Author Topic: Ben Foster  (Read 767357 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Ben Foster (Sold to Watford)
« Reply #3325 on: April 27, 2019, 08:55:36 AM »
Ben Foster admits he was ready to retire before Watford move

After so many years playing for Pulis, I think I would have wanted to retire as well, The article is, as usual from Ben, an honest view.

Source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/11704295/ben-foster-admits-he-was-ready-to-retire-before-watford-move
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3326 on: April 27, 2019, 09:14:39 AM »
Ben Foster admits he was ready to retire before Watford move

After so many years playing for Pulis, I think I would have wanted to retire as well, The article is, as usual from Ben, an honest view.

Source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11686/11704295/ben-foster-admits-he-was-ready-to-retire-before-watford-move
Don't think the word honest should be used in conjunction with Foster following his statements in the aftermath of our relegation. Unfortunately he has become just another well trained media savvy footballer that is we'll capablevof saying what his audience want to hear !!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3327 on: April 27, 2019, 06:04:46 PM »
Don't think the word honest should be used in conjunction with Foster following his statements in the aftermath of our relegation. Unfortunately he has become just another well trained media savvy footballer that is we'll capablevof saying what his audience want to hear !!

In the same interview, he says, West Brom are probably my team.
Why would he say that if he didn't mean it? 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3328 on: April 27, 2019, 08:38:04 PM »
I still believe he was sold too cheaply.

I

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3329 on: May 05, 2019, 08:19:03 AM »
“Watford and Bournemouth planning moves for Jack Butland as Stoke keeper eyes Premier League return to boost international prospects”

Looks as if Ben’s immediate future with Watford could be in question if this report is accurate

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6993345/Watford-Bournemouth-planning-moves-Jack-Butland.html
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3330 on: May 05, 2019, 08:52:56 AM »
In the same interview, he says, West Brom are probably my team.
Why would he say that if he didn't mean it?
Because he made pretty similar comments when joining us from Blues. Also why use the word probably ?

Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3331 on: May 05, 2019, 09:11:22 AM »
Watford keeper Ben Foster says he'll 'absolutely refuse' to play in the #FACup  final if he's picked over Heurelho Gomes.

"Gomes deserves it and should play without a doubt. He has never let this club down and never will."

A typical gesture by Ben

Made easier by the fact that he knew he wouldn't be picked anyway
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3332 on: May 06, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »
“Watford and Bournemouth planning moves for Jack Butland as Stoke keeper eyes Premier League return to boost international prospects”

Looks as if Ben’s immediate future with Watford could be in question if this report is accurate

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6993345/Watford-Bournemouth-planning-moves-Jack-Butland.html

In which case, we should make another offer Foster. He gives much more leadership from the back than SJ. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3333 on: December 01, 2019, 11:16:13 AM »
Sheffield United will move for former England goalkeeper Ben Foster, 36, if Watford are relegated at the end of the season.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10458342/sheffield-united-ben-foster-watford-relegation-premier-league/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:19:03 AM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3334 on: December 01, 2019, 01:40:51 PM »
Watford fans say he was great last year but utter garbage this season. A season too far it seems and most want him to  retire.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3335 on: December 01, 2019, 01:50:01 PM »
Watford fans say he was great last year but utter garbage this season. A season too far it seems and most want him to  retire.

Laughable, the few points they've got are almost directly attributable to Ben.

If he's available we should get him back next season.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3336 on: December 01, 2019, 01:55:56 PM »
Even accounting for the atrocious defence in front of him he has been not upto standard according to my few Watford pals. Their fan forum suggests the same.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3337 on: December 01, 2019, 02:04:54 PM »
On the contrary, a Watford pal of mine says he's the reason they have any points.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3338 on: December 01, 2019, 02:09:46 PM »
The beauty of football!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3339 on: December 01, 2019, 02:22:58 PM »
The funniest thing was when they managed to beat Norwich some of our fans on Facebook were claiming he was good enough for England.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3340 on: December 01, 2019, 03:34:58 PM »
If we get promoted, we should go in for him. Given his background here, he should slot in immediately. And win us a few extra points in the Prem.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3341 on: December 01, 2019, 05:29:25 PM »
If we get promoted, we should go in for him. Given his background here, he should slot in immediately. And win us a few extra points in the Prem.

Yeah if we get promoted and Watford get relegated he would back like a shot. Couldn't wait to leave us when we went down. To old, people saying how well he's playing. Really! bottom of the Prem with the worst goal difference.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3342 on: December 01, 2019, 09:36:06 PM »
No way if there relegated let him stay there. He's made his bed let him lie in it.. I fir one will wave if we pass them. Sam's the future Ben's the past.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3343 on: December 01, 2019, 09:50:30 PM »
I've seen a bit of him this season and I'd say overall he's on the decline.
He's single-handedly saved Watford a few points with some fantastic saves, but he's also had a few howlers which have also dropped them points. He used to be mostly error-free so it looks like his age is starting to set in.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3344 on: December 01, 2019, 09:56:02 PM »
Yes,. there will be better options out there than Foster. His time with us is over.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3345 on: December 01, 2019, 10:50:43 PM »
Good bloke in his day.
Fozzie was a "good 'un".
Time to move on.
Was at the top of his game in the past.... Slipped when he left us.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3346 on: January 26, 2020, 08:02:45 PM »
“A special shout out to @BenFoster. At our meeting on Thursday, @Richfitzbrfc (who had travelled from Basingstoke) was bidding in the auction for a signed WBA shirt for his son. Ben outbid him and then (after paying) gave him the shirt! Top man.”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3347 on: March 02, 2020, 08:27:57 AM »
Tottenham plot transfer move for Watford keeper Ben Foster as Mourinho wants 36-year-old to push Lloris for No1 spot

He's out of contract in the summer and it looks like his services will be in demand

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11074096/tottenham-transfer-foster-lloris-mourinho/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

The Tank

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3348 on: March 02, 2020, 10:13:18 AM »
Is he the only player to have (been playing in a team which has) beaten Liverpool twice in the last 25 months ?

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3349 on: March 02, 2020, 12:40:12 PM »
He is on talksport now and said Mel tried to make up play it out the back which isn't his game and said myhill was a great number 2 and that Watford haven't offered him an extension to his contract and that is the first time he is in the position of being out of contract at the end of the season.

He's 37 soon, but I would take him back for a couple of seasons on a free.