Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 676446 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #650 on: January 28, 2020, 10:22:45 PM »
Luton, Millwall, Reading. Three games from the sack in my opinion. Needs to get a couple of wins or i think they’ll pull the trigger.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #651 on: January 28, 2020, 10:23:08 PM »
Take a bow. A rare bit of sanity on here. Our team with the current injuries is rubbish. Bilic worked a miracle to get us top in the first place.

Not having that we have spent a fortune compared to big standard Championship teams.  Cardiff and Stoke were appalling and we lost both.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #652 on: January 28, 2020, 10:23:51 PM »
Take a bow. A rare bit of sanity on here. Our team with the current injuries is rubbish. Bilic worked a miracle to get us top in the first place.

Not having that we have spent a fortune compared to big standard Championship teams.  Cardiff and Stoke were appalling and we lost both.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #653 on: January 28, 2020, 10:25:16 PM »
Luton, Millwall, Reading. Three games from the sack in my opinion. Needs to get a couple of wins or i think they’ll pull the trigger.

He will get the season I think.
Luton looks our only realistic chance of a win out of that three.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #654 on: January 28, 2020, 10:25:20 PM »
Can’t agree
Everybody even Johnstone can see that Johnstone needs dropping .
Billic has his favourites and the weird selections he keeps making only serve to show he’s not tactically where our manager needs to be .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #655 on: January 28, 2020, 10:25:56 PM »
 ??? Needs to play the team that won at West Ham...this is getting ridiculous with the results we are getting.
I think there is something behind the scenes and maybe Lai has said "don't spend any money on players" so Bilic may have thrown his toys out of the pram.
We don't really know what goes on behind the scenes but looks like things are turning pair shaped. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #656 on: January 28, 2020, 10:27:41 PM »
Needs to have a good hard look in the mirror.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #657 on: January 28, 2020, 10:28:14 PM »
Lose to Luton and I think it will look desperate for Bilic. 

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #658 on: January 28, 2020, 10:35:04 PM »
I don’t want to say I told you so .....but have said for some time now
Crazy selections
Refusal to deal with the obvious
Tactics and substitutions not effective

I’m not calling franksie.....yet.....but he really needs to pull his finger(and Johnstone) out
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #659 on: January 28, 2020, 10:38:10 PM »
There is a complete lack of fight in the team and that stems from the manager.  Why do the opposition always want it more than us? Organise your defence.  And be ruthless is attack.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #660 on: January 28, 2020, 10:38:35 PM »
We have got more points from losing positions than any other team in the division. We should never have boasted about this, as it shows an underlying issue, that we can't defend. If we can't keep a clean sheet we have to score a minimum of 2 each game to get a win. That was clearly unsustainable. The defence hasn't improved at all this season under his leadership. All the best teams are built around a sound defence. Since our midfield have stopped scoring, we as a team have gone backwards. Out of the top 6 teams we must have the worst strikeforce of any of them?? (Zohore, Austin & HRK). The fact that both Pereira and Diangana are out has highlighted how weak the squad actually is. Im amazed we had both Brunt and Barry on the bench tonight. Tulloch would have been worth a place surely? Our shots on target ratio is appalling. So basically we have issues at both ends of the pitch right now. Johnstone is awful and should be dropped. Bond hasn't let us down when he has played. Theres nothing positive about Johnstone at the moment. He's a disaster waiting to happen. Im sorry but Ferguson should not be near the starting XI if he has no intention of signing a new deal, particularly when Townsend gave a decent account of himself at the weekend. Bringing on 2 strikers tonight meant unsettling the team, with someone having to play out of position yet again. Square pegs in round holes. If missing both Diangana ans Pereira is having this much of a bad effect on the team, then it doesn't say a lot for those that are left. Forget needing 2 more players, I'd suggest we need about 5 at the moment. Slav hasn't shown me anything over the last few weeks to give me confidence that he can change things around. It seems that only luck will do that, and I won't rely on that happening. I think the first half of the season we got away with it thanks to our midfield, but since they have gone missing our chickens have come home to roost. As it stands we are going to struggle to make the play offs. Here's hoping im wrong and we stuff Luton 6-0 on Saturday. I just hope the real 'Albion' return and replace these imposters ASAP.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #661 on: January 28, 2020, 10:38:55 PM »
There is a complete lack of fight in the team and that stems from the manager.  Why do the opposition always want it more than us? Organise your defence.  And be ruthless is attack.

Amazing when you look at Bilic and his number 2
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #662 on: January 28, 2020, 10:40:29 PM »
Sorry to post this but I'm getting faint wiffs of Bryan Robson's time here , hope it dies off quick. :o
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #663 on: January 28, 2020, 10:45:48 PM »
Amazing when you look at Bilic and his number 2

But who to transfer it to?
HRK was wrestling on the floor at Charlton two weeks ago, how many of his team mates went over to help or back him up?....now change that to ryan giggs on the floor in the Fergie years ...I can see Keynes teeth, scholes going mental, schmeical running 50yds to get stuck in etc ...
I said a few weeks ago in order we need
A keeper
A complete ******* in midfield
 I stand by it , I can cope with HRK and Austin as options upfront ( because kalamity ken really isn’t one) if we could sort these 2 positions
No one can convince me that with semi,sawyers,Diangana,Pererira, krovinovic and Phillips there isn’t enough to romp the league ....but you have to earn the right to play first.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:46:16 PM by OldburyWBA »

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #664 on: January 28, 2020, 11:40:34 PM »
So let's see. Hegazi is awful threw his toys out the pram and low and behold he's back playing next to Bartley and we all saw how that worked out last season.
Johnstone a really poor goalie, bond plays now and again keeps clean sheets never gets picked in the league - favouritism??
Townsend not the best but a trier and a natural left back, plays Ferguson who is right footed and wants to leave. 
O Shea did ok but is a centre half yet gets played at right back instead of a right back- furlong

Livermore a. It more mobile this season but still offers nothing at either end of the pitch and can't pass wind.

Sawyers makes us tick but needs movement in front of him and carries Livermore every week.

We started with 4 centre halves tonight and still couldn't keep a clean sheet.
Bilic picked this.
Consistently overlooks Harper, willock and others

He's lost it.

Diangana and peirera made others look better than they are and hid some awful selections and tactics

He needs to go.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #665 on: January 28, 2020, 11:41:05 PM »
Its a complete overreaction by talking about getting rid of Billic. Even he predicted that we would have a bad run. Almost every team does, including Leeds.  We are now missing 3 of our most important and creative players. If we can also get a decent goalscoring striker to sniff out the half chances that HRK is unable to, then I think we should be ok.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #666 on: January 28, 2020, 11:55:27 PM »
I am not endorsing it, but after what they did to DM last season I would not be surprised if they were sounding out the likes of Chris Hughton.

Personally, I think it all stems from GD's injury and to a lesser extent KG.

I also don't understand why Furlong is the one always making way for others.

I am Well depressed with all of it at the moment.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #667 on: January 29, 2020, 12:47:22 AM »
Unbelievable that folk are suggesting that Bilic be sacked.  We’re having a poor run but this is a bloody tough league and every side has one or more bad runs over 46 games.  We have no divine right to rock up and just get 3 points.

We’ve missed Diangana and Gibbs massively.  We’re missing half our teeth. Opposition are no longer scared of us.  With Diangana missing they can focus on snuffing out Pereira.  With them both playing there are two threads to snuff out and they can’t cope.  We urgently need an injection of fresh blood before the window closes.

The defence is poor and keeps making stupid errors, just like we did under DM last season.  Made worse this year by zonal marking. 

But let’s take stock. We are in the top 2 with 17 games to go and it’s totally in our hands.  New players are coming in this week.  Let’s get behind the team and get over the line.  There will be ups and downs.  Leeds, Forest, Brentford and Fulham will make it very hard for us, but if we turn on Bilic then we deserve what we get.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #668 on: January 29, 2020, 03:54:55 AM »
Unbelievable that folk are suggesting that Bilic be sacked.  We’re having a poor run but this is a bloody tough league and every side has one or more bad runs over 46 games.  We have no divine right to rock up and just get 3 points.

We’ve missed Diangana and Gibbs massively.  We’re missing half our teeth. Opposition are no longer scared of us.  With Diangana missing they can focus on snuffing out Pereira.  With them both playing there are two threads to snuff out and they can’t cope.  We urgently need an injection of fresh blood before the window closes.

The defence is poor and keeps making stupid errors, just like we did under DM last season.  Made worse this year by zonal marking. 

But let’s take stock. We are in the top 2 with 17 games to go and it’s totally in our hands.  New players are coming in this week.  Let’s get behind the team and get over the line.  There will be ups and downs.  Leeds, Forest, Brentford and Fulham will make it very hard for us, but if we turn on Bilic then we deserve what we get.

Perspective we are a pretty poor team in which billic managed to get a tune out and over achieve. We did very well up until that Wigan game. We have been awful since. Luck left us we have had quite a few first team players out injured.

The billic system relies on goals from midfield but no diangana means people double up on periera. Phillips form gone. Forwards aren't getting enough. I think before season if people said we would be 2nd after 29 games most of us would have taken it.

Billic needs to drop the right players. He rotates the strikers and the full backs. Manager needs to be brave. Cup side performed better than the league team and some of them need to be brought in. Johnstone not good enough cant catch a cold doesnt instill confidence in the team. Hegazi and bartley not sure who has been worse last few games. Livermore purple patch been and gone and a fond memory. Needs switching out. Hrk leads line well never was going to fire us to promotion.

We are in danger of missing out on the playoffs. Manager was awesome first 21 games his subs we always right and the right time. If we went behind I always felt confident we could rescue it. Now his team are devoid of ideas and as soon as were behind I dont see us getting anything.

If he doesnt freshen up v luton we wont get the result and people will begin asking whether or not we need to change the boss
O Albion we love you

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #669 on: January 29, 2020, 06:14:33 AM »
First of all, I'm a million miles from even considering sacking Bilic would be a good idea, but, even when we were winning, teams had sussed out our frailties to balls into the box, more recently, we have continued with those frailties but also look completely toothless up front, our build up play is so slow and predictable, virtually every team in the division look secure against us, knowing we will probably make a defensive error means all they have to do is play the percentages.

The failure to play an alternative way when we lose players (Diangana), is worrying and also a failure of recruitment, a simple 4-4-2 with Austin and another as two strikers and playing it long would be a realistic alternative and make us far less predictable.

Playing Ferguson last night was a strange one, his head is clearly not right and should be sold and nowhere near the first team.
Baggie in Southampton

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #670 on: January 29, 2020, 06:52:20 AM »
We have quality youth players refusing to sign new contracts, from the last few games it looks like he has lost the dressing room as well,especially from his comments to the press last night about what was said in the dressing room. His failure to mix things up tactically are a really worry.

Moore was being hounded out of the club by many on here long before his disastrous run and people refused to accept the loss of Barnes and injuries he had to deal with as an excuse. So why should they be an excuse for Billic?
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #671 on: January 29, 2020, 07:13:38 AM »
We have quality youth players refusing to sign new contracts, from the last few games it looks like he has lost the dressing room as well,especially from his comments to the press last night about what was said in the dressing room. His failure to mix things up tactically are a really worry.

Moore was being hounded out of the club by many on here long before his disastrous run and people refused to accept the loss of Barnes and injuries he had to deal with as an excuse. So why should they be an excuse for Billic?

LOL.  After that performance of course he should have shouted at them in frustration in the dressing room.  They’ve let him down massively in recent weeks.

We need to back the manager who had a fantastic 21 games and created huge positivity.  Hounding out good managers is not going to take us forwards.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #672 on: January 29, 2020, 07:29:22 AM »
I refute these suggestions we have a mediocre squad for the Championship.  We've spent a lot of money compared to the likes of Cardiff.  Bilic is not picking the right players to start, for instance Bond, Austin and now a massive case can be made for Brunt and Barry.  There looks to little or no defensive organisation on the training ground.  It is a given we will concede in a league match.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #673 on: January 29, 2020, 07:33:13 AM »
to early for sacking yet but he should start the team who beat west ham and charlton from the cup games. sawyers who i have never been a fan along with livermore should be dropped
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #674 on: January 29, 2020, 08:13:25 AM »
cannot believe the S word is even being used.

i think he has done a terrific job with the squad he has. Goals win games and we have the worst strike force in the top 6. 23 games-ish was perfect and some of that work has been thrown away now but i do feel that the quality of our strike force is beginning to tell.

HRK & Zohore with Austin as a strike force and still be in the top 2.

i honestly believe that is our biggest problem and we need a proven goal scorer at this level in before the window shuts.

if we dont, we will not finish top 2.

we need to back Slaven.