Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1129654 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »
It best not be to replace Saido, nowt i can do but i would rather have Berahino if this is the case
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2015, 03:03:19 PM »
So he's like Lambert, rather than Berahino/Ideye?

Yes, more Lambert/Anichebe than Berahino/Ideye.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2015, 03:03:56 PM »
Whilst Randon clearly has an excellent goal-record (so did Brown Ideye) what really worries me is that he chose to go from Malaga to Ruben Kazan. At the time his goal record was almost 1 in 2, and he was 22 years old.

To me this clearly lacks ambition as a player, going from a top league to a team in the Russian wastelands, you have to question whether he'll have the right attitude.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2015, 03:04:36 PM »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »
Whilst Randon clearly has an excellent goal-record (so did Brown Ideye) what really worries me is that he chose to go from Malaga to Ruben Kazan. At the time his goal record was almost 1 in 2, and he was 22 years old.

To me this clearly lacks ambition as a player, going from a top league to a team in the Russian wastelands, you have to question whether he'll have the right attitude.
Wasn't Malaga having to cover MASSIVE debts at the time? Perhaps they sold through need rather than want.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2015, 03:05:26 PM »
I said this in the general thread but what worries me is that he went from Malaga to Ruben Kazan when he was doing excellent at Malaga. I would be very cautious of his attitude if that's the case as he clearly chose money over his career with that move.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »
I said this in the general thread but what worries me is that he went from Malaga to Ruben Kazan when he was doing excellent at Malaga. I would be very cautious of his attitude if that's the case as he clearly chose money over his career with that move.

If he's coming to us then he isn't going to be on mega-bucks! Not with Jezza in charge :P
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2015, 03:07:31 PM »
I'm literally s***ting myself with excitement. Rondon is literally a goal scoring machine!

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2015, 03:07:47 PM »

Lets be honest, as do most of them these days ... unfortunately.

Plastic Paddy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2015, 03:08:20 PM »
Sky sources are behind on this one !

Shouldn't you be working Mark  ;) Sky very rarely break transfer news - just take it from other sources and claim as their own!

Costakiblue

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »
Hopefully there is some substance to this. However let's not count on it yet - I'm sure that there could be other vultures circling.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2015, 03:10:07 PM »
Brilliant Albion. We do our business and no one has a clue who we are after until they sign on the dotted line

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2015, 03:11:11 PM »

Weren't Rubin signing the likes of Etoo at the time, and throwing loads of money at it? They had ambitions of dominating Europe at one point - then, if memory serves me right, their owner got fed up and pulled the plug!

Don't think we can really judge him on that.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2015, 03:11:25 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_BDgcL8VU4

What a beast

Well of there's one thing that clips shows, it's that he can hit a ball very sweetly and powerfully!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »
Like the majority of teams here Malaga have had big financial difficulties. Certainly around the time Rondon was sold they were in major trouble If memory serves Russian league  clubs were the major players at the time as they were less affected by the worlds financial problems.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2015, 03:12:21 PM »
This really does seem to have legs and as per my post when it first broke about 2 hours ago I am truly dumbfounded.  :o I do fear that it means Saido is off (which is a very bad thing) and I will fear that until one of either Ideye or Anichebe is sold or the widow closes.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2015, 03:12:22 PM »
Weren't Rubin signing the likes of Etoo at the time, and throwing loads of money at it? They had ambitions of dominating Europe at one point - then, if memory serves me right, their owner got fed up and pulled the plug!

Don't think we can really judge him on that.

That was Anzhi Makhachkala

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2015, 03:14:20 PM »
Wasn't Malaga having to cover MASSIVE debts at the time? Perhaps they sold through need rather than want.
Yes, but he chose to go to Russia, I'm sure he could have easily gone to anywhere in Europe, Premier League included.

To put it into perspective, Kazan is in the middle of nowhere - so I think it's very fair to question his motives.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »
Shouldn't you be working Mark  ;) Sky very rarely break transfer news - just take it from other sources and claim as their own!

I can multi task in my role !

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2015, 03:15:15 PM »
Strange one this for me though delighted were upping our game.

Why spend 15m on a unproven premier league striker when a proven one is available in Austin for the same price.

Allegedly Austin has said he wants to stay in London, maybe we know that and also have had enough of qpr.

There is also the possibility that due to the need to sell, the longer no one comes in for Austin then the more likely qpr may accept a compromise for Phillips ..... In that case why give them full whack for Austin when it could allow them to drive a harder bargain with us for Phillips....

Conspiracy conspiracy lol

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
 it could very well be the parting of the ways with Saido,if it isnt then poor old Lambert aint going to see much game time surely and i dont see Pulis selling him down the river like that ?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2015, 03:16:10 PM »
If we sign this guy this is an absolute bargain! Absolute beast of a striker!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »
This isn't like going from London to Hull. To put it into perspective, Ruben Kazan is literally in the middle of nowhere, it's desolate.
I understand that money motivates players and that is acceptable, but if he'd have moved wisely he may be playing in the champions league by now, but instead took the short-term, big money option.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited and hope he succeeds but I am very cautious too.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2015, 03:16:58 PM »
it could very well be the parting of the ways with Saido,if it isnt then poor old Lambert aint going to see much game time surely and i dont see Pulis selling him down the river like that ?

I really think this spell the end more of Anichebe than anyone else. Either that or Ideye.

Rondon's main strength is his strength. He's a completely different player to Saido.

He/him

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2015, 03:17:13 PM »
Now in the mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3188985/West-Brom-advanced-talks-sign-Venezuelan-striker-Salomon-Rondon-club-record-15m.html

Claims he's agent is here today, is a replacement for Ideye if we get £6 mill for him and is TP's main attacking primary attacking target. Contradicts the Times article as his medical is tomorrow...
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA