Author Topic: 1 Mar 2019 Leeds United 4 Albion 0  (Read 68612 times)

frankieb

• WBA Newbie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #425 on: March 02, 2019, 10:04:11 AM »
Bringing  Brunt on was enough!

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #426 on: March 02, 2019, 10:12:39 AM »
Yes

I remember Darren Moore instructing Chris Brunt to go on the pitch and miss kick the ball to allow them to score

The point is he should have never been on the pitch at all.

I think he has now realised he made a mistake because he hasn't been in any squad since !!!

He bought him on and he made a big mistake so the manager should take the stick for that.  If he had come on and scored a hat trick I am sure fans would be saying what a great decision by Darren Moore.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #427 on: March 02, 2019, 10:25:35 AM »
The point is he should have never been on the pitch at all.

I think he has now realised he made a mistake because he hasn't been in any squad since !!!

He bought him on and he made a big mistake so the manager should take the stick for that.  If he had come on and scored a hat trick I am sure fans would be saying what a great decision by Darren Moore.

Just another stark reminder of how poor and unbalanced our midfield is

That’s going to be no easy fix
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #428 on: March 02, 2019, 11:45:43 AM »
Terrible performance overall, but a few comments I would like to make on top of that general assessment.

1 To be so completely out fought in every area of the pitch was shocking. Sometimes it looked like they had about 3 more players than us

2 Playing a centre half as the left back was a terrible decision. We bought Townsend as a back up for Gibbs, so when Gibbs is injured play him ffs. He is a proper full back with some pace at least.

3 Some of the players look completely knackered, especially Dawson, Barry, Livermore(who isn't that good even when he isn't knackered) and Rodriguez.

4 As everyone else says, Gayle is not a winger. Play him in the centre forward role. Has been apparent for ages.

5 Even amongst a load of poor performances, Morrison's 35 minutes was truly awful. He strolled around like a little boy lost, marking only spaces, not tackling, not running into spaces, nothing. Embarrasing.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #429 on: March 02, 2019, 12:02:41 PM »
Terrible performance overall, but a few comments I would like to make on top of that general assessment.

1 To be so completely out fought in every area of the pitch was shocking. Sometimes it looked like they had about 3 more players than us

2 Playing a centre half as the left back was a terrible decision. We bought Townsend as a back up for Gibbs, so when Gibbs is injured play him ffs. He is a proper full back with some pace at least.

3 Some of the players look completely knackered, especially Dawson, Barry, Livermore(who isn't that good even when he isn't knackered) and Rodriguez.

4 As everyone else says, Gayle is not a winger. Play him in the centre forward role. Has been apparent for ages.

5 Even amongst a load of poor performances, Morrison's 35 minutes was truly awful. He strolled around like a little boy lost, marking only spaces, not tackling, not running into spaces, nothing. Embarrasing.
Even a rookie manager shouldn't be making such a bad decisions.
like you've pointed out he had the better option of playing Townsend in his natural position, playing Brunt would have been a better option at least he gives us a better dead ball option.
Don't think anyone apart from Moore will guess his thinking behind such a bad decision.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #430 on: March 02, 2019, 12:32:29 PM »
There was a stark contrast in the movement between the sides. In our starting line-up last night how many would you describe as sharp over the first 10 or 15 ?....Gayle (who is hardly involved anyway) and no-one else. By contrast Leeds seem to have a team full of them.

It's clear that Leeds relished the chance to get the QPR defeat out of their systems very quickly - especially with the motivation of getting revenge on us for the Hawthorns game. Our static side couldn't cope.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #431 on: March 02, 2019, 12:57:09 PM »
I think it's clear that Moore is struggling with the team at the moment.  Same thing happened earlier in the season, teams found us out and we struggled, it took far too long to change things around.  We have no Plan B.   The same has happened now, every team lines up against us the same way and every. single. time.  we struggle.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #432 on: March 02, 2019, 02:10:49 PM »
I think it's clear that Moore is struggling with the team at the moment.  Same thing happened earlier in the season, teams found us out and we struggled, it took far too long to change things around.  We have no Plan B.   The same has happened now, every team lines up against us the same way and every. single. time.  we struggle.

Last time injuries to Brunt and Bartley forced the change, not sure what will force it this time though.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #433 on: March 02, 2019, 03:36:47 PM »
I'm really, really glad I missed it. Celebrating a friend's 50th in a 13th Century castle; ironically along with a great friend who's a Leeds fan.

Can't help but think we are going to fizzle now for the rest of the season but right now I'm having a great weekend and trying not to give one.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #434 on: March 02, 2019, 05:13:28 PM »
I only caught highlights, but seems like Leeds as dominant as we were against them at The Hawthorns. Looking at the 2 teams for the fixtures, the one obvious difference was Harvey Barnes.
What's important now, is that DM picks up morale and self-confidence. If the players self belief starts slipping away, literally anyone will take points off us.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #435 on: March 02, 2019, 06:44:45 PM »
Decided to hold my thoughts until now cause was royally inebriated off after long round trip and £39 tickets.

I've backed Moore up until now but last night was a tactical disaster. Rodriguez cannot play in a withdrawn striker role, he just isn't good enough unfortunately.

Livermore and Barry cannot play in the same team, the centre midfield disappears completely with lack of mobility. Livermore in general should never play again, a massive problem player. Highlighted at one point when Adarabioyo had the ball at left back and there was a 50 metre square area in the middle of the pitch with no Albion players.

Harper looked lost, didn't seem to know where he was playing.

Said multiple times but Gayle through the middle, abysmal decision to consistently play him on the wing.

Onto the players, complete lack of effort by so many. Gayle and Holgate about the only two that looked bothered. As someone else mentioned only three players clapped the fans after the game, and one was Murphy who didn't play! Rodriguez and Holgate the other two.

And finally passing out from the back doesn't work against anyone, just goes unpunished against poorer teams. Better teams (Forest, Boro, Derby, Sheffield United, Leeds) will and have punished us - whether this is Jones' or Moore's idea, there has been no improvement (which is the ideal as we keep getting told we're in a transitional phase) and we keep sticking with it.

Very surprised if we go up now as we won't get automatics and can't beat any of the top 6-8 teams recently.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #436 on: March 03, 2019, 06:11:51 PM »
It looks very much like JRP was right all along - what was his statement? a mid-table championship club. We will be the new Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest etc a good few years in the Championship beckon at best. Aging players, loan players, a few youths not the best recipe in my opinion. Automatic promotion was never on and I wonder whether we have the bottle for the play offs anyway. A poor championship division this season I feel, pity anyone going up without some financial clout except maybe Leeds and they've been in the championship a few seasons
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #437 on: March 03, 2019, 07:21:59 PM »
Jeez. Cheer up everyone.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #438 on: March 04, 2019, 08:24:57 AM »
I only caught highlights, but seems like Leeds as dominant as we were against them at The Hawthorns. Looking at the 2 teams for the fixtures, the one obvious difference was Harvey Barnes.
What's important now, is that DM picks up morale and self-confidence. If the players self belief starts slipping away, literally anyone will take points off us.

The 2nd obvious difference being Matt Phillips, who was immense against Leeds at home. We have lost our 2 most creative players during this poor run, one we could have coped with but not losing the 2. T

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #439 on: March 04, 2019, 09:26:53 AM »
Jeez. Cheer up everyone.

“Always look on the bright side of life.
[whistle]

Always look on the light side of life.
[whistle]…”

Ala Monty Pythons Eric Idle

Thought a little music would cheer us all up!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.