Author Topic: Rekeem Harper Joins Ipswich Town  (Read 217492 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #700 on: July 06, 2019, 12:35:36 PM »
46k is his flex down wage!??!

No, to be fair, it wouldn't be but the thing with the flex down wage is I'd expect it rises again in the event of promotion which would then (if we went up next season) leave us with a 30 year old on wages he has never justified. Livermore hasn't long signed a new contract I'd be amazed if there isn't a condition in that contract that bumps his wages up again if we're in the Premier League.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #701 on: July 06, 2019, 12:37:29 PM »
 :o that his wages are still that high but wouldn't surprise me I'm still gobsmacked that HRK was given a contract worth 50,000.00 plus club is definitely run by a bunch of morons

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #702 on: July 06, 2019, 12:38:21 PM »
Oh right, yeah i'd like him to be gone flex down or not along with Brunt. Even in the champo we have to be paying these 2 around 50k a week combined. Insanity.

I believe HRK is on 20k in the champo and then 40k if we go up! CLueless.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #703 on: July 06, 2019, 12:39:58 PM »
Fantastic news about Harper. Hopefully he gets his head down now and concentrates completely on improving. He could be our most valuable academy player yet.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #704 on: July 06, 2019, 12:45:43 PM »
Oh right, yeah i'd like him to be gone flex down or not along with Brunt. Even in the champo we have to be paying these 2 around 50k a week combined. Insanity.

I believe HRK is on 20k in the champo and then 40k if we go up! CLueless.
HRK contract extension, yeah idiots offered him new deal but to be fair Pulis was hit with three million court costs I digress 54 000.00 a week.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #705 on: July 06, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »
Good news for us.
Hopefully Harper will have more chances next season, let our academy products know that there is a pathway to break into the 1st team.
The PRIDE of midlands

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #706 on: July 06, 2019, 12:49:05 PM »
Hopefully he can now work on refining his game and excelling in a couple of areas and can really concentrate on his Albion career. He shown lots of good signs last season i'm pleased he's signed!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #707 on: July 06, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »
Good news. Lets hope SB can get the best out of him.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #708 on: July 06, 2019, 01:13:53 PM »
Good news.

If we do play a 4231, supposedly Bilic's favourite formation, wouldn't that allow Harper to fit in:
                  Defence x 4
               Livermore Field
          Harper.           Edwards??
                  Krovanic
                   JRod???

what about Phillips and Burke?

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #709 on: July 06, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »

Livermore is on a reported £46K per week. If that figure is within £10K correct and I'm pretty certain it is, I would be actively trying to entice offers for him.

Getting a distinctly average 29 year old on money like that out of the door is absolutely what we should be doing. I'd accept pretty much any offer for him just to get that wage off the books.

Didn't we turn down an offer from Palace for him a while back? If so criminal really. We really shouldn't be turning down good offers for any of our players IMO especially when we've ended up eventually letting many go for a fraction of the cost.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #710 on: July 06, 2019, 02:16:14 PM »
Good news.

If we do play a 4231, supposedly Bilic's favourite formation, wouldn't that allow Harper to fit in:
                  Defence x 4
               Livermore Field
          Harper.           Edwards??
                  Krovanic
                   JRod???
I imagine he would be in place of Field or Livermore with Phillips around.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #711 on: July 06, 2019, 02:20:35 PM »
what about Phillips and Burke?

True. For got Phillips - probably be injured though.

Defence x 4
        Livermore. Field
      Harper Krovanic phillips
                   JR
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #712 on: July 06, 2019, 03:51:52 PM »
Nice one Rekeem.

Here's hoping he goes onto fulfill his potential, and preferably with us  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #713 on: July 06, 2019, 04:18:55 PM »
Very pleased about this. Adds that special ingredient of creativity to our midfield. Also gives a boost for our Academy. We do need to produce some players ourselves instead of just relying on the transfer market. Hope that Bilic gets the best out of him. He may be a similar type player to Filip in which case some competition for places makes us stronger.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #714 on: July 06, 2019, 04:28:21 PM »
Good news. There's still this question of what type of player Harper is and what's he going to be ? He could potentially play in the same position as Filip but from the footage they are very different players.

