Author Topic: Slaven Bilic  (Read 676561 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Slaven Bilic
« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2019, 12:14:05 PM »
I think you inadvertently omitted “a stitch in time saves nine”, but the rest are spot on  ;)

Nope, just leaving crumbs along the way for others to follow   ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: June 26, 2019, 12:16:26 PM »
Nope, just leaving crumbs along the way for others to follow   ;D  ;) .

Once more, I am in your debt then   ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #252 on: June 26, 2019, 01:00:38 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #253 on: June 26, 2019, 02:43:25 PM »
Slaven Bilic defends his short spell in Saudi Arabia

Interesting read

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/06/26/slaven-bilic-defends-his-short-spell-in-saudi-arabia/

Interesting read. Seems to be a lot of similarities with Monk's season at Birmingham City.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #254 on: June 26, 2019, 03:05:03 PM »
'Best of his generation' The key figures Slaven Bilic has brought to West Brom

Informative article about Slaven’s right hand men

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/best-generation-key-figures-slaven-16489502.amp?__twitter_impression=true
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: June 26, 2019, 03:40:37 PM »
He seems the type of appointment which may convince a couple of the 'in demand' players to potentially stay and play for him.

The likes of Hegazi, Gibbs, Rodriguez may be more willing to stay another year under Slaven, rather than for example if the Cowley brothers had got the job.

As others have said, he seems to something about him.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #256 on: June 26, 2019, 05:24:34 PM »
I think ‘he gets it’, I believe what he says and he doesn’t seem to spin the usual lines or cliches.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #257 on: June 26, 2019, 05:51:53 PM »
I have a good and positive feeling about the appointment of Slaven that I haven’t felt since Ron Atkinson (first time round) and Johnny Giles (first time round) were appointed
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2019, 06:42:26 PM »
The last time you got this excited about the Albion was November 2009 under Mowbray when we beat Leicester 1-2  ;) .

I took my username in honour of the football we played under Mowbray, it was wonderful stuff  to watch  in the championship, but he was way out of depth in the premier, and he had the personality and charisma of a baked potato.

No such worries on either account with Slaven.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #259 on: June 26, 2019, 09:38:23 PM »
I guess this is better than having to talk posters down from tall buildings because we have appointed Alan Irvine and I absolutely don't blame the club mining every ounce of good PR out of Bilic who is box office. Yet there will come a point where the project encounters the cold hard reality of the Championship and I hope we don't forget the challenge that is in front of the club and turn on him as quickly as we are building him and our hopes up now.

He has a two year contract and he abosolutely needs to be given that time to get things right. Of course I hope everything gels quickly but I accept they may not. See where we are at the turn of the year before getting too excited one way or another. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2019, 10:12:31 AM »
I don't think anyone is getting carried away, certainly not Slaven himself, we all know how tough this division is.
But after years of number two's and novices we finally have a bona fide manager in every sense of the word.
This time last year when they gave it to Darren, i was in despair, another cheap option, nothing to lose except an Albion legends standing amongt the fans.
If we had appointed Hughton, or worse still, Appleton or Shan it would have been another sunless summer.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:42:50 AM by Dexy »

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2019, 08:40:35 AM »
I don't think anyone is getting carried away, certainly not Slaven himself, we all know how tough this division is.
But after years of number two's and novices we finally have a bona fide manager in every sense of the word.
This time last year when they gave it to Darren, i was in despair, another cheap option, nothing to lose except an Albion legends standing amongt the fans.
If we had appointed Hughton, or worse still, Appleton or Shan it would have been another sunless summer.

Sorry that is just plain wrong Pulis and Pardew were not cheap. I am fairly certain they would both be paid more than Bilic is currently. In the sense they had at least twice the experience than Bilic has were "bona fide managers

I don't want this appointment to go wrong and I am hopeful that it won't but it has the capacity to crash and burn as much as any of those you mentioned.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 08:43:53 AM by Dexy »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2019, 09:01:17 AM »
Sorry that is just plain wrong Pulis and Pardew were not cheap. I am fairly certain they would both be paid more than Bilic is currently. In the sense they had at least twice the experience than Bilic has were "bona fide managers

I don't want this appointment to go wrong and I am hopeful that it won't but it has the capacity to crash and burn as much as any of those you mentioned.

Let's hoe you are wrong for all of our sake's then.
I don't think we would have crashed and burned under Hughton, or Appleton, but i doubt anyone would have taken much notice of us, or they would have had as much pulling power when it comes to signing players.
The thing about Pulis was, when he was at Stoke he played with a couple of big blokes up front and a couple of fast wingers. His style wasn't pretty but effective.
With us he played one up front and everyone else behind the ball.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2019, 08:34:44 PM »
First team coach same position that he had under Moore
Really? I had my suspicions about where Jimmy would be
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2019, 12:08:11 AM »
Really? I had my suspicions about where Jimmy would be

When Stan posted this Shan was 1st team coach.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2019, 06:11:45 AM »

When Stan posted this Shan was 1st team coach.
I am sure that Stan can speak for himself. I am also sure that I new where Jimmy Shan would end up!
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2019, 06:27:11 AM »
We've all been shouting for change.............................now we're getting it.
Just hope it all works out
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2019, 02:12:15 PM »
Would have liked Shan to stay but can see why he went and makes sense without it being acrimonious. It feels like a new start so now only time will tell.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2019, 02:40:25 PM »
Every manager is a risk when appointed. You are never too sure how it will work but slaven ticks many more boxes than Irvine, Big Dave, Pardew, etc.

Pulis did the job he was asked to do and ticked a lot of boxes at the time. Slaven ticks different boxes and maybe a few more.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: June 29, 2019, 03:03:10 PM »
Every manager is a risk when appointed. You are never too sure how it will work but slaven ticks many more boxes than Irvine, Big Dave, Pardew, etc.

Pulis did the job he was asked to do and ticked a lot of boxes at the time. Slaven ticks different boxes and maybe a few more.

Pulis ticked no boxes for me

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2019, 08:30:02 PM »
Pulis ticked no boxes for me
Bilic for me.
Pulis does what is on tin.Keeps you up one season.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2019, 08:40:09 AM »
He's the 1st manager in a long time that has made me feel posative for our future,right man right time just needs the backing with £££ for transfars. He has a MASSIVE job on his hands i just hope everyone keeps their feet off his throught.
 Pulis was the man right time but after keeping us up he should have gone,Job Done

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #272 on: June 30, 2019, 09:28:26 AM »
He's the 1st manager in a long time that has made me feel posative for our future,right man right time just needs the backing with £££ for transfars. He has a MASSIVE job on his hands i just hope everyone keeps their feet off his throught.
 Pulis was the man right time but after keeping us up he should have gone,Job Done

Me too, can't remember the last time I was so looking forward to the start of the season.
He's been given 2 years to see what he can do, lets give him the chance
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #273 on: June 30, 2019, 10:21:47 AM »
Me too, can't remember the last time I was so looking forward to the start of the season.
He's been given 2 years to see what he can do, lets give him the chance

I can’t recall reading anyone who has posted on this thread that isn’t
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #274 on: June 30, 2019, 10:26:47 AM »
I can’t recall reading anyone who has posted on this thread that isn’t

Spot on - only positives from everyone I've spoken to and that's highly usual from our fanbase!
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !