Have you guys had one clean sheet in your last 39 games?
In the last decade how many times have Wolves finished higher in the league than the Albion?

westparkwolf

« Reply #949 on: August 31, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »
In the last decade how many times have Wolves finished higher in the league than the Albion?
Since the war how many times have Albion been English league champions?