Bearing in mind our need for legs and energy in midfield could we see

Harper                Field
                         Krovinovic

with Harper generally more advanced than Field but with Field also able to get forward when the opportunity is there. Average age there about 21. Just a thought.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #715 on: July 06, 2019, 04:33:07 PM »
Good news. There's still this question of what type of player Harper is and what's he going to be ? He could potentially play in the same position as Filip but from the footage they are very different players.

Krovinovic

with Harper generally more advanced than Field but with Field also able to get forward when the opportunity is there. Average age there about 21. Just a thought.
You'll never win anything with kids  ;)

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #716 on: July 06, 2019, 05:03:44 PM »
Harper probably isn't defence-minded enough to play in a 2. Krovinovic probably doesn't score enough to play as a number 10. If we could somehow bring in a Makelele-type destroyer we could go 433:

New DM
     Harper         Krovinovic

I never want to see the Livermore - Brunt partnership return, but then we're left needing 2 centre mids because neither Brunt, Livermore, Field or Harper are good enough/suited to playing in a 2. In which case we'd be overstocked with 6 central midfielders and the 2 young ones will never get gametime.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #717 on: July 06, 2019, 05:31:00 PM »
Harper probably isn't defence-minded enough to play in a 2. Krovinovic probably doesn't score enough to play as a number 10. If we could somehow bring in a Makelele-type destroyer we could go 433:

New DM
     Harper         Krovinovic

I never want to see the Livermore - Brunt partnership return, but then we're left needing 2 centre mids because neither Brunt, Livermore, Field or Harper are good enough/suited to playing in a 2. In which case we'd be overstocked with 6 central midfielders and the 2 young ones will never get gametime.
I'm thinking of Krovinovic as an AM not a No 10 - there is a difference. We never quite seem to trust our youngsters do we ?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #718 on: July 06, 2019, 05:54:38 PM »

Krovinovic

That is a much better midfield three than we've been used to (cue Jacko, Field is pooh and Brunt must play histrionics  ;)).

Those three are youthful, should be capable of, and indeed suited by, playing a higher tempo than we're used to (which Bilic has hinted as ideal) and they compliment each other well. You have the defensive mind and left foot of Field, the athleticism and right foot of Harper and the mobility, attacking mind and two feet of Krovinovic.

That midfield three is capable in the Championship. There are a couple of issues though: a) It's a very inexperienced trio, b) we need obvious cover and c) because of it's youth it may be inconsistent.

For any one off game though if we lined up with that midfield three I'd be pretty happy.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #719 on: July 06, 2019, 06:41:36 PM »
Whilst Slav may get the plaudits, he can only agree what the board are willing to sanction....I think the board deserve credit on this one
This kid can play, he has a great future ahead  and will only get better , there would have been plenty others willing to take him so we have done well to retain

Hopefully all those that have never met him but talk about his poor attitude, get behind the player .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #720 on: July 06, 2019, 08:01:36 PM »
Fantastic news, we won't make a better signing this Summer. Rekeem will not be understudy to anyone he will be a star performer.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #721 on: July 06, 2019, 10:11:58 PM »
Excellent news. I think he was on the verge of signing when big Dave got sacked, but wanted to wait until he knew who the next manager was going to be, which is fair enough. Always thought he would sign eventually. Very good prospect who needs time to develop and gain confidence and consistency, the two things hardest to achieve when you are still a teenager. We need to be patient with him and hope he  can make the step up. Under Bilic, I am quietly confident.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #722 on: July 06, 2019, 11:00:20 PM »

That is a much better midfield three than we've been used to (cue Jacko, Field is rubbish and Brunt must play histrionics  ;) ).

Those three are youthful, should be capable of, and indeed suited by, playing a higher tempo than we're used to (which Bilic has hinted as ideal) and they compliment each other well. You have the defensive mind and left foot of Field, the athleticism and right foot of Harper and the mobility, attacking mind and two feet of Krovinovic.

That midfield three is capable in the Championship. There are a couple of issues though: a) It's a very inexperienced trio, b) we need obvious cover and c) because of it's youth it may be inconsistent.

For any one off game though if we lined up with that midfield three I'd be pretty happy.

Brunt is better than Field. End of story really...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #723 on: July 07, 2019, 12:41:05 AM »
With him signing does this put to bed the Chelsea lad joining?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #724 on: July 07, 2019, 07:10:31 AM »
With him signing does this put to bed the Chelsea lad joining?

Maybe he'll replace Livermore *prays